Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 18:03   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Thanks for confirming, I will add Legal Liabaility also. Is Bajaj Allianz quote reasonable?
From 27K to 17K is a good deal. Ask them how much % they have given you discount?
Old 27th April 2010, 19:59   #1157
BHPian

My Fiat Linea was banged from behind by a biker coming behind at high speed. This happened in Thane. I logged a complaint with Police. Police didn't register FIR. They gave me an acknoeldgement for the complaint and its in police record.

To get the car quickly back in shape I got the claim settled thru my Insurance. Total claim was Rs. 46000 out of which I had to pay 6000 from my pocket. I had 35% NCB on my policy. From next year onwards its a recurring loss of Rs. 8000 on my renewal every year.

The biker who hit from behind didn't pay anything and he was injured so didn't feel comfortable asking money at that time. I got copy of biker's insurance and registration card. Called his company and told abt the incident they said TP claim settlement requires going to court.

Has anyone gone thru the court route for such cases and came out with positive results? Appreciate if someone can provide contacts.

Is it still worth going thru court and getting the damages settled thru TP claim to save my NCB and Rs.6000?
Old 27th April 2010, 20:22   #1158
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Booked i20 and got 27K for insurance from Dealer. Tried Balaj Allianz and got 16K quote,
Me going for an i20 Asta and was surprised with a similar situation. Quote from dealer = 20900 and quote from Bajaj Allianz agent = 12970.
All well and good but how come so much of a difference?
Old 27th April 2010, 21:00   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Me going for an i20 Asta and was surprised with a similar situation. Quote from dealer = 20900 and quote from Bajaj Allianz agent = 12970.
All well and good but how come so much of a difference?
They make a margin and provide you freebies ! How come you got quote for 12K, do you have the details I provided as an attachment. I can cross check and see whether I can also get the same.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:32   #1160
BHPian

Hi Rupesh

I had my car damaged in transit due to a accident - Refer thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...what-do-2.html

I am trying to pursue if there is a case to go to IRDA/ombudsperson - The estimate of repair is Rs. 93k wheras the transit insurance company has agreed to pay only Rs 50k
Attaching the Policy document & terms and conditions for reference

Car is a 6 yr old model ( 2004) - My current insurance with TATA AIG states IDV as Rs 1.77lacs - The transit insurance is with NIC. They have used 60% ( cost of metal),50% rubber & 100 % glass as depreciation on the quote given by Service Center ( eg for a new door costing Rs.11200 , they would pay out 60% = Rs 6720 & so on

Incase there's nothing more i can fight with the insurance company - i will have to see if i can go to consumer court for getting the balance Rs. 43k from the movers & Packers
policy.pdf

INLAND_TRANSIT-marine.doc
Old 28th April 2010, 13:10   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
1. Please see your policy terms and conditions for these details. There should be this wording in the policy which I am just re-writing. "The insured vehicle should be treated as constructive total loss if the aggregate cost of retrieval and/or repair of the vehicle, subject to terms and condition of the policy, exceeds 75% of the IDV of the vehicle."

For me this line means that "Your claim should be treated as TOTAL LOSS."
Thanks so much for the reply. I have been fighting with ICICI to get them to agree to this same point. Their reply is that they will only consider the insurance liability and not the total repair cost of the car. ICICI says this is how all car insurance policies work in India. I doubt that. They haven't yet given me an answer and are making me run around from one person to another for a clarification on this very line. I opened a ticket with their customer support via email and that was also closed without an answer.

Quote:
2. You have right to access of surveyors report which will have this details.
ICICI appointed a 3rd party surveyor who reduced the estimate even further without giving any reasons. His report is just an excel sheet with a list of prices for parts and labor, stating the net liability of the insurance company alone. It does not even mention the total repair value. Is this how a surveyor report is done?

Quote:
I hope this will help you. Please write a letter to them and mark a cc to IRDA and I am sure you will see a fast reply from them. Get back to me if you need any more help.
Can you please let me know how to write to the IRDA? I have e-mailed ICICI customer support without any result.

Many thanks for your help.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:53   #1162
BHPian

What should I pay as comprehensive insurance for a brand new SKoda Superb 1.8 with Ex-showroom price of Rs 19.81 lakh? The dealer wants Rs 49000 for two claims p.a. and Rs 59000 for more than two claims p.a. Both private insurers. National Assurance wants Rs 53000 with no limit on number of claims. Any suggestions?
Old 29th April 2010, 17:59   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hi Rupesh

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...what-do-2.html

I am trying to pursue if there is a case to go to IRDA/ombudsperson - The estimate of repair is Rs. 93k wheras the transit insurance company has agreed to pay only Rs 50k
Attaching the Policy document & terms and conditions for reference

Car is a 6 yr old model ( 2004) - My current insurance with TATA AIG states IDV as Rs 1.77lacs - The transit insurance is with NIC. They have used 60% ( cost of metal),50% rubber & 100 % glass as depreciation on the quote given by Service Center ( eg for a new door costing Rs.11200 , they would pay out 60% = Rs 6720 & so on

Incase there's nothing more i can fight with the insurance company - i will have to see if i can go to consumer court for getting the balance Rs. 43k from the movers & Packers
Attachment 339417

Attachment 339418
Hello there.

If you look in to your marine insurance document, there would be a 2nd hand machinery clause. Usually this clause is inserted when an Insurance company is issuing a "A" Cover for Inland Transit of a Car or for that matter all used machinery (by default when one is moving contents of a house all the machinery like fridge, washing machine etc will fall in to this category)

Under this clause, the insurer states that - in effect - he will pay the amounts required to put the machinery back in the condition it was before the loss. The condition before the loss was that it was a six year ord car. So within the said caluse insurer is bound to give you six year old parts. Since that is not practical, they apply the priciple of depreciation.

What you are thinking is the right line of action. You have to send a leagl notice to the carrier holding them fully responsible for the loss. See what the response is, threaten Consumer Redressal Forum etc and see what response they come up with.

If they offer the difference between the 93 k anf 50k consuly with Insurers before you agree (Ones of the condition for insurers gving you 50K would be that you sign over your rights of recovery against the carriers , to the insurance company (tech term = subrogation or subrogate). So they may not agree to this.

Other option you can do is join with Insurer in suing the Carrier on understanding that any monies recovered over the 50k you would have received from insurer already, would come to you.

You can also file your case with Consumer Redressal Forum with both Carrier and Insurer as joint respondents.

Any way this is a bad/unlucky scenario for you and there is no way you will not be out of pocket on this (if you recover in full you still will pay the lawyers - right?0

All the Best

Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 30th April 2010, 10:36   #1164
BHPian

Thanks Ram for the clarifications

Here's the final response from the movers & packers : Please refer the terms & conditions of the quote & Insurance procedure.
Allied Lemuir is the mediator between you and the insurance company. No
money can be paid from our company account but to be paid by insurance
company to you directly. Yes, as a special case we have arranged the
required estimate from service centre & paid the necessary charges for the
same from our company account. Also filed the case in insurance company on
your behalf & now the outcome is in front of you. If you want to go for the
repair of the car, you have to settle the service centre bill directly &
after the submission of original bill to insurance company your claim will
be settled by them within 7 days. If you do not want the repair of the car,
the option of claim from insurance is also available with you. Please feel
free to contact me for any further query & request to take your decision
quickly to settle this issue. We one again apologizes for all the
inconvenience you had faced because of this issue.

Just wanted to know if I can go ahead & ask the Service Center to start repair of the car - When I go to the Consumer Court - will it make any difference if I ask them to pay the balance 43k for the repair of the car or ask them the pay me back the difference which i have incurred on the repair of the car

If i wait for the judgment - i guess it will be atleast 2-3months more - the car would be lying in a damaged state for repairs
Should i rather get the car repaired & then claim the differential from the movers & packers
Old 1st May 2010, 10:13   #1165
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry for the delayed reply as I was out of station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
To get the car quickly back in shape I got the claim settled thru my Insurance. Total claim was Rs. 46000 out of which I had to pay 6000 from my pocket. I had 35% NCB on my policy.
I will tell you one thing, Going for a claim of Rs. 6000/- from others insurance policy is a big hassle. As per your statement I feel you have already paid that amount and got your car back in shape so I don't think now you can claim back also. As you need to inform the other party's insurance company as well in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hi Rupesh
I will read the thread and will reply to you in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
Thanks so much for the reply. I have been fighting with ICICI to get them to agree to this same point. Their reply is that they will only consider the insurance liability and not the total repair cost of the car. ICICI says this is how all car insurance policies work in India. I doubt that. They haven't yet given me an answer and are making me run around from one person to another for a clarification on this very line. I opened a ticket with their customer support via email and that was also closed without an answer.

ICICI appointed a 3rd party surveyor who reduced the estimate even further without giving any reasons. His report is just an excel sheet with a list of prices for parts and labor, stating the net liability of the insurance company alone. It does not even mention the total repair value. Is this how a surveyor report is done?

Can you please let me know how to write to the IRDA? I have e-mailed ICICI customer support without any result.

Many thanks for your help.
1. This is nonsense from Icici - Tell them all the insurance companies don't work in there style.

2. True, but they have to give the printout on there letter head.

3. Email:irda@irda.gov.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
What should I pay as comprehensive insurance for a brand new SKoda Superb 1.8 with Ex-showroom price of Rs 19.81 lakh? The dealer wants Rs 49000 for two claims p.a. and Rs 59000 for more than two claims p.a. Both private insurers. National Assurance wants Rs 53000 with no limit on number of claims. Any suggestions?
Is this some special product where in you can't make more then 2 claims a year?
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:03   #1166
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
They make a margin and provide you freebies ! How come you got quote for 12K, do you have the details I provided as an attachment. I can cross check and see whether I can also get the same.
I asked for all the freebies weren't too many and in the end told that I wont go for insurance. By that time, the order sheet was filled up .
I dont have the details but can get them, as my insurance agent is in Kolkata and I live in B'lore. I know it sounds strange but the guy takes care of the other car insurance and I kinda have a good rapport with him.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:49   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
I know it sounds strange but the guy takes care of the other car insurance and I kinda have a good rapport with him.
I think then you should go with BA quote which you have for 12K+. That's a cheaper option.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:13   #1168
BHPian

Rupesh, From your reply it seems there is no way to get NCB + Rs. 6000 back. What should be the ideal way to handle such cases?

[quote=rjvora_2000;1864185]I will tell you one thing, Going for a claim of Rs. 6000/- from others insurance policy is a big hassle. As per your statement I feel you have already paid that amount and got your car back in shape so I don't think now you can claim back also. As you need to inform the other party's insurance company as well in advance.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:49   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Rupesh, From your reply it seems there is no way to get NCB + Rs. 6000 back. What should be the ideal way to handle such cases?
Frankly speaking "I prefer not to reply to this question" but still...

Because of such a bad working for claiming under TP policy I normally prefer to stay away form it. I don't like to visit police station as I have some bad experience with them and for claiming under TP policy Police Complaint is must. Claim process is also not simple with insurance companies as they have some different department which look in to TP insurance. Going to courts and doing paperwork with stamp papers and talking to lawyers is not my cup of tea.

Now answering to your questions "Pay it from your pocket & forget it" or do "dadagiri" with the person and get the money from him or "don't claim it" and get your car repaired from outside.

Note: - This is not a Textbook reply but this is a Practical approach - Some people may not like it.
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:04   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Query with BA Drive Assure Package

Hi Rupesh,
I renewed my car policy with BA (Drive Assure Package). But after i got the policy document, there was no where mentioned about Drive Assure(0% depreciation). On checking with BA they mentioned that under "Important Notice" para in the document, they have mentioned the type of this policy which is "S1,S3,S4". This represents about drive assure package.
So any idea if this is true because i did not see any where else neither in their website about the types and their description.

Thanks,
Santosh

Most Viewed