Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 09:58   #451
BHPian

Hello,

RC book is on my name. recently TO was done

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Do you have any other proof of sale, if yes that will also help you. Eg. Cheque or D.D. copy or delivery note.

RC book has now which name?
Old 25th September 2009, 11:13   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
can I claim repairs on the car after my insurance is renewed in mid-december. In that case, I can still leverage my no-claim bonus right for my new car, renew my insurance in december and then get repairs done on my older car?

Thanks
Hello Rupeshji - sorry for the typo about your name.
Here is what I am thinking

New Car: Use the NCB to reduce my premium.
Old Car: Do not perform any repairs until the policy is renewed, which is in mid-December 2009.
Mid Dec: Renew Policy for old car. Do not use NCB towards old car since I have already used it on new car.
Late Dec: Put in car for repairs. I am assuming its IDV will still hold good to about 1.5 lacs or so (currently it is 1.75lacs).

Is this possible? Again, the intent is not to cheat but maximize the bang for the buck :-)

Let me know
Old 25th September 2009, 13:35   #453
BHPian

Hi Rupeshji,

Great thread! I had a question regarding the NCB transfer. My Dad is planning to change his car from a 1200 CC FIAT UNO to a 2000CC Optra Magnum. I got an insurance quote from Bajaj Allianz, the insurance agent told me since the CC of the vehicle is changing you can not take advantage of the NCB. Is it true?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:59   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the king words. What is KUDOS?

Answering your query: -

2. There is no difference other then your IDV is high in the second quote.

4. Yes, you can surrender this policy and get the refund and go for new policy.
KUDOS

2 - Agree, but with that IDV + Added Accesories and yet the net premia is lower. While in the quote given by the dealer with lesser IDV + accesories the premium is higher by almost 3K.

4 - Just to reconfirm. I can surrender my current 4 wheeler policy ( around 10 days old) and ask and get a refund (full or partial) ??? I was told that this was not possible.

Thanks once again for clarifying.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:09   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npraneethreddy View Post
Hello,

RC book is on my name. recently TO was done
Don't you have any other sale proof? as one proof of sale is must as far as my knowledge goes.

Which is the insurance company? If it is a Pvt. company then you can request them by writing a letter to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Hello Rupeshji - sorry for the typo about your name.
Here is what I am thinking

New Car: Use the NCB to reduce my premium.
Old Car: Do not perform any repairs until the policy is renewed, which is in mid-December 2009.
Mid Dec: Renew Policy for old car. Do not use NCB towards old car since I have already used it on new car.
Late Dec: Put in car for repairs. I am assuming its IDV will still hold good to about 1.5 lacs or so (currently it is 1.75lacs).

Is this possible? Again, the intent is not to cheat but maximize the bang for the buck :-)

Let me know
I can give you my cell no. can we talk on phone?

I think you can do this but still I want to make thing's clear so that you don't suffer any loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Hi Rupeshji,

Great thread! I had a question regarding the NCB transfer. My Dad is planning to change his car from a 1200 CC FIAT UNO to a 2000CC Optra Magnum. I got an insurance quote from Bajaj Allianz, the insurance agent told me since the CC of the vehicle is changing you can not take advantage of the NCB. Is it true?

Thanks in advance for your response.
NCB transfer is noting to do with CC of the car. You can transfer the NCB from Maruti 800 to Merc. also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
KUDOS

2 - Agree, but with that IDV + Added Accesories and yet the net premia is lower. While in the quote given by the dealer with lesser IDV + accesories the premium is higher by almost 3K.

4 - Just to reconfirm. I can surrender my current 4 wheeler policy ( around 10 days old) and ask and get a refund (full or partial) ??? I was told that this was not possible.

Thanks once again for clarifying.
Thank you very much for the knowledge on KUDOS.

2 - There can be a difference of discount if every thing else is same.
4 - Full refund for first 15 day's.

After 15 day's you can get the refund on pro-rate basis. (Your premium will be divided in 365 day's and only that much premium will be deducted for which you have used the insurance for. - In short you will not loos anything.)

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 25th September 2009 at 16:16.
Old 26th September 2009, 11:01   #456
BHPian

query to the experts here

i have a santro xing erlx 2005 model which was under 3 yr company car lease plan (from nov 2005 to nov 2008). All this while the car was insured with national insurance and everything was handled by office people (i just gave the cheque every year). However last year just before the company lease ended, my office admin team, renewed my insurance and I was asked to give a cheque for the necessary amount. As this cycle was november to november, I was under the impression the car is insured till nov 2009, however i recently checked the papers and it seems they only renewed till jun 2009 (??) and now my car has no insurance

I gave my info online to bajaj allianz few days back and they called me promptly with a quote of 5363/- stating value of vehicle is now 2lacs. They have not asked for any inspection and I am not sure if they have considered the fact that I have not made any claims so far (i dont have any ncb cert from nic - not sure how to get it)
I was in my hometown (pune) last week and enquired with NIC official and they said they can only renew - however if insurance has lapsed then they need to do a proper inspection and that can only be done in bangalore. So now I am trying to figure out a way to get this done in NIC bangalore.
Any inputs on how to proceed would be nice -
1) should i just walk into local NIC district office near my house or do i need to goto NIC regional office for bangalore for the inspection and formalities
2) is it best to go through some agent or should i just walk in to their office
3) how do i ensure they take care of my ncb
4) what are they looking for in this 'inspection' - i have a few dents and scratches and some regular tbhpian mods (ffe and K&N) - will that impact their valuation
5) howcome bajaj is ready to do this without any inspection - will they screw me later with this not inspected clause if i claim someday
6) is it best to stick to nic - is it normal for them to not remind people of when insurance is going to expire
7) is there a lifetime insurance so that i dont have to worry about annual renewal - because i am lazy and forget to renew
Old 26th September 2009, 11:07   #457
Senior - BHPian

Dear every one,

Cholamandalam General Insurance

Cholamandalam has a new motor product details available on there website.

Happy Insuring.
Old 26th September 2009, 11:27   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
1) should i just walk into local NIC district office near my house or do i need to goto NIC regional office for bangalore for the inspection and formalities
2) is it best to go through some agent or should i just walk in to their office
3) how do i ensure they take care of my ncb
4) what are they looking for in this 'inspection' - i have a few dents and scratches and some regular tbhpian mods (ffe and K&N) - will that impact their valuation
5) howcome bajaj is ready to do this without any inspection - will they screw me later with this not inspected clause if i claim someday
6) is it best to stick to nic - is it normal for them to not remind people of when insurance is going to expire
7) is there a lifetime insurance so that i dont have to worry about annual renewal - because i am lazy and forget to renew
1. Local branch near your place can help you in your case.
2. I always advice that GOOD Agent can help you in all the paperwork and communication with insurance company.
3. Ask for a written quote where in the calculation is given in detail.
4. Inspection will not impact the value. It's better for you however your miner dent's will be noted by them and claim will not be payable for the same.
5. I also think inspection is must. How bajaj can not do the same? - Please recheck with them again.
6. I am not in favor of any gov. company, with always a single reason, "SERVICE" like this.
7. If insurance company need's the business they have to remind the clients. - This is must (These are my thoughts)
Old 27th September 2009, 16:48   #459
BHPian

Quote:

I can give you my cell no. can we talk on phone?

I think you can do this but still I want to make thing's clear so that you don't suffer any loss.

Hello Rupeshji

Can you pm me your number. I tried to PM you but could not send a message since you have chosen not to receive pms.

Thanks
Old 27th September 2009, 18:22   #460
BHPian

Rupeshji

I went through Chola Mandalam web site via link provided by you. The 360 plan does sound very promising and I have asked them for a quote. My doubt, as I am not at all versed with how much can you trust an insurance company, is Chola Mandalam trustworthy? Can you comment on their track record? Thanks for your time.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:18   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Can you comment on their track record?
Last year Chola was the only company with double digit growth, this means that they are growing, and growing strong. As I stay in Mumbai in last 3 year's they have opened up more then 5 branch office (May be 7 I am not very sure.) There motor insurance cash less is working good.

Dealing with insurance company is very personalize matter, you can have both side of coin. Some have good experience and some have bad too. Believe me I RATE ALL THE PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY GOOD MARK'S (expect Icici and Reliance) as none of them are here to trouble there customer's.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 28th September 2009 at 10:19.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:27   #462
BHPian

Thanks rupesh ji. My mail was replied by an automatic reply from Chola. Waiting for their quotes and will take a final call after that.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:45   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Thanks rupesh ji. My mail was replied by an automatic reply from Chola. Waiting for their quotes and will take a final call after that.
I hope that come's on time.

"I have noted one thing that there IT is not very good." - My thoughts.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:48   #464

I'm buying a new car and need some guidance on pruchasing a zero depreciation insurance policy
I've been offered a policy from TATA AIG (Pearl plan) & another one from Cholamandalam (360 protect)
I dont really care much for the freebies like towing/daily allowance etc

What I am interested in is a policy which will give honour the 100% claim in case of damage to headlight/tail light/ side mirrors etc

Does anyone have any experience about TATA AIG Pearl Plan?
Old 30th September 2009, 12:26   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
I'm buying a new car and need some guidance on pruchasing a zero depreciation insurance policy
I've been offered a policy from TATA AIG (Pearl plan) & another one from Cholamandalam (360 protect)
I dont really care much for the freebies like towing/daily allowance etc

What I am interested in is a policy which will give honour the 100% claim in case of damage to headlight/tail light/ side mirrors etc

Does anyone have any experience about TATA AIG Pearl Plan?
Not sure how Tata is working on there plan's but Chola's plan sound's really good to me but, at the same time I am also not sure about claim's. As this is a new product and no claim's experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks