Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 20:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process

I recently sold my VW Jetta and needed my NCB Copy. So I politely wrote as follows:

Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process-screenshot-20220222-8.43.30-pm.png

After the usual acknowledgement - I get the reply as follows:

Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process-screenshot-20220222-8.47.24-pm.png

Sale Deed? Thats only required for something like a house. I had enclosed the updated RC Copy

So I replied

Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process-screenshot-20220222-8.47.47-pm.png

and I get the reply

Name:  Screenshot 20220222 at 8.48.26 PM.png
Views: 895
Size:  69.3 KB

Brilliant way of stalling a customer by making us go in circles. I better be careful in making any claim. Will need a written permit to crash

Anyway - my options are

1: Wait for the insurance to run out on that car mid March, get my next insurance renewal to verify with Royal Sundram

2: Report this to Royal Sundram Grievance - which I will do

3: Storm into their office

My replacement car is also with Sundram - am awaiting the updated RC card due anytime. The insurance is due end April.
ajmat is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process

They made me wait in a similar way and eventually didn't give me the NCB Certificate for 50% NCB.

This was after having insured my car with them for 7 years between 2010-2017, with 0 claims.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to vehemently follow up beyond a few phone calls every month. So, if possible, PLEASE do report them to the ombudsman if they play around.

I discussed it here (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!) too.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 22nd February 2022 at 22:11. Reason: Added link.
GrammarNazi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sale Deed? Thats only required for something like a house. I had enclosed the updated RC Copy
Did you call them to understand what is that "Sale Deed" they are referring to? Is it that receipt acknowledging, you received the payment towards the car sale?
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I recently sold my VW Jetta and needed my NCB Copy. So I politely wrote as follows:

Attachment 2276214

After the usual acknowledgement - I get the reply as follows:

Attachment 2276215

Sale Deed? Thats only required for something
Do you not have Form 28&Form 29?

https://www.cars24.com/blog/what-are...ell-a-car/amp/

https://www.coverfox.com/benefits-of...ling-your-car/

I see it also mentioned as one of documents for getting this certificate in multiple sites. Maybe it holds true for other providers also.

Last edited by SideView : 22nd February 2022 at 22:21. Reason: Trimming quotes
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Do you not have Form 28&Form 29?
/[/url]

I see it also mentioned as one of documents for getting this certificate in multiple sites. Maybe it holds true for other providers also.
I submitted this to the RTO.
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:35   #6
BANNED

With the current dog-eat-dog scenario between insurance companies, my understanding is that all you need to do is renew your policy with another company and you would get your 50% NCB.

They don’t bother to obtain the NCB certificate like they did earlier - all they want is the premium by any means.

So I guess you can tell Sundaram to take a hike after the policy is over, renew with another company, and be none the worse for the wear.
EV NXT is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 07:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

When I had sold my car in November 2021, even I was asked a sale deed by Royal Sundaram and return of the NCB on pro rata basis, I paid the NCB amount and was immediately issued a NCB certificate. Little did I know that this isnt in anyways going to help me during my new car Insurance purchase.

I had called up their Customer care nos for the NCB certificate post which the certificate issuance was done quickly.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process

When I had to deal with Royal Sundaram, they had asked me for the delivery notice of the sale. Once I provided them with that they directly applied the NCB discount on the new car insurance which I took from Royal Sundaram itself. Thankfully it was a quick process for me.

So, maybe in this case they are referring to the delivery notice as sale deed.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

Anyway - my options are

1: Wait for the insurance to run out on that car mid March, get my next insurance renewal to verify with Royal Sundram *SNIP*
Exact same argument I had with Royal Sundaram when I called them about cancelling/trasferring (to the new owner) the insurance when I sold my Jetta recently.

They said insurance cannot be cancelled unless I can show proof of insurance either from them or from someone else for the car that I have sold.

And I asked them what a sale deed was for an automobile since as far as I know it does not exist. The lady says "Saar you will sign a sale deed no? How can you sell without a sale deed?".

I then told her, if the new owner does not share their new insurance with me what do I do, she said there's nothing I can do.

So, even for me to transfer my insurance to the new owner they said they needd a sale deed.

Now, if the new owner does not wish to continue my policy in their name, my only option is to wait for the policy to lapse.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 23:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Exact same argument I had with Royal Sundaram when I called them about cancelling/trasferring (to the new owner) the insurance when I sold my Jetta recently.

They said insurance cannot be cancelled unless I can show proof of insurance either from them or from someone else for the car that I have sold.

And I asked them what a sale deed was for an automobile since as far as I know it does not exist. The lady says "Saar you will sign a sale deed no? How can you sell without a sale deed?".

I then told her, if the new owner does not share their new insurance with me what do I do, she said there's nothing I can do.

So, even for me to transfer my insurance to the new owner they said they needd a sale deed.

Now, if the new owner does not wish to continue my policy in their name, my only option is to wait for the policy to lapse.

Cheers
To get NCB certificate, as per Royal Sundaram website, the required documents is Form 29/30 which is nothing but Intimation of Transfer of Ownership to RTO. This is to prove the car is indeed sold.

By Default, the TP insurance (tied to vehicle) is transferred to new owner but without NCB in OD cover. The catch is once the buyer gets the new RC or applies RC transfer, he has to apply for Insurance name transfer endorsement and pay the NCB price difference on OD cover.

However now many are selling the car to used car dealers or online aggregators by signing blank Form 29/30 (without a buyer) and want to get the NCB certificate and hence they are providing NCB certificate with delivery note as proof. This is easy when both your old and new car insurance is with same service provider. Else, Insurance companies need to send the hard copy certificate acknowledging the sale and send it to you or other insurance copy which they are not willing (losing their business).

On the cancellation, the agent you talked to is partially correct. The car has to be insured THIRD PARTY ONLY as per law. Unfortunately since we have comprehensive package policy, they cannot cancel only the Own Damage portion.

So when you sell the car, I was advised to get a Third Party Only policy (from anyone as rates are same by law) and then cancel the comprehensive package with RS and get NCB certificate with partial refund based on the duration remaining.

My guess in ajmat's case is, the new RC itself has come but buyer may not have applied for insurance name transfer and hence for Insurance company at least OD is still in ajmat's name with applicable NCB. Without insurance name transfer, Insurance company will lose the NCB discount money as it cannot recover it from the buyer.

I got to know this from an RS agent when I was exploring to sell my old car and buy a new car. Eventually I decided against selling the car and did not pursue.
thanixravindran is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 08:53   #11
BHPian

My replacement car is also with Sundram - am awaiting the updated RC card due anytime. The insurance is due end April.[/quote]

I too had issues with getting my NCB certificate from Bajaj Allianz recently and sending an email to complaints@irdai.gov.in helped me get the certificate pretty quickly. I would suggest you to do the same.

All the best!
Stranger2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 09:20   #12
Team-BHP Support

Are they asking for a court affidavit kind of thing? Can they be requested to share a sample of what they want?
Old 25th February 2022, 09:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I submitted this to the RTO.
Isn't Form 28/29 easy to reproduce ? It just needs a few signatures (and no kind of RTO endorsement) and you can easily silence their arguments.
Old 25th February 2022, 10:18   #14
BHPian

I faced similar issue when I purchased my Compass. The existing insurer was BharatiAxa, initially they asked for new RC copy and RTA receipt to transfer policy to my name and extra 2k as previous owner had NCB discount. They then immediately transferred the insurance to my name. These intellectual people only transferred OD on my name, third party was still on old owner name.

I did not notice this, during the renewal time I decided to go with Acko insurance because I got best quote. Acko then pointed out that TP is not on my name and they cannot issue fresh TP again because the vehicle already had it. Upon contacting BharatiAxa they asked me to send sale deed, sale receipt, and 1st owner NOC

• Why was these documents not asked initially?
  • The 1st owner migrated to Australia, how can I get these documents now?
  • What if I met with an accident during that time? BharatiAxa would have declined my claim stating TP is not on my name.

Upon escalating for 2 weeks, finally I gave up and luckily was able to track the owner by contacting his family in India. They gave me his Australian number, the owner then scanned all requested documents and shared via email.

For a period of 1 month I had OD and Zero depreciation on my name and TP on first owners name. Every time I used the vehicle, I prayed not get in to accident as this was constantly bugging me in back of my mind.

Silver lining was BharatiAxa agreed they made mistake initially and I got that in recording. I threatened them that I will escalate to IRDA as I got this recording, and instructed them to transfer TP on my name within 4 hours. I got new policy within 1 hour
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 10:26   #15
BHPian

When we sold our Dzire 2010 to Tata, ICICI Lombard asked for a delivery note. The reason being insurance had not lapsed, I guess. I think that's the caveat.

This is what Tata dealer issued.

Royal Sundaram's utterly stupid customer service process-img20191224wa0002.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks