Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 13:29   #481
BHPian

Help to Cancel Loan

Hi Guys,

I had booked a car with RNS motors, bangalore, 2 months back and not yet heard anything positive from them so far, other than pushing me to go for another variant. At this point they dont have any clue when the car can be delivered!.

My loan had already approved from HDFC and had been transferred to Dealer a month back, also first month EMI has already been paid.

Now if I choose to Cancel the booking and go for another brand like fiat punto\indica vista, whether this loan can be transferred? if so whats the procedure?

Thanks
Raj
Old 12th October 2009, 09:26   #482
Senior - BHPian

Please Help - Lost Car insurance Documents

Hi, I brought my new Car this August. I got my original Car insurance couriered to my house by sometime in September (10th or so). Now to my horror, i find it missing. I kept it in my car, i remember that very well. However, after thoroughly searching my car, House, i still couldn't find it.

Assuming that i lost it, what is the procedure to get another copy ?. How do i proceed. Please Help me. Really at my back of my head at all the time, please guide me in this processes

Last edited by Mi10 : 12th October 2009 at 09:27. Reason: typo
Old 12th October 2009, 09:44   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Hi, I brought my new Car this August. I got my original Car insurance couriered to my house by sometime in September (10th or so). Now to my horror, i find it missing. I kept it in my car, i remember that very well. However, after thoroughly searching my car, House, i still couldn't find it.

Assuming that i lost it, what is the procedure to get another copy ?. How do i proceed. Please Help me. Really at my back of my head at all the time, please guide me in this processes
Very simple,

Go to the branch from which you have taken the insurance and give them a simple letter they will issue a duplicate policy copy.

Don't panic take it easy.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:23   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
As far as I know there are three insurance company currently offering this type of plan: -

1. Tata Aig
2. Cholamandalam
3. Bajaj
Thanks guys. I called T-Aig and found out that I was getting a policy cheaper than what the dealer had given. I also saw that it is a good policy with Zero depr. plus a few other benefits. The dealer then dropped his rates further but not so with Aig, so I went with the dealer. The other firms might also start offering this soon I guess.
Also transferred 35% NCB from my old car that was sold last year. Net Net, my premium was down 15k from what the dealer quoted.
Old 13th October 2009, 08:36   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post
Net Net, my premium was down 15k from what the dealer quoted.
Wow this is cool, savings of Rs. 15000/-

Great!!!
I am happy for you.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:43   #486
BHPian

Just an update, Chola Mandalam guy did call up after 10 days of my leaving my number with them. I do not speak or understand Malayalam, and this guy was conversant only in Malayalam. So it was a no go thing . I asked him to give phone to someone who understood English, if not Hindi. He promptly cut the phone. No communication after that till date. So I guess rjvora, you were right about these guys having a slack follow up department.
Old 14th October 2009, 08:52   #487
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha

Insurance company's job is just not over after launching the product. IT has to backup the product. Otherwise we have a option of TATA and now Bajaj too.

"Feel's sorry for chola"
Old 14th October 2009, 21:58   #488

Hi, i am new to this insurance business.
i am buying a new ford fiesta in bangalore. and just want to the insurance process and which is the best way to get it.
presetly the delear itself is getting an insurance from either bajaja alianz or tata AIG.
and the pricing is as below, ex Showroom of vehicle Price: Rs. 6,43,000 and isurance amount is Rs 20,928,
some of my frineds are suggesting me to go with delear as the claiming wil be easy in later stage..
Please suggest me
Old 15th October 2009, 09:40   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag20in View Post
i am buying a new ford fiesta in bangalore. and just want to the insurance process and which is the best way to get it.
presetly the delear itself is getting an insurance from either bajaja alianz or tata AIG.
and the pricing is as below, ex Showroom of vehicle Price: Rs. 6,43,000 and isurance amount is Rs 20,928,
some of my frineds are suggesting me to go with delear as the claiming wil be easy in later stage..
Please suggest me
Almost 21K for 6.43L is at higher end. Directly talk to Bajaj and ask the quote for new vehicle. You will get a better quote. Show this quote to the dealer. He will come down. Also you can try other insurance company. Claiming is not an issue even if you don't go with the dealer.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:03   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag20in View Post
Please suggest me
Hi Nag, I also had the same confusion when I booked my car at Maruti. Bank was offering quite lesser amount than the Dealer was asking for. But I got the information from various sources that, its always good to go with Dealer, since there will be some benefits such as cash less claim and prompt looking into the matter. Otherwise someone has to come from insurance firm and evaluate the vehicle seems.

Also the way external firm calculate the insurance amount varies, and depends upon that valuation the benfit we get upon claim also differs - this is what Dealer told me, not sure how much truth in it.
Old 15th October 2009, 14:42   #491

Hi,
Even some of my friends said the same, but waht i am learning here is we can bargain from the deler on the insurance amount, so my plan is to take quote from the bajaj directly and bargain with the delear and reduce the price... suggestions from seniors are more than welcome..
thanks in advance
Old 15th October 2009, 16:44   #492
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some advice here. Booked a punto in B'lore from concorde motors in dairy circle and the 1st yr insurance is coming free with it.

My options are Royal Sundaram, icici lombard and national insurance. Which one is preferable ? I'm looking at ease of claim settlement and hassle free service.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:34   #493
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Been with Royal Sundaram for 2 years now (Maruti Insurance). Made a couple claims last year. Cashless. The insurance part was hassle free. Compared to the other 2, RS seems to be the best option.
Old 16th October 2009, 13:57   #494
Senior - BHPian

2000 Lancer petrol, insurance expired last week(car is off road due to painting). Last insurer was national insurance, comprehensive. Should i have the same one renued or go for a different provider? Also how advisibe is to go for a 3rd party? I heard Tata has some 0% depriciation insurance, is that one good? Reviews please.

Pramod
Old 17th October 2009, 13:55   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
2000 Lancer petrol, insurance expired last week(car is off road due to painting). Last insurer was national insurance, comprehensive. Should i have the same one renued or go for a different provider? Also how advisibe is to go for a 3rd party? I heard Tata has some 0% depriciation insurance, is that one good? Reviews please.

Pramod
Pramod,

Your car is a 2000 model one. If you discontinue the Comprehensive Ins now, you won't be able to get it again for the same car.

To change the company also you would find it difficult. Likely you can not get a 0% policy for your 2000 model car. May be you can try if you have a full NCB.

Best keep it with National.

All The Best & Happy Diwali

Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks