Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2023, 14:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
He's a liar trying to make a quick buck. By law, if you opt for 'comprehensive insurance', it will cover everything in your vehicle. Unless the insurance policy explicitly mentions an exclusion of hybrid battery.

Expensive powertrain batteries are becoming increasingly common in India, thanks to Maruti-Toyota hybrids & Electric Vehicles. No insurer who wants to remain in business can exclude these.
Hi GTO… I talk to policy bazar guys and they said the their policy will cover 50% for battery even if it is comprehensive insurance with zero depreciation where as Toyota policy specify battery as addon.
mathlesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 14:22   #17
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Here is my policy for your reference
Thanks Abhijeet. I got delivery of Hycross ZX(O) yesterday later night and decided to go for Toyota protect from Bajaj for peace of mind which costed me around 138000. Sales guys was not giving me any discount on whatever quote was shown form their system.
Old 22nd July 2023, 18:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota dealership claims only Toyota Protect Insurance covers hybrid battery & hybrid components

Looks like Toyota and insurance companies are still washing dirty linen on claims and coverage for the Hycross.

Remember this thread? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-tata-aig.html (Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with Tata-AIG)

When I was enquiring for the Hycross, I was told by the SA that he strongly recommends getting the Toyota Protect policy (essentially a regular policy from the usual insurance providers but with the Toyota logo) so that claims on Hybrid tech will be smoother. He mentioned how Hybrid is very complex etc etc. (typical sales talk) and hence, in-house coverage will always no-questions-asked.

Most ASCs these days don't honour cashless claims if the policy is not dealer-issued.
Old 22nd July 2023, 22:10   #19
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
In the event of an accident where the battery gets damaged, it will be covered by the insurance and not the warranty.
That sounds odd. Incase of an accident, insurance pays for the damages to the car of which the hybrid battery is a part. I don’t think insurance can wash off hands just like that. In any case, none of this sort was mentioned by the dealers here in Mumbai when we bought our hybrid in December’20. We’ve already had two renewals by now and no, we didn’t opt for Toyota protect at the time of purchase.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2023, 06:36   #20
BHPian

Same trick being tried by MG dealers for the ZS EV. There is no way battery is not covered unless it's explicitly mentioned in the policy document.

I went with Acko after confirming with them about battery coverage. Recommend folks do the same and get confirmation from your preferred insurer and not getting ripped off by the dealer.
Old 24th July 2023, 13:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
That sounds odd. Incase of an accident, insurance pays for the damages to the car of which the hybrid battery is a part. I don’t think insurance can wash off hands just like that. In any case, none of this sort was mentioned by the dealers here in Mumbai when we bought our hybrid in December’20. We’ve already had two renewals by now and no, we didn’t opt for Toyota protect at the time of purchase.

Cheers
I suppose they could argue about the battery being a consumable item subject to wear such as tyres, engine oil etc and try to weasel their way out of paying the full replacement cost. Not sure how it would work if it is a 0 dep policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Looks like Toyota and insurance companies are still washing dirty linen on claims and coverage for the Hycross.

Most ASCs these days don't honour cashless claims if the policy is not dealer-issued.
Yeah, I was subject to the same spiel when I bought our Hycross. Is there any legal reason they can't accept cashless claims from non-dealership issued policies or is it just extortion tactics?

I don't think it's an insurance company limitation. About 5-6 years ago when my i20 was damaged by a classmate, his father managed to get cashless claim processed by the local hyundai dealership because he knew the manager there. This was despite me having a normal New India Assurance policy with no dealership tie-ups. He only paid the balance amount since it was a non-zero dep policy.
Old 24th July 2023, 15:23   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I suppose they could argue about the battery being a consumable item subject to wear such as tyres, engine oil etc and try to weasel their way out of paying the full replacement cost. Not sure how it would work if it is a 0 dep policy.
I'm contemplating a scenario where someone supposedly has a collision (god forbid) with the hybrid vehicle in question & the battery pack itself gets affected (which typically is under the rear seat or the floorpan). In such a scenario, the hybrid battery pack will need to be replaced (if affected). We definitely opt for 0 dep cover for such expensive & complex vehicles

Although you bring an interesting point of battery being a consumable, I think in the case of Toyota hybrids, I would think they're a part of the operating system & hence can't be treated separately like an accessory. Atleast, this is what I would like to think

Cheers
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 14:38   #23
BANNED

Hi all, for those who have got battery cover in their policy for Hycross / Hyryder can you share the policy wording for the 'Battery' cover provided?

Is it provided by Toyota or the insurer I checked Bajaj Allianz website there is no 'Battery' cover add-on based on one of the members sharing the details?
Old 8th January 2024, 19:09   #24
BHPian

It's time to renew my Hycross Hybrid insurance and I'm super confused as to which one to pick.

I've recieved a few quotes but none seems to cover the battery explitcitly. Unless it's covered by default because it's part of the car.

The original policy has a section called "add-on covers opted in the policy" and has 'battery' listed in it as one of the add-on covers.

Should I ask thee agents to send me a revised quote which includes battery add-on cover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks