Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 21:53   #16
BANNED

No Man, There's no rule like that. Have'nt heard of it before. Maybe the Dealer was just making a pop out of you!

BTW, Tata dealers are known of doing more horrible things to there customers. So, Not much surprising to hear from a TATA dealer. Just say TATA to them and cross the road to walk in to a Maruti or Honda or Toyota showroom.
Old 7th July 2006, 22:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am sure there is no rule like that. You should have gone to another dealer. Anyway, congrats on your new car! Do post a detailed review with pics.

Quote:
I'll make sure he remembers me for that joke all his life...
God how wicked can I get. But then I should have some fun too coz he made me run around the world to get the papers of all kinds...
Also, let us know the details about that too. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!
Old 7th July 2006, 22:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure it wasn't a part of MTV 'bakra'

Tell them you are buying a Scorpio instead and they'll come running after you.

Last edited by Mpower : 7th July 2006 at 22:14.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:37   #19
BHPian

Great Idea MPower-
Hey girlie- Seriously, go there, say that you have changed your mind, coz when you went to the mahindra dealership, they never asked you such demeaning questions, tell then that you got a better loan deal- quote 0.5% interest lower,a discount and that as a result of their superb customer care, that you have decided to buy a mahindra scorpio

The least it will do is give the guy a serious Jolt which they deserve for servving up such crap, and hell, you might even get a serious discount!!!
Old 8th July 2006, 08:47   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels
Please let me know.
Warm Regards,
Girlieonwheels
Girlie, looking at your sign-off on your original post when you started this thread, I wonder if you are actually trying to pull one on us ..
Old 8th July 2006, 21:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, Tata dealers are known of doing more horrible things to there customers. So, Not much surprising to hear from a TATA dealer.
Update Guys...!
You are right speedzak I had a bad bad experience today. So I didnt get my Dicor today reason - TATA dealers deserve a TATA but then I am too impressed by this model.

This is what happened today:
- The finance guy forgot to mention the payment mode and all I was expecting it to be was a Cheque payment or at the max a BankDraft (coz hubby bought his Ford using a Cheque Payment mode). But silly people take downpayment as cash and by the time they told, the banks had closed down and I could not take that amount from the ATM.
- Besides, the guys there are really uninformed and have a bad knowlede about finance rules.
So I would suggest you all to actually take care of all that stuff before expecting the car's delivery. But I am surprised after all the FI and investigations they could not take a cheque from me...But then TATA is a TATA :-P

But overall I am still buying it from them coz at the end of the day its the car that matters and not these sales people who are going to remain the same. (Nawab Motors sales staff is frustrating)

So guys Wish me LUCK for MONDAY :-)

Regarding the rule I mentioned at the start of this thread, there is no such rule...the guy had a bad knowledge and was acting smart untill Hubby Dear intervened and took his happiness..!!!

But thanks a lot for all the responses and its a great forum!
Old 9th July 2006, 09:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

So you were upto it - trying to pull one on us ...

Looks like this dealer seems to have a motley staff. I have tried two Tata dealers here in Blr, and have not had to pay the downpayment / booking amt in cash. I have used cheques, and they were happy. Actually, I did all of my payments to the dealer and dues to others like insurance were disbursed by the dealer.

And yes, if possible take a digital cam with you for delivery. Go thru the vehicle with a tooth-comb if you need to, and get any damages on record. Hope that you wont have any such problems, though.

Happy driving !

Last edited by condor : 9th July 2006 at 09:44.
Old 9th July 2006, 13:47   #23
BHPian

Girlie..You can take a down-payment via Cash/Credit Card/Demand Draft..Infact CHQ are acceptable but the car is delivered the day your CHQ is realized...I think Nawab..Is a real lazy Nawab..Who don;t take the pains to sell..just create hell..! These were the options as offered to me when I took my XETA from Delhi last month
Old 22nd August 2006, 18:09   #24
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels
But silly people take downpayment as cash and by the time they told, the banks had closed down and I could not take that amount from the ATM.
Did you finally pay in cash?
I guess they are again taking you for a ride....
I have never heard someone pay cash for a new car. Why? coz its a all supposed to be white money and thats not in cash (normally)

Sounds like the dealer has some other plans of not recording the cash in his accounts.

Did he give you a system generated VAT/ sales tax paid invoice?
Old 24th August 2006, 15:51   #25
BHPian

The way the Deal is going, be sure to take a guy/mechanic who knows the car inside out to take delivery. Record everything, and sign the dotted line only after a real thorough pre delivery inspection.

Seems the dealers are trying to take you for a ride.

Please keep posted. We are all eager to know about the outcome of this LEGAL BATTLE.
Old 25th August 2006, 12:48   #26
BHPian

Sumit,
The issue was resolved when I asked some male members of my family to look into the matter. I was actually being taken for a ride (probably for being a lady customer). But since I loved the vehicle so much I didnt want to let go off the deal so easily.
The guy made a sorry face but still was giving all kinds of excuses that they have been cheated earlier because people gave them fake bank DD's and cheques that bounced later.
I bought it on loan but the downpayment of the amount was paid in cash coz I didnt want to delay the delivery.
And now my machine is more than a month old and gives me pleasurable performance. Its a real delight so I dont even think about the unpleasant episode that had happened. But actually I would advice all of you to ask for such details and make sure the facts beforehand in order to save your time andn make your purchase a nice and beautiful experience.
Regards,
Girlieonwheels :-)
Old 25th August 2006, 14:02   #27
BHPian

Congratulations girlie on your new set of wheels. Keep Rolling!!!
FYI - I've been going through all of Safari DICOR related posts here and yours has been really useful. Appreciate the details that you gave. Just spells out the love that you guys have for cars. Accolades to all BHPians
Old 25th August 2006, 14:29   #28
BHPian

hi girlieonwheels..

I think that dealer wanted to make some money, taking advantage of you being female and had no experience of buying a car, so when your family members came into picture the true colors of the dealer came into light..
anyways this is INDIA, if you are not smart then you loose a lot..
Old 25th August 2006, 14:43   #29
BHPian

And there are good dealers too..

I paid a personal cheque for Rs 150,000/- as the final payment a few minutes before taking delivery of my car. I had paid a 20K advance and finance paid the rest.

These things happen, too...
Old 25th August 2006, 20:59   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Rover, there's a clause that says all cheques are subject to realization. Enough to just get back your car if the cheque isnt good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks