Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
In Kerala, they give you two things while paying tax - one a receipt proper; and another a "Round" - a rectangular piece of paler with a "round" in the middle. In past, you were supposed to fold the paper appropriaely, and display only the "round" part in front windshield. We used to get plastic display accessories for that. You get the receipt immediately, and the "round" is issued after the registration number is known. What is the procedure rearding tax payment proof in other states?

I am also from Kerala. Just wanted to know if the round life time tax disc is still required to be displayed behind the windscreen? My old Uno still has it!
Old 5th February 2009, 17:31   #17
BHPian

I have bought 2 vehicles from noida itself. Both of them were delivered unregistered. I got the temp. no. after 2 days and permanent registration no. after 15 days.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I am also from Kerala. Just wanted to know if the round life time tax disc is still required to be displayed behind the windscreen? My old Uno still has it!
I have kept a photo copy of this in the vehicle. Not going to risk this flimsy piece of costly (to repalce) paper on a moving vehicle. While travelling inter-state, the originals would be in baggage, and the photocopies would be shown in the first instance.
Old 5th February 2009, 19:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Also i hope you have a sarkari bank account. I opened one while booking the VDi, and that helped.
Old 5th February 2009, 22:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Also i hope you have a sarkari bank account. I opened one while booking the VDi, and that helped.
For my Vista bought om 31-01-09, the dealer quoted Rs.3500/- for registration. (they had taken Rs.2K for temporary reg earlier) Opted out and approached a broker and gave Rs.1500/- for all expenses in addition to life time tax amount. Entrusted in the morning and received tax paid receipt with reg. no. in it by 5.30 in the evening. Will get reg certificate from RTO within a fortnight by speed post.
Old 5th February 2009, 23:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
I have bought 2 vehicles from noida itself. Both of them were delivered unregistered. I got the temp. no. after 2 days and permanent registration no. after 15 days.
Is it possible for the dealer to issue the vehicle without temporary registration? Isn't it illegal?
Old 7th February 2009, 21:21   #22
BHPian

Sparkguy,

I was told that if an RTO is available in the city of purchase ,then there would not any temp registration and it would only be a permanent registration.

So what the time frame of purchase of your two vehicles.

-hdi
Old 13th February 2009, 22:56   #23
BHPian

hdi, Yes you can, you have already got the details from the RTO office and the officials do their job without asking for any kharcha pani.

But the key is time, yes if you have one full day to spend there go ahead get it done. I got my DL made by myself gave two full days from my regular college and got my licence, didnt pay even a single paise over and above the UP govt prescribed fees from the same RTO office in Noida.

They dont ideally trouble poor common citizens, as they have bigger fish called commercial vehicles and related stuff to to make money.
Old 20th February 2009, 05:36   #24
BHPian

I registered my Dicor 3yrs back in Ghaziabad(adjoining noida) without any problem by myself.I brought from delhi & submitted all complete papers.dealer gave me temp no. also. agents asked me 5000,hearing 5000 straight i went to RTO office took my seat there & placed my file on his desk.RTO called some-one handover my file & money to him.within 15 mins i got my receipt & semi-vip number i asked for .All with lovely smile & good talks..
Old 31st March 2009, 16:57   #25
BHPian

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your comments and I registered my car by myself and got the number today.It took about 4 hours and I faced the usual indian bueracrazy.

Here is the complete story,

I had decided that I will get the car registered by myself when the dealer asked for 3k for the registration(I really did not know at that time that we can negotiate with the dealer and make him register it for free).

I went to RTO Office and asked the officials about the address proofs required.He told me that they accept Drivers license,Voter ID and LIC(only) policy.He also told to get a affidavit from a notary public for the address.

I then found the UP RTO website(Uttar Pradesh Transport Department) and got all the details from website and the corresponding rules and Fees.This was very useful.

THen I went to RTO Noida office today at 11.30 AMand after the usual running around,I got the files checked by the RTO people,paid the money got the number.

Things to remember/consider when you go for registration in Noida

a) Go and ask the RTO office as to what address proofs are accepted(and dont believe what ever is written on the board.ON the RTO board I saw that even payslips from the private companies are accepted.However they are not.)

b)Buy a file from the shops oppposite to the RTO office and arrange your file in this order(in this order only as I was asked to go and come again with this order)
  • [FONT=Arial]1. Application in form-20.
    2. Sale certificate in form-21.
    3. Form 22 supplied by Dealer.
    4. Valid insurance certificate.
    5. Proof of Address.
    6. Temporary registration, if any.
    7. Form-A under Taxation Act, 1997.
    8. Fees Specified in Rule 81.
    9. Passport size photograph.
    [/FONT]
c) If you dont how to read Hindi(like me),give Rs 50 to the guys sitting opposite to the RTO office and he will fill the Form 20 for you.Even if you know hindi it is better to get it filled from one of the guys sitting there as the chances to make the mistake are less.

d) Plz make sure that all your zeroxes are attested by a notary public.(I was asked to go and get it attested and I did it )

e)The whole process is divided into the following steps
-Checking in Room 10.After the file is created give it to room 10.Here the guys will check fo the application form, chassis no(physically from the car) and address proofs.
-Checking in Room 5,here it is rechecked again and then the guys will write in your form as to what has to be paid
-Go to Room 2 and pay the money

f) Plz go as early as possible(10 AM) when rush is very low as the Room 2 for registration payments is open only from 10.15 AM to 2 PM.

g)Lets us say that you ask the an official in RTO and he says that LIC policy is accepted.Now when you come on that day ,go and show the proof to the official and get his signature.Once you get his sign,your address proofs will not questioned again.(PM me if you want more info on this)

i)If possible go with your wife or mom or some female.You will be surprised as to they have sepeate lines and you will get things done quickly.

So Plz dont pay the 3k that the dealer is asking from you .Instead you can negotiate to make if free(preferred option) for you or do ir for yourself.

When I went the RTO office ,I had many agents asking for just Rs 500 for doing the entire thing.

Here is the charges

LMV -non carriage - Rs 200
Hypothecation entry - 100
Invalid Carriage - 20
Application filling - 50
Road tax - 5 % of Ex showroom price.

Thanks
hdi.
hdi_pro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2009, 18:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your comments and I registered my car by myself and got the number today.It took about 4 hours and I faced the usual indian bueracrazy.

Thanks
hdi.
to you. If we all can do like you these brokers will be out of business and no need to pay any extra money to dealership too.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:01   #27
BHPian

Great stuff, will surely help everyone who plans to register car in Noida. I too got my DL by myself, no middle men, no bribes, and surprisingly if you have all the documents in order(which I had) the job was done in one single working day.

One of the officer was cursing people for not having 'time' for important thing like this and prefer the broker route..and then blaming them for corruption.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:19   #28
BHPian

Hi setuniket and sparkguy,

Thanks a ton for your comments.Yes,We should atleast try it out before we give money to someone to do to the job.(either way never to a dealership)

-hdi
Old 24th April 2009, 14:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey hdi_pro , very good stuff of doing the work yourself.

The savings for bigger cars amount to several thousand rupees.

Wish, if anyone has done the same in Ghaizabad, Delhi & NCR and can provide steps like you did.

I too got my Learners License and then my DL later myself by standinig in queue and getting the work done myself.

Anyway, I still feel, pressurizing the dealer to do it for free would be more helpful. A little insight into the actual money spent will be helpful while negotiating with the dealer.
Old 29th April 2009, 14:43   #30
BHPian

Hi tanwaramit,

Yes Its is better to negotiate with the dealer to get this stuff done for free.As far as I know,Dealer is supposed to get the car registered and give it to you.

If you ask the dealer ,why he doesnot do this for free ,his most prob explanation would be "Sir ,RTO people take money from dealerships and they dont if you do the registration by yourself".Be prepared to counter the argument.

Now what was the amount that I had spent,

LMV -non carriage - Rs 200
Hypothecation entry - 100
Invalid Carriage - 20
Application filling - 50
Road tax - 5 % of Ex showroom price.

So The total Charge for Registration would be less than 400(no Bribe here)

Normally the dealer would ask for about 2.5k to 4k.However If dealer is adamant that you have to pay to register and you dont want do it by yourself,then you can approach any of the dealers in the RTO office and they will do it for 1K.

PM me if you want more details.

Thanks
Hari.,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks