Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 20:24   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
rjvora,
I have a question about using NCB. I am waiting for my new car delivery which will happen in next couple of weeks. I plan to sell my existing car only after I get my new car. May be it will take more time depending on a good deal I can make. When I sell my old car, I can get the NCB but I would have taken insurance for my new car already. Can I use the NCB of old car against new car policy in next year when I renew policy ? Suppose I have the maximum of NCB accrued, I can get that much discount when I use it against my new car policy renewal ? Hope my question is clear.
Similar query of mine answered below : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1788036
Old 25th March 2010, 12:16   #1097
BHPian

Does it matter who is at fault for the claim/accident?

I've always heard that if you are not at fault then you are not penalized but not sure how true that is.

In many other countries if the other car/person is at fault you claim againt their insurance and that is why it is mandatory to have at least liability(3rd party) insurance.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:39   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Similar query of mine answered below : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1788036
alto99, thanks a lot for pointing to the post ! This answers my question and I am happy that I can get the NCB benefit next year ! If not for T-BHP, I would have never known of the use of NCB certificate. Information is power
Old 26th March 2010, 11:24   #1099
BHPian

Hey Rupesh,

I needed one info. I have booked Ritz Zxi on 22nd of this Month. I am expecting the vehicle by April 20th or at the most by April End. I wanted to get insurance from outside and did not opt for the one provided by the dealer.
My query is should i start applying for insurance now it self or should i wait till the vehicle is dispatched? Approximately, how much does it take to get the insurance?

Please let me know.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:13   #1100
Senior - BHPian

I am Sorry for the delayed reply as I am little busy because of march end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Does it matter who is at fault for the claim/accident?
I've always heard that if you are not at fault then you are not penalized but not sure how true that is.
In many other countries if the other car/person is at fault you claim againt their insurance and that is why it is mandatory to have at least liability(3rd party) insurance.
I have discuss this issue with insurance companies and surveyors in the past and I have made my own opinion on the issue bit long but I am sure will be useful.

Insurance companies and Surveyors reply: - They say "then no one will go for OD policy every one will have a TP only policy and you will claim from others car insurance company and other will claim from your insurance company." If there are no witness to the accident then who will decide that whose fault it was? Irda and Insurance Ombudsman are working only in favor of customer so that is also affecting the profitability of insurance companies.

My opinion: - There has to be a point based system which should be available to all insurance companies. Both the car driver should get one point when there are two car's involved in the case. Higher the points should be charged extra premium and lower the points should be given discounts in the premium. As far as OD claims are concern you have to take claims from your insurance companies only. As you have been paying premium for insurance and not for saving NCB. NCB is just a add on benefit to me and nothing else. (May be since I don't own a Mercedes now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey Rupesh,
I needed one info. I have booked Ritz Zxi on 22nd of this Month. I am expecting the vehicle by April 20th or at the most by April End. I wanted to get insurance from outside and did not opt for the one provided by the dealer.
My query is should i start applying for insurance now it self or should i wait till the vehicle is dispatched? Approximately, how much does it take to get the insurance?
Please let me know.
Start early you will get benefit out of it. I am not sure on premium but ask 3 insurance company and you will get an idea of that.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:46   #1101
BHPian

Hey Rupesh,

Thanks for the info. I searched through Policy bazaar and i got 4 quotes. IDV is 456000.

1. Reliance : Rs.11725
2. Bharthi Axa: Rs.13377
3. United India Assurance and IFFCO- TOKIO : Rs.14202

The quote i got from the dealer was also around 14K. Was offered Maruti Insurance by the dealer. So still thinking. Do you have any idea about Reliance? I am yet to check with bajaj Allianz. is there any where else i can look for?

Please help.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 29th March 2010 at 12:52.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:16   #1102
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I am going to renew my policy, existing is with ICICI
When i see the quotes online from Bajaj and ICICI there is a small difference and would like to know more details
Bajaj is giving PA cover for Owner-Driver for Rs 100 which ICICI is not giving. What is this PA cover for Owner-Driver?
ICICI is also giving for Rs 25 something called as Legal Liability To Paid Driver, what is this for?
ICICI is giving PA for unnamed passenger which Bajaj is not giving- is this not by default?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:08   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
IDV is 456000.
1. Reliance : Rs.11725
2. Bharthi Axa: Rs.13377
3. United India Assurance and IFFCO- TOKIO : Rs.14202
The quote i got from the dealer was also around 14K. Was offered Maruti Insurance by the dealer. So still thinking. Do you have any idea about Reliance? I am yet to check with bajaj Allianz. is there any where else i can look for?
Stay away from Reliance as they are very bad as far as claims are concern. Check with Bajaj as they very good as far as service/claims is concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
1. Bajaj is giving PA cover for Owner-Driver for Rs 100 which ICICI is not giving. What is this PA cover for Owner-Driver?
2. ICICI is also giving for Rs 25 something called as Legal Liability To Paid Driver, what is this for?
3. ICICI is giving PA for unnamed passenger which Bajaj is not giving- is this not by default?
1. PA cover to Owner/Driver is by default if the vehicle is not registered as a company car. Premium for which is Rs. 100 for Rs. 2,00,000.

2. If there is a claim of TP then insurance company will higher a lawyer and they will spend some amount in legal expenses, which you don't need to pay if you insure your car.

3. Please read Insurance FAQ. This is a optional cover.

Change your insurance company as Icici/Reliance is known for non payment of claims.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:56   #1104
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Stay away from Reliance as they are very bad as far as claims are concern. Check with Bajaj as they very good as far as service/claims is concern.

1. PA cover to Owner/Driver is by default if the vehicle is not registered as a company car. Premium for which is Rs. 100 for Rs. 2,00,000.

2. If there is a claim of TP then insurance company will higher a lawyer and they will spend some amount in legal expenses, which you don't need to pay if you insure your car.

3. Please read Insurance FAQ. This is a optional cover.

Change your insurance company as Icici/Reliance is known for non payment of claims.
Strange- the car is company registered, still it has 1 by default
Bajaj is giving 3 by default while renewing online
The service manager told me ICICI is also ok, as they have had less problems with claims, maybe its based on region? I have been skeptical of any ICICI Prods btw.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:15   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange- the car is company registered, still it has 1 by default
Bajaj is giving 3 by default while renewing online
The service manager told me ICICI is also ok, as they have had less problems with claims, maybe its based on region? I have been skeptical of any ICICI Prods btw.
That is a driver PA you can take it if you take 4 person's Un-name PA.

If you can avoid Icici, nothing better like it.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:56   #1106
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you can avoid Icici, nothing better like it.
I second that. They are best avoided. Will save you a lot of hassles in the future.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:04   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
I have been skeptical of any ICICI Prods btw.
Other than the insurance, I think ICICI is one of the best in banking industry in India and their products match international standards. This I say out of my own experience.
PS: I might get flood of posts on personal bad experiences - for eg credit card. I'm talking about the banking platform they provide.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:45   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Other than the insurance, I think ICICI is one of the best in banking industry in India and their products match international standards. This I say out of my own experience.
PS: I might get flood of posts on personal bad experiences - for eg credit card. I'm talking about the banking platform they provide.
I disagree & I say this out of my own experience too. I am referring to their banking division here.

From all the experiences of people here with their insurance division,it's best avoided.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:01   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
I disagree & I say this out of my own experience too. I am referring to their banking division here.
From all the experiences of people here with their insurance division,it's best avoided.
+1 I am also one of the victim as far as banking is concern. I have seen lot of people/website which comment on Icici and its services in all the financial product they deal in. Like Insurance, Baking, Mutual Fund, Home Loans and Car Loans.

They are the Best Avoided.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:09   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Very poor example of how bad the IT can be of an insurance company!!

Please write an simple letter to them, asking for an explanation on the above matter, attach all the copy's of insurance policy for the previous year along with your letter. Ask them to give you an endorsement in the policy within 15 day's, after receiving your letter. Mark a C.C. to IRDA and see how fast they react to your letter.

After 7 working day's forward the same letter again if you don't receive any phone call or something on the above matter. (I think with in 3 day's they will call you and talk to you.)
Hi RjVora,

I did the same and it worked. I have got a renewal quote with 45% NCB

Thank You

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks