Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 08:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
I have faced the exact same problem in the past.
I went for fitting lpg kit in my car in the same month when my motor insurance was expiring.
Had given a cheque to renew my car insurance, within next 3 days I also went in for fitting LPg kit on my car.
Unaware about updating the insurance company and also it was not rto endorsed, due to sheer badluck, a road roller banged my vehicle from behind, and insurance company refused to entertain me.
Hyundai dealer said, i will gee it done, he kept the car for whole day and later gave me a quotation of 30 k and also said that my claim had been refused.
Poor me, was taken a back.
However got my car(santro) fixed from a local garage for 10k.
Neverthless i have learnt my lesson.
Be up to date with your paperwork always.
Sorry to read that!!! But let me tell you what happen with you was correct by insurance company. When there is half of the fact declared to insurance company then they have Right to refuse the claim. (Non submission of material facts.)
Old 13th March 2009, 12:59   #17
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sorry to read that!!! But let me tell you what happen with you was correct by insurance company. When there is half of the fact declared to insurance company then they have Right to refuse the claim. (Non submission of material facts.)

yes I understand, what was done by insurance co. was right, however i was mislead by the dealer, he said he will get the claim passed, had he told me that there could be problem in getting the claim, i would have first gone for endorsement.

But as destiny had it, I had something else in store, hjust because of the stupid dealer.

Old 18th March 2009, 12:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am getting back the car today by paying almost 60% of total claim all because i didn't read through the insurance papers.
Never again i will take sai service "SERVICES".
Their excuse is the employ of theirs who handled my insurance has left the company so, they are not responsible.

I will not renew reliance also because they were aware of the lpg endorsement but didn't bother to ask me the additional amount or include lpg.( their renewed premium was more than new india's amount) they have done it purposely so that one day they can reject the claim.
Don't tell me they blindly renew insurance. anyone with eyes open can see the lpg stamping on my RC.

can anyone give me maruti and sai service mail id where i can complaint about this to higher authorities.

Last edited by gigy : 18th March 2009 at 12:54.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I am getting back the car today by paying almost 60% of total claim all because i didn't read through the insurance papers.
Never again i will take sai service "SERVICES".
Their excuse is the employ of theirs who handled my insurance has left the company so, they are not responsible.

I will not renew reliance also because they were aware of the lpg endorsement but didn't bother to ask me the additional amount or include lpg.( their renewed premium was more than new india's amount) they have done it purposely so that one day they can reject the claim.
Don't tell me they blindly renew insurance. anyone with eyes open can see the lpg stamping on my RC.

can anyone give me maruti and sai service mail id where i can complaint about this to higher authorities.
This is WRONG

I still don't understand why you have to pay for the ignorance of insurance company and a dealer.

Sirji you must fight with Insurance company you will get the claim yaar!!

Give me one day's time I will give you little more details of insurance company.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 18th March 2009 at 17:34.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

OnlineMI@maruti.co.in

This is one link where I think you will get some help I am searching some mail ID of Insurance company as soon as I have one will post the link.

I am very upset with the way you have been handled by both the guys.

Write to us - Feedback - This is one link please post your query.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 19th March 2009 at 11:04.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

i got the car back after repairs from sai service after a month and the following few days were more tiring and frustrating. never willi go back to sai service and never reliance insurance.
although the body repair was done in a acceptable manner by sai service, the following faults came to light when i came home.
1. car was not running as smooth as before.
2. autocop was not locking the car.
3. boot light was not reconnected.
4. battery terminal was not tightened, just kept on terminal.( if there was gas leak issue post accident this was enough to spark and burn the car down)
5. when spark plugs were inspected it was full of carbon deposit, don,t know how a car lying in garage can get it. replaced plugs and car became smooth as before.
6. all tires had varying pressure.
7. battery has gone week. i have to keep pc off manually else it cant start car by morning.
8. one headlight bulb was fixed half inside.
9. the dashboard center panel was removed out without tools leaving fine hair line crack marks visible in daylight.
10. lpg tank remained full throughout the sheet metal repairs( a dangerous neglect)
11. center brake light connections remained disconnected and open.
12. rear speaker tray was not fixed.
whats the point of going back and talking to such a service center?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks