Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 10:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

I have one query: -

Is color change on car is compulsory to endorsed? I was warned by RTO yesterday for my 1963 Fiat. The RC book color is blue but I have changed it to Red and White.

I got passing done from Mumbai - Worli RTO last year and that time also I had the same R&W color which was well noticed by RTO officer.

I checked with some motor training guy he quoted me Rs. 2000/- for the endorsement of RC book.

Can any one help me in this matter?
Old 9th March 2010, 11:07   #92
BHPian

NOC removal from RC book!!!

Hi,

How much would it cost to remove NOC from RC book?

actually, we applied for NOC thinking that the car would be used in Hyderabad rather than in Bangalore.
So, we applied for NOC and got all the documents in Sept'09, but we never submitted them in Hyderabad RTO. Neither the car was used, nor we paid any taxes.

Now, we wanted the car to be back in Bangalore, person who helped us is asking 3k now to get it removed. He quotes that we need to submit a proof that the car was not used in Hyderabad and the reason why we wanted to bring it back?

Is it true and the amount reasonable?
Old 26th March 2010, 11:27   #93
Senior - BHPian

Just got my hypothecation terminated from Rajajinagar RTO. It took barely 15 minutes. You need to give a self-addressed envelope along with documents (available in store nearby) costing 25 rupees with stamps. Store guy charged 35 including the envelope.
Pay fees in counter 9 and submit to counter 3/4. They have pasted details for everything on the wall.
Should get the RC book back within a week. Total cost Rs 135.

Last edited by srishiva : 26th March 2010 at 11:28.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:21   #94
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samartz View Post
I again thank TBhpians for all the information they have shared and hope that this information will help someone in doing their bit of work.
Thanks very much for your post. My car is registered with this same RTO and your info will be helpful when I go to get the hypothication removed next month.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 29th March 2010, 19:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

regarding ECS (autodebit)

I read through this topic but couldn't find one aspect discussed, have a question about that.

When we apply for foreclosing in ICICI and wait for the NOC, will the ECS (autodebit) be stopped from their end? Or do we need to take any step for that? What if the foreclosing date is quite close to the ECS date? Any formality/precaution for that?

In fact my friend says, about six years back when he went to preclose his bike loan, they told him not to leave any amount in the account just to make sure the ECS doesn't happen. Is this normal?

Please let me know . This is an important aspect for me, as I am going to preclose my loan and buy another car (Figo) asap. But if this is a danger area, then I need to wait for another month, see whether there is any ECS happening, and then only go for the next car purchase.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:17   #96
BHPian

Multi City Sequence

Hi

Need input on the sequence to follow:

Loan on my innova is fully paid off.
In between the loan start and end dates we moved from Delhi to Mumbai

ICICI will mail me the NOC to my correspondence address in Mumbai.

Now if I follow the sequence:

1> I have to take Form 35 and The RC and get the car from the banks name to my name and I assume I will be fine from a Delhi point of view.

2> My next step is to register the car in Mumbai
So I need to get a NOC from Delhi and register the car in Mumbai. (It is more than 3 years old so octroi will be less)

Hence 2 related but unrelated questions:

1> Assuming I get the RC to Delhi, does the RTO in Delhi give the RC back the same day or do they mail it to my Delhi address (which in this case is now non existent so how do I deal with it)

2> Is there anyway to short circuit this 2 step process in the Delhi/Mumbai transfer.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:58   #97
BHPian

Been to Indiranagar RTO to cancel hypothecation. Experience in doing so was not great. As usual it is chaos at all counters.

1. I was guided by a person standing in the queue to pay up the HP cancelation charges ( 100Rs) first and then come back and join the queue.

2. I stood in the queue for 15-20 minutes and when my turn came I was told that I should also apply for Smart card. But as my car details is not available in the system, I have to go back to where I came from and get it entered in the computer

3. now I go back and join the queue. A superintendent inspected my documents and marked the fees I need to pay and guided me to a counter for data entry where there was just a computer and no operator. he also wanted me to get a self addressed envelope for sending back the smart card

4. Inquired in the next counter and the lady pointed me to another counter where a young lady was sitting with 2 queues - one inside ( presumably the agents ) and one outside (genral public and those agents who are yet to get into good books of officials ). Joined this queue and waited for my turn. Data entry was completed in about 30 minutes

5. Go back and join the queue to pay the fee. Paid the fee of Rs. 300 ( 100 for HP termination and 200 for smart card ). another 15-20 minutes

6. bought an envelope with 25Rs stamp attached on it for 40Rs from a stationary shop below the RTO and goes back to join the queue to submit the documents

7. My bad I had not pinned the documents together. the official did it himself after a minor disgruntled murmur and forwarded me to the next counter

8. Here the person collects the document, gives an acknowledgment on a piece of paper with RTO seal and a number. I am supposed to wait for 15 days before the smarter RC reaches me by speed post

The whole process took about 2 hours of my time. Nevertheless a satisfying experience as it went through without much hassle. I was not prepared for the SMART card thing. Has anyone recently done HP termination in Indiranagar RTO? Did you have to convert your paper RC to smart card?

-tortoise

Last edited by tortoise : 26th May 2010 at 14:02.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
6. bought an envelope with 25Rs stamp attached on it for 40Rs from a stationary shop below the RTO and goes back to join the queue to submit the documents
There is a post office right on the ground floor, below the RTO.

Quote:
Has anyone recently done HP termination in Indiranagar RTO? Did you have to convert your paper RC to smart card?
I recently got HP termination done at Rajajinagar RTO. Mine is an RC book. They did not mention anything about smart card RC. Now I would have to take the RC book to Indiranagar RTO as my current address falls under their jurisdiction.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:19   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

Now I would have to take the RC book to Indiranagar RTO as my current address falls under their jurisdiction.
I have given my office address in the RC. whereas the envelope bears my residential address. hope that is not an issue with RTO
Old 26th May 2010, 16:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have given my office address in the RC. whereas the envelope bears my residential address. hope that is not an issue with RTO
I think it will be an issue. I am almost 100% sure that they will not send the RC book via courier if the address do not match the one in their records.

If there are minor changes in the address (like some street name added in between, or house number changed etc), then it should not be a problem. Otherwise, the file will be withheld.

In my case, the car was registered in Rajajinagar RTO. Address on the envelope was different. When I applied for HPT, they did not tell me anything. After waiting for 2 weeks for the courier, I went to Rajajinagar RTO again. It took some time for them to trace my file. Once traced, we found that one official had written the address incompatibility issue.

Initially they told me to apply for address change (form 33) with substantiating documents. I did that. Then they realized that the new address falls under a different RTO (Indiranagar). Then I submitted an application in plain paper to issue clearance from Rajajinagar RTO along with HPT.

I got my RC book via courier after 3 days. It had HP termination as well as clearance from Rajajinagar RTO. Along with RC, there was an endorsement letter asking the RC to be produced at Indiranagar RTO.

This whole procedure took me 3 visits to Rajajinagar RTO. The staff there were helpful though not very friendly.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:24   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think it will be an issue. I am almost 100% sure that they will not send the RC book via courier if the address do not match the one in their records.

If there are minor changes in the address (like some street name added in between, or house number changed etc), then it should not be a problem. Otherwise, the file will be withheld.
In My case where I had applied for termination of Hypothecation for my relative's 4 wheeler at Koramangala RTO, I had given my address (different from the actual owner's address in the RC) and It reached via speedpost on time.

Address on the envelope was mentioned with the owner's name with a C/o below which was my name and address.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th May 2010 at 17:25.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:58   #102
BHPian

I have a Query,

I closed my ICICI Car Loan by paying the last EMI in Dec 09, also the NOC letter was delivered by Mid-Feb, however, I did not get my 5 Cheques that I had given to ICICI at the time of availing this loan,

I called up the ICICI customer care and they said that they cannot use them as they have issued NOC which means that the loan is closed and also told me that they have destroyed all the 5 cheques.

I understand that receiving NOC means that the loan is succesfully closed, but I am a bit worried about the cheques although I know that it is an offence on their part to use those cheques once my loan is cleared, but I really dont want to get into any of those hassles.

What should I do now?
Old 14th June 2010, 12:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Been to Indiranagar RTO to cancel hypothecation. Experience in doing so was not great. As usual it is chaos at all counters.
I am supposed to wait for 15 days before the smarter RC reaches me by speed post
Did you get the RC smart card from Indiranagar RTO? How long did it take to get the courier?

I am going to Indiranagar RTO this week to get the address changed (as part of the clearance from the other RTO). I was told that along with address change, I should also apply for the smart card. Wondering how long is it going to take to get the RC back.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:28   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the RC smart card from Indiranagar RTO? How long did it take to get the courier?
sorry! was not visiting t-bhp due to work load. Yes, i received it in second week. It took about 14 working days. they just sent me the smart card. They did not send me the cancelled RC book.

-tortoise
Old 1st July 2010, 13:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

^ I too just foreclosed my loan in ICICI. During foreclosure they mention in terms & conditions that if we need the 5 cheques, we need to do some specific procedure for that. Otherwise they will destroy the cheques and we wont get intimation for that. I didnt do that procedure. I got my NOC and sold my car also.

I thinkno need to worry. It is a regular procedure for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks