Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2023, 18:04   #1
BHPian

Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components

I am going to get delivery of Hycross soon. The sales guy is saying that it's Toyota Protect insurance only which covers the hybrid battery and related components and no other insurance covers it [He is willing to give this in writing]. Can you guys tell me if this is true or not?
mathlesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
I am going to get delivery of Hycross soon. The sales guy is saying that it's Toyota Protect insurance only which covers the hybrid battery and related components and no other insurance covers it [He is willing to give this in writing]. Can you guys tell me if this is true or not?
As far as I understand, battery has a 8 yer warranty from Toyota. At the tine of buying I too tried a no. Of permutation and combination, bajaj allainz was costing me half yet went ahead with Toyota protect for first year. Actually it is my most expensive vehicle till date so did not want to take any chance.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:31   #3
BHPian

Getting delivery of our ZX this week. Originally we had booked ZXO in Attitude Black color, in November 2022, but we're taking the Sparkling Black in ZX as ZXO isn't available and we're tired of waiting.

Couple of questions.

1) Can anyone who's fitted the roof rails post a picture if you have it? I want to fit it but not quite sure as it kind of looks cheesy.

2) They're offering 12 lakhs for our old Innova (2015 ZX, but not Crysta as we bought it right before the launch) as trade-in value. Is that good value? It has around 65k kms and no major accidents or issues.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th July 2023, 20:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
As far as I understand, battery has a 8 yer warranty from Toyota. At the tine of buying I too tried a no. Of permutation and combination, bajaj allainz was costing me half yet went ahead with Toyota protect for first year. Actually it is my most expensive vehicle till date so did not want to take any chance.
Hi Abhijeet,

Is it possible to share what addons etc are included in your policy[Possible share pdf without PII data]? Sales guy quoting 141692 for my insurance.
Old 20th July 2023, 20:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhijeet,

Is it possible to share what addons etc are included in your policy[Possible share pdf without PII data]? Sales guy quoting 141692 for my insurance.
Will look for it and share. I took it in April,i paid 1.28 for my vx in Noida u.p. tried looking for policy. It's not at home maybe in car. Will upload later. Found this price list if it is of any help
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components-16898658347918737699624301352403.jpg  

Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 21:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
If he's willing to put that in writing, then it's probably true, right?
The insurance works differently from the 8-year warranty Toyota provides. In the event of an accident where the battery gets damaged, it will be covered by the insurance and not the warranty.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 21:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Agent who is offering me TATA AIG insurance for appox 78000/- confirmed with me that battery is covered. But clear wording on battery cover is nowhere mentioned in the quotation. He said it's not required as in fact whatever comes factory fitted is always covered under insurance, that's what he said. This is for ZXO. Also only 2 accidental claims allowed in the year.
My initial quote for Toyota protect was 171000/- which is now reduced after discount to 123000/- with unlimited number of claims with battery cover clearly mentioned. I am going ahead with it.
dineshnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 22:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
Agent who is offering me TATA AIG insurance for appox 78000/- confirmed with me that battery is covered. But clear wording on battery cover is nowhere mentioned in the quotation. He said it's not required as in fact whatever comes factory fitted is always covered under insurance, that's what he said. This is for ZXO. Also only 2 accidental claims allowed in the year.
My initial quote for Toyota protect was 171000/- which is now reduced after discount to 123000/- with unlimited number of claims with battery cover clearly mentioned. I am going ahead with it.
Thanks. Can you please let me know the addons you got added at this price?
Old 20th July 2023, 22:55   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can you please let me know the addons you got added at this price?
Zero dep/RTI/Engine & gear protect/Key protect/Tyre & Alloy/Personal belongings/Inconvenience allowance/Battery cover etc
dineshnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 10:05   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Zero dep/RTI/Engine & gear protect/Key protect/Tyre & Alloy/Personal belongings/Inconvenience allowance/Battery cover etc
Thanks, Dinesh. I am trying to negotiate on insurance but Toyota guy is saying that IDV etc might be different and hence the cost is different. Is it possible to share a copy of the insurance so that I can negotiate better? Please mask name, chases number, engine number etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2023, 10:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Dinesh. I am trying to negotiate on insurance but Toyota guy is saying that IDV etc might be different and hence the cost is different. Is it possible to share a copy of the insurance so that I can negotiate better? Please mask name, chases number, engine number etc.

Thanks in advance.
Let me try to attach the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components-insurance-toyota.jpg  

dineshnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 10:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Let me try to attach the file.
Thanks, Dinesh. I assume this is an Excel sheet worked with Toyota. Sorry to ask whoever if possible share the insurance copy which you received from the showroom or insurance company
Old 22nd July 2023, 07:03   #13
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components

Toyota Innova Hycross: Dealer claims only Toyota Protect insurance covers hybrid battery - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 08:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Will look for it and share. I took it in April,i paid 1.28 for my vx in Noida u.p. tried looking for policy. It's not at home maybe in car. Will upload later. Found this price list if it is of any help
Here is my policy for your reference
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components-screenshot_2023072207570002_9515eed95ee72b7635bf2fb1017e37cd.jpg  

Abhijeetsinha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 08:54   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components

He's a liar trying to make a quick buck. By law, if you opt for 'comprehensive insurance', it will cover everything in your vehicle. Unless the insurance policy explicitly mentions an exclusion of hybrid battery.

Expensive powertrain batteries are becoming increasingly common in India, thanks to Maruti-Toyota hybrids & Electric Vehicles. No insurer who wants to remain in business can exclude these.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks