Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 17:14   #1246
BHPian

Guys, I have a query regarding NCB. My cousin bought a hyundai accent which has a bajaj allianz insurance. There have been no insurance claims on the car. The insurance has been transferred to my cousin's name. Now Bajaj Allianz says that, "they cannot give us the NCB for this year, because the insurance has been transferred to an other person and it cannot give ncb for first year". Please let me, if this is normal practice.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:19   #1247
BHPian

Hello,
I have booked I20 ASTA due for delivery this month end.. I am taking loan from HDFC and the loan folks are insisting on insurance from HDFC ergo in order to get 50% discount on processing fees of loan, 2K insurance premium discount and also loan rate discount to 9.75%..... I havnt heard much about this insurance and no clue on there service.. I was planning to take it up from Bajaj Alliance...
Please advice me if HDFC ergo is safe to go? Do they have tie ups with multiple dealers and service centres for hassle free claims...
Old 5th June 2010, 10:31   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

No Claim so far and I hope it stays that way

Should I not bargain for 30 - 35 % NCB and 45 % Discount ? I have heard people do that and they usually give in. Also I just got my Accent renewed and they gave me a very good deal in March. I think I did post the details here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
NCB is something which can not be bargained for. They go steep by steep. You can only bargain on the other discount, which is higher the better. Since you are driving a diesel car I don't think you will get more then 40% discount.

If you get more go for it.
Got the final quote today. As instructed by you I opted for 10% depreciation from last year so at 6 lacs last year it comes to 5.4 lacs this year.

At 5.4 lacs vehicle IDV. They are offering me 25 % NCB & 40 % Discount. Total premium owed to them comes to about 9700 rs which includes PA for 5 people also.

Will give them a cheque on Monday. Hope this is OK rupesh !
Old 8th June 2010, 09:43   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
there is a special rule for cars less than 6 months old
This 6 months rule applies to only metal parts. - 0% depreciation for first 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
"they cannot give us the NCB for this year, because the insurance has been transferred to an other person and it cannot give ncb for first year".
This is TRUE. - NCB is given to the owner and not to the car, which is not transferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyon View Post
Hello,
I have booked I20 ASTA due for delivery this month end.. I am taking loan from HDFC and the loan folks are insisting on insurance from HDFC ergo in order to get 50% discount on processing fees of loan, 2K insurance premium discount and also loan rate discount to 9.75%..... I havnt heard much about this insurance and no clue on there service.. I was planning to take it up from Bajaj Alliance...
Please advice me if HDFC ergo is safe to go? Do they have tie ups with multiple dealers and service centres for hassle free claims...
Not much good story's from HDFC.

I think they deduct few % in the claim in the name of debris which is a wrong deduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Got the final quote today. As instructed by you I opted for 10% depreciation from last year so at 6 lacs last year it comes to 5.4 lacs this year.

At 5.4 lacs vehicle IDV. They are offering me 25 % NCB & 40 % Discount. Total premium owed to them comes to about 9700 rs which includes PA for 5 people also.

Will give them a cheque on Monday. Hope this is OK rupesh !
Yes this is a good deal...
Old 8th June 2010, 11:31   #1250
Team-BHP Support

Am about to renew my Tata AIG. I thought I could add the deprciation reimbursement but tsadly they do not allow this. They offered some gold plan which is not appealing
Old 8th June 2010, 17:59   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am about to renew my Tata AIG. I thought I could add the deprciation reimbursement but tsadly they do not allow this. They offered some gold plan which is not appealing
Thats News. Enlight me on all about depriciation reimbursement.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:09   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Thats News. Enlight me on all about depriciation reimbursement.
Hey! just log in to the website of any Private Insurer in India and look up the 0 Depreciation Plans they have on offer.

Its actually a 0 Depriciation Insurance which in a way can be looked at as Depreciation Reimbursement

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 8th June 2010, 21:32   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Unfortunately, Yes. The rule of 50% is applicable to your friend. This rule is applicable since the car comes out of show room.
Headlight and Fog lights are also on 50% covered but you need to check this with service station.

Headlights & foglights are glass, thereby getting 100% re-imbursement, that is my understanding.

Windshields are also covered 100% due to being glass.

Maybe you know something I do not. I am in no way linked to the Insurance or auto industry.
Old 10th June 2010, 07:47   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hey! just log in to the website of any Private Insurer in India and look up the 0 Depreciation Plans they have on offer.

Its actually a 0 Depriciation Insurance which in a way can be looked at as Depreciation Reimbursement

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
I couldn't link the depreciation reimbursement to zero-depreciation plan. Thats why the confusion. Thanks for clarification.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:11   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Windshields are also covered 100% due to being glass.
True but only thing is the fitting is of rubber and that's why the cost is paid only 50% of fittings.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:25   #1256
BHPian

Hi RJ Vora,
My 2 year old Toyota Innova insurance will be due for renewal on 28th June 2010. I have been with New India Assurance right from beginning. They have given a renewal notice as follows

IDV: Rs.6.58 lakhs
Own damage Basic: Rs.11,890.00
Liability to public Basic: Rs.3,425
Net Premium: Rs.15,315
Service tax: Rs.1,577
Total: Rs.16,832.00

I have no claims in the last 2 years.

Is this a good deal? I have numerous calls from Private Insurance companies and their premiums vary between Rs.12k to 13k.

Need your suggestion on which insurance company to opt for.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:32   #1257
Senior - BHPian

I have a 5 year old Palio. Need to buy new insurance (can't renew previous due to some NCB formalities and all as it was in the name of the previous owner). And due to some stupidity on my part I missed the expiry date by a whole month.

Now I need to get the car insured ASAP. Any recommendations?

Sorry for asking a noob question, but will my premium vary across different insurers?
Old 10th June 2010, 12:25   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
IDV: Rs.6.58 lakhs
Own damage Basic: Rs.11,890.00
Liability to public Basic: Rs.3,425
Net Premium: Rs.15,315
Service tax: Rs.1,577
Total: Rs.16,832.00
Bajaj is best in Pvt. Insurance companies. You will save time and money both in your insurance if you shift from government insurance company to private insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I have a 5 year old Palio. Need to buy new insurance (can't renew previous due to some NCB formalities and all as it was in the name of the previous owner). And due to some stupidity on my part I missed the expiry date by a whole month.
Go to any branch of insurance company near to your place along with the car and RC book, tell them you need a insurance for the car and your job will be over in just half an hour.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:50   #1259
BANNED

2 year Fabia due for renewal in 2 weeks , was wondering if any insurance company gives cover for Car AC , in case of failure (mechanical/electrical) other than accident.
Old 10th June 2010, 13:02   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
2 year Fabia due for renewal in 2 weeks , was wondering if any insurance company gives cover for Car AC , in case of failure (mechanical/electrical) other than accident.
No I don't think so as this will be the part normal, regular wear and tear which will not be payable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks