Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 10:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

2: Report this to Royal Sundram Grievance - which I will do
Hi Ajmat,

I had similar experience with Royal Sundaram getting NCB for my car which I sold last year
1) I had mailed customer support, gave documents from CARS24 transaction (car sales proof) and mParivahan (RC change proof). I got standard response that they are working on it.
2) After 2 reminders, they gave response that they were working on it, but suddenly threw a googly that it NCB should be given with Maruti insurance broking or dealer whom I got the insurance and check with them
3) Maruti Insurance brokers told they cant give NCB and requested to check with dealer(BIMAL) who booked insurance.
4) Bimal guys told that I have come after 60 days of insurance expiry and they also cannot give NCB. They were unable to understand that I am not asking for NCB in same insurance but NCB transfer letter
5) I went back to Royal Sundaram and directly addressed the Grievance officer. After couple of mails follow-up, I got my certificate.

Only good part was HDFC Ergo incorporated the Certificate immediately and I got prorated refund (though 50% only as 6 months lost in this process)

Overall it left a bad taste in getting a letter, which I earned by not claiming any insurance in last 8 years.

If already not done, please mail to grievance officer Grievance.Redressal@royalsundaram.in

Last edited by concorde24 : 25th February 2022 at 10:59.
Old 25th February 2022, 11:05   #17
BHPian

Process is not something any of us can fight. Even at our workplace, process is given priority over logic. Better to comply and move on with our lives.

In my case, I used the delivery receipt, that the dealer I sold to issued to me, to cancel OD. Took less than a week.
Old 25th February 2022, 12:13   #18
BHPian

I had a similar experience around 9 years back, and I wanted to transfer my NCB from Tata AIG to Sundaram (and a new car).

Tata AIG took around 2 months with a few reminders. This, after I had sent them the Delivery note and RC Book with the transfer of ownership. During this time, I had already taken delivery of the new car. So, couldn't avail the NCB.

I'd taken that the delay was due to the paper work involved.

There is no excuse for this now, given that all records are electronic.
Old 25th February 2022, 15:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Sale Deed? Thats only required for something like a house. I had enclosed the updated RC Copy

So I replied

Attachment 2276216

and I get the reply

Attachment 2276217
That's very unproffesional of them and as a customer we have to keep fighting for our rights. Why the world can't work in proper manner? Sometimes I feel like I am communicating with robots with no brains.

Also, In my opinion, sale deed is must. What if an accident take place between handover and RC transfer.

If you keep the vehicle to yourself until RC transfer completed than this is not applicable.
Old 26th February 2022, 00:59   #20
BHPian

It has become like a very generic way to delay any rightful claim. The line " we completely understand your concern" is like a rhetoric used everytime and to be very honest they just do not have any concern. Have faced the same thing everytime I was following up with with any customer service. It seems more like they are simply asked to not budge and insist on silly things that do not exist to prevent a claim
Old 27th February 2022, 09:01   #21
BHPian

Well. Form 29/30 (Transfer of ownership ) is needed to transfer NCB. May be that’s what they are referring to as sale deed.

https://www.royalsundaram.in/car-ins...no-claim-bonus
Old 28th February 2022, 13:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
They don’t bother to obtain the NCB certificate like they did earlier - all they want is the premium by any means.
That is not correct and I speak out of experience from 4 years ago. When I changed my insurer online, I marked my NCB as 50% instead of 40% by mistake and yes they gave me my insurance with the quoted NCB. However 4 months down the lane they apparently sent me an email stating that I was only eligible for 40% per their verification process and that I have to pay the difference within 30 days from the date of the email. Unfortunately, this email and the follow up emails from the insurer ended up in my junk folder and I never got a chance to read them.

All this came to light when I received a cheque from the insurer one fine day and the enclosed letter stated my insurance stands cancelled and they are returning the difference post charging me for the period I was insured. It so turned out that I had been driving my car without insurance for a period of 25 days! Eventually I went back to the same insurer and they were kind enough to regenerate my policy along with the 40% NCB.

So never assume that you can get away with it, they have a robust verification mechanism in place. The sales team may not look at it, but the backend team does. No financial organization will let you get away with even a few rupees let alone amount running in thousands.

@Ajmat, If your old insurance lapses and is not renewed in your name, you can simply email them to transfer the NCB. Of course I am not sure if Sundaram CS folks are sensible enough, but I did this moving from Bajaj Allianz to Tata AIG. Since I renewed my insurance online, I only quoted the NCB. They did the verification with the previous insurer in the background. Also for my other car, I paid insurance fully upfront when I got it and then submitted an NCB certificate a month later and got the refund within 10 days.

Last edited by SR-71 : 28th February 2022 at 13:43.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 18:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for the delay

As a follow-up, I raised a Grievance which took its own time. Anxious to get my Audi compliant, on 28th, I dashed out just before lunch and went to their branch office. I explained what I wanted. It meant filling in a proposal form and writing two letters. - one for the NCB and one for the transfer of the existing policy. I paid a princely amount of Rs 105 and was told that to expect the endorsement in 2 days.

Of course, nothing happened.

Meanwhile a response from the Grievance folks was a copy of my old cars endorsed policy. Replaced saying this not what I wanted, the requirement was for the NCB.

The next day I got my NCB certificate.

Meanwhile after two weeks, no sign of the Audi's endorsed policy. I called the helpline and complained. They confirmed that the transfer had happened and raised a ticket. I received an endorsement copy - the next day.

Last week, they rang to remind me about the Polo renewal. I told them with pleasure, that I have moved to Tata AIG!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks