Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 17:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda A.S.S - Gurudev Motors

Firstly, I'm not surprised to see you here

Why is there a delay between delivery and registration? From the feedback looks like the guindy service station is the better off the two and you can ask for some references from the forum members. Couple of my friends own a skoda and I can get you some reference if you do decide to go ahead with the skoda purchase.

I personally feel, rapid is a much better option compared to vento TL and I would strongly suggest you that. And before I complete, after sales of VW too is nothing to talk about, though, thankfully you have atleast an alternate choice in terms of service centers. Since both the cars are essentially the same, maintanence cost should also be very similar.

Good luck with your car purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
They are promising delivery by the last week of this month but registration will happen only by Dec 10-15. I am just wondering if I should go by their words on this. Also, the A.S.S experiences that have been discussed here is a sure cause for concern.

Am I better off sticking with the Vento (through Sundaram) ?
Old 9th November 2011, 17:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Firstly, I'm not surprised to see you here

Why is there a delay between delivery and registration? From the feedback looks like the guindy service station is the better off the two and you can ask for some references from the forum members. Couple of my friends own a skoda and I can get you some reference if you do decide to go ahead with the skoda purchase.

I personally feel, rapid is a much better option compared to vento TL and I would strongly suggest you that. And before I complete, after sales of VW too is nothing to talk about, though, thankfully you have atleast an alternate choice in terms of service centers. Since both the cars are essentially the same, maintanence cost should also be very similar.

Good luck with your car purchase.
Thanks Bala. Would be great if you can get me some references. Yes, the Rapid Ambition model seems to be a better bet than the Vento Trendline. ABS, Driver Airbag and Keyless entry are three important add-ons (Fog Lamps are cosmetic though). My estimate is that the ambience would be priced between 8.5-8.75L Ex-showroom. In that case, I would take it any day. I am going ahead with the booking. Lets see.
Old 13th January 2012, 14:24   #18
BHPian

I have given my Laura for first service . Today is the third day and I'm waiting for them to call confirming the car is ready. Let's hope they dont do their usual thing of screwing up the bill . Will post you guys once I pick up the car this evening .
Old 13th January 2012, 21:09   #19
BHPian

bad just got worse !!!! bad enough i had to wait for 3 days, they actually gave me the car with my seats and side panels soiled with dirty hands and not bothered to clean it up gave them a shelling and they cleaned it. Im very suspicious about whether they actually changed the engine oil, i checked the level and it did seem low and the oil didnt look all that new.

What troubles me is the way in which they behave to customers, just because they are the sole dealers for skoda in chennai. Should skoda realise that they are damaging their reputation.

Something constructive and serious needs to be done to teach these guys a lesson !!!
Old 14th January 2012, 02:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

kvigneshbhasker - Why 3 days for a first service? It shouldnt take more than a day, unless you had asked for some body work/repair to be carried out. Which service center is this? with growing number of rapid owners, this is only bound to get worse. Now that you have invested in the car, only option it to build some rapport with an SA whom you can work with for subsequent services. Dont think so anything else can be done.
Old 28th July 2012, 16:58   #21
BHPian

Had a bad experience with Gurudev as usual. Our Laura's AC was behaving strange. Kept going off at regular intervals. Took it to the Arumbakkam service and asked an engineer to just have a look at it. He flatly said he cannot even take a look at it without an appointment! So much for customer support. Finally took an appointment and took it there again and asked another guy what might need replacement. Now AC failures in Skoda is no Rocket Science! But he said he cannot say it unless he connects it to a computer! finally after 4 days after repeatedly calling him, he says that the compressor needs replacement and needs 2 days for repair. After 2 days when we call him, he says the parts are not available and will take one week. Thereafter he just wouldn't pick up his phone. Finally one day my dad went and blasted them and threatened to put a consumer case. They said he would give it the next day. Next day again he wouldn't pick his phone so my brother went directly to the Service centre. This guy comes out saying the vehicle is ready. When my brother goes and sees, the entire carpet area is dirty and black in colour, the seats are soiled and the door trims filthy! HE said he wouldnt pick the car in this condition and would escalate the issue. Next day however, they gave back the car in decent condition. Thats it my dad has lost his faith in Skoda and wants to swap though he loves the car. The only good thing was that the entire thing was covered in warranty but with the horror stories of skoda parts and a**, it would never be a peaceful ownership!
rnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 14:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

OMG, this is really sad I am deliberating on a Yeti and all these experiences have been an eye opener.
Old 7th May 2017, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Apologies for bumping an old thread, I would like to know if anything has changed at all with regard to Skoda ASS in Chennai? Seems Gurudev Motors are still the only dealers, and i'm looking for a sedan in the 25-35 lakh range, to replace my Verna.

Jetta is out of the equation now, and the new Superb seems pretty brilliant.
Old 24th December 2018, 07:51   #24
BHPian

Did you go ahead with your purchase of the superb? I m considering a Skoda. The car is convincing enough but is the A.S.S. is not.

Any views on how gurudev currently fares is much appreciated
Old 29th April 2019, 10:05   #25
BHPian

Gurudev and SKODA RSA at it again. MAybe due to a battery issue, my Skoda Rapid June 2017 wouldnt start. Gurudev can provide a pick up subject to driver availability but wouldnt provide a jump start, says its the prerogative of the RSA. RSA says they can only provide a jumpstart and it is my headache to coordinate between both the parties. When the entity is same, why I am required to coordinate between two vendors.
Learn it from SKODA to mess up a simple techincal assistance issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks