Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 14:51   #2896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks,

I have a March 2011 Figo Titanium D insured by Iffco Tokio, the insurance is up for renewal in March 17th. Last year I paid 16 K for zero dep policy and took I claim (left side both doors repainted). The quote they've given for this year is 16K again...
I'm a little confused and need some advise... though the zero dep and claim process by Iffco guys has been smooth so far, but 16 K this year too seems steep..

Cheers

RD
IFFCO-TOKIO is a fine company for car insurance. Been using it since 2005 for my Innova consistently.

Check
1. your NCB discount vanished due to claim
2. additional courtesy discounts if they had given due to no claims etc may have reduced or disappeared
3. insurance rates have gone up
4. third party insurance component has become costly

So even if your IDV may have reduced, the premium may have gone up due to these.

Last edited by parsh : 27th February 2014 at 14:52.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 14:54   #2897
BANNED

Hi Parsh,

Thanks... guess I'll go ahead and renew with them only, in that case..

Much Appreciated !

Cheers
RD
Old 27th February 2014, 15:19   #2898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Hi Parsh,

Thanks... guess I'll go ahead and renew with them only, in that case..

Much Appreciated !

Cheers
RD
But, first do Check all these aspects on the quote given, talk to them and understand all things, also check with other quotes and weigh them.

If not much difference and things look alright, go ahead with IFFCO-TOKIO.
Old 7th March 2014, 07:33   #2899
BHPian

Hi. I am buying a new Toyota Fortuner. Ex-showroom Rs 23 L. The dealer is quoting an insurance premium of Rs 82 K on Toyota Assure.

Want to understand:
(i) What does Toyota Assure cover
(ii) Can you buy a similar insurance from market
(iii) Any benefit that you cannot source from market vis-a-vis Toyota Assure
(iv) If you can create a replica from market, then who is the best provider.

Many thanks in advance!!
Old 7th March 2014, 12:20   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteshs77 View Post
Hi. I am buying a new Toyota Fortuner. Ex-showroom Rs 23 L. The dealer is quoting an insurance premium of Rs 82 K on Toyota Assure.

Want to understand:
(i) What does Toyota Assure cover
(ii) Can you buy a similar insurance from market
(iii) Any benefit that you cannot source from market vis-a-vis Toyota Assure
(iv) If you can create a replica from market, then who is the best provider.

Many thanks in advance!!
First, you should get the clarification on all aspects of the quote from the dealer on what are the advantages, what is covered etc.

This is what I have from the Toyota Insurance Dept, Bangalore

TOYOTA ADVANTAGES.xls

The advantages mainly being Consumables also considered as part of 0 dep cover. There are other subtle differences if you look closely and compare with other quotes.

Normally, they are available as Add-Ons with some insurers not sure if all have them.

It is better to get quotes with all those add-ons from other insurers before finalizing on Toyota Protect. If there is no significant difference go for the Toyota Protect as you can then anytime catch Toyota for any issues.

Process-wise, yes, the Toyota Protect becomes an easy way to work by just dropping the car at dealership and filling up a form and work done without question.

TATA-AIG, IFFCO-TOKIO are some good ones you can try and Toyota has also tied up with them.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 14:50   #2901
BHPian

Can someone shed some light on the Claim acceptability if a car is involved in a 3 car mix-up and has been hit both from the side and the back?

I have raised such a claim but my SA told me the Insurance guy would not accept the claim of the hit from the back as the only mark is on the boot and not on the bumper!

And he wants a police FIR for this. I told him to go ahead with the repair of the fender for now.

Any suggestions?
Old 7th March 2014, 14:54   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
First, you should get the clarification on all aspects of the quote from the dealer on what are the advantages, what is covered etc.
==============
TATA-AIG, IFFCO-TOKIO are some good ones you can try and Toyota has also tied up with them.
Thanks Parsh!! I have fixed up with them for tomorrow morning and would go armed with this Excel sheet and report back.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th March 2014 at 16:01.
Old 8th March 2014, 14:26   #2903
BHPian

Dear Sir, my Scorpio which was insured by New India Assurance got stolen on 21st Oct, 2013. While the FIR was registered with the Local police immediately, I took some time before starting the insurance process. To add to it, the insurance company further delayed the process by sending me back and forth for documents some 4-5 times, due to which the insurance claim was rejected by the company because of a total delay of approximately 130 days. Is there any way of challenging this rejection, please advise and thank you in advance.
Old 9th March 2014, 11:42   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parsh!! I have fixed up with them for tomorrow morning and would go armed with this Excel sheet and report back.
Went again to Toyota. They are offering (a) Toyota Assure or (b) Bharti AXA. Toyota Assure is Rs 82 K and Bharti AXA is Rs 62 K.

What Bharti AXA does not have is:
(i) It has zero dep for 3 years whereas Toyota has for 5 years
(ii) Toyota covers all consumables in event of claims whereas Bharti AXA does not
(iii) Toyota covers wiring harness etc.
(iv) Passenger cover: Toyota covers 1 +4, Bharti covers 1+1

Both are cashless with Toyota workshops.

I still can't see much advantage in Toyota Assure to justify a 33% premium. If you have a different POV, please advise.
Old 9th March 2014, 15:38   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still can't see much advantage in Toyota Assure to justify a 33% premium. If you have a different POV, please advise.
I would suggest to look elsewhere other than Toyota. These links will support my argument.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3333315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
Is there any way of challenging this rejection, please advise and thank you in advance.
The only way out is to approach the Consumer court. Since the Insurer is equally to be blamed for the delay in processing, the claim rejection can be challenged.
Old 9th March 2014, 17:00   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went again to Toyota. They are offering (a) Toyota Assure or (b) Bharti AXA. Toyota Assure is Rs 82 K and Bharti AXA is Rs 62 K.

Certainly exorbitantly costly.

Did you try get quote from others, IFFCO-TOKIO, TATA-AIG, Bharati-AXA with/without those coverages on your own than from dealer only? Worth checking. May come to even less.

Try checking Guderian's Admiral thread for the insurance, may provide a detailed insight.
Old 9th March 2014, 22:01   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Certainly exorbitantly costly.
==========
Try checking Guderian's Admiral thread for the insurance, may provide a detailed insight.
Thanks!! Will do. Checked with IFFCO-TOKIO separately. They are at Rs 65 K for Bharti Axa type cover.
Old 11th March 2014, 17:13   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would suggest to look elsewhere other than Toyota. These links will support my argument.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3333315

The only way out is to approach the Consumer court. Since the Insurer is equally to be blamed for the delay in processing, the claim rejection can be challenged.

Thanks so much, will do that as a last resort.
Old 15th March 2014, 20:03   #2909
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Ford Figo Diesel (Titan.) 2013 is up for its first renewal. My current insurer is Bharti AXA, which has been great in handling claims so far, but for some reasons they are yet to contact me for a Renewal.

I have been contacted by TATA AIG, SBI General, and ICICI Lombard so far.

Below are the quotes:
1. TATA AIG -- IDV: Rs. 4,96,218 -- Premium Quoted: Rs. 17,584
2. SBI General -- IDV: Rs. 5,30,000 -- Premium Quoted: Rs. 16,117
3. Bajaj Allianz -- IDV: Rs. 5,14,350 -- Premium Quoted: Rs. 14,558

The showroom I normally go for repairs wants me to go for either ICICI or SBI as he says they generally assess properly. Not sure what he meant.

Another question - I have declared everywhere that I have had claims in the current policy, but no one has so far asked me how many? Should I be telling them the same?

Any suggestions on what to do? Please advice, I need to finish this off by this week. Thanks!

Last edited by pratyush6 : 15th March 2014 at 20:23.
Old 16th March 2014, 12:57   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My current insurer is Bharti AXA, which has been great in handling claims so far, but for some reasons they are yet to contact me for a Renewal.

Another question - I have declared everywhere that I have had claims in the current policy, but no one has so far asked me how many? Should I be telling them the same?
If Bharati Axa hasnt contacted you for renewals, then it means that they are having second thoughts since you have already claimed (once?). They would be treating you as a high risk customer, hence the case. The same would be for the rest of the Insurers too who would be wary of making you their customer as you have already made claims.

I would suggest you to check with the Ford workshop where you generally service your car about the cashless tie ups. I am sure Royal Sundaram would be one of them. If so, get a quote from RS and check if their quote is comparable with Tata & SBI. You can either opt with Tata or RS as they are relatively older players. SBI is still new to the car insurance. The renewal premium would be higher than normal since you made claims. But as a precaution you can opt for NCB protection add on from the Insurer you would finally buy the Insurance from. This will help during the renewals too. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks