Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 00:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

No LPG endorsment after change to Reliance

Need your advice and some advice from my side due experience:
My car met with a major accident few days back and its now lying with Sai Service for cashless claim. only when this claim papers were processed did i realize a major error. the LPG endorsement is missing. the reliance guy calls up and says i will have to shell out 25% extra of total value because of it.
the history:
i had new india insurance with lpg endorsed two years back. when i went to renew it sai service refused renewal by same company stating that they don't have cashless tieup for older cars with new india. they offered to get reliance for cashless and hassel free service. i got it done although i had to pay higher premium and lower vale of car. this is second year with reliance.
when i am using the service of a company like sai-service to renew policy to get hassel free claims when required is it not their responsibility to do it properly? just because i didnt check the new policy now i am to pay for it.
i have called up sai service and complained about this and hope they respond.
Few things i realized:
1.check the policy wording word by word.
2.if they have reduced the amount check if they have not omitted anything. they reduce the premium by removing the passengers( this was told to me by the insurance agent itself)
3.check if fire, riots and theft is included.
4. stay fixed with one company only and don't take the words of service centers.
Old 18th February 2009, 00:24   #2
BHPian

Since it's your second year with reliance I doubt if even sai will do anything. At the most they would render you an apology for the 'mistake' !! Lesson learnt,I suggest you pay the sum and bring her back home. You could try talking the relaince guy to bring down the diff from 25% though. If you do have / can obtain a copy of your agreement with new India try to point out that you assumed that they would automatically give you a similiar cover.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Second year was also auto renewed by sai service. i have the old new india insurance with lpg endorsed and showed it to sai service Borivili and also gave its copy to submit it to the reliance guy.
Old 18th February 2009, 16:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please tell me some thing...

1. Did you had submitted RC copy (With LPG endorsement on it) when you were shifted to RIL?
2. Did you had submitted the policy copy which had included LPG premium?

Please take a copy of the same and talk to the surveyor that this is a mistake of Sai staff and not yours.

Talk to Sai people also to help you in this matter since it is there mistake.

I hope your problem get's solved because you are no were wrong
Old 18th February 2009, 23:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

i had given them copy of my prevoius insurance before they moved me to reliance. dose anyone have mail address of sai service insurance and reliance higher ups so that i can tell them both the story.
Old 19th February 2009, 09:27   #6
BHPian

gigy just check you damage. If they are related to LPG then there is a point to that for asking 25%. If not better to give extra premium may be back dated for the current year and get that covered. In this case ask Reliance to waive off 25%. Just negotiate with them. I guess your car is Wagon R
Old 19th February 2009, 15:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
gigy just check you damage. If they are related to LPG then there is a point to that for asking 25%. If not better to give extra premium may be back dated for the current year and get that covered. In this case ask Reliance to waive off 25%. Just negotiate with them. I guess your car is Wagon R
I don't think anything like backdated will be done by them. they have to pay for the claim sirji.
Old 19th February 2009, 16:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

There is no damage to LPG related items in car. The tank and connected items will have to be removed and refitted back for the boot replacement. Its only become an excuse to make me pay more. The car is Baleno.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
There is no damage to LPG related items in car. The tank and connected items will have to be removed and refitted back for the boot replacement. Its only become an excuse to make me pay more. The car is Baleno.
No No sirji, I don't think so.

That is not just an excuse. Some thing like this has also happened with me some time ago. My client's car's door (Driver side) had been dashed by a bike driver and then same Lpg was not endorsed by me in the policy, Insurance company had rejected the claim full 100% and I had to pay from my pocket full amount.

You are lucky I feel.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

The thing is i didn't hide or try to hide lpg installation. It was already there in my previous insurance and sai service didn't transfer the same to reliance.should sai service not negotiate with reliance accepting irresponsibility?
Old 20th February 2009, 09:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
The thing is i didn't hide or try to hide lpg installation. It was already there in my previous insurance and sai service didn't transfer the same to reliance.should sai service not negotiate with reliance accepting irresponsibility?
You are not wrong 100% I had told this in my earlier post also it is your bad luck and nothing else.

See if you fight till the end this battle would be won by you only, I am confident on that.

I am very clear that policy wording and its fine prints are not suppose to be read 100% by policy holder's, you have done your duty by way of submitting the correct information to the Sai people and to the insurance company.

If they have nor read your RC book properly then it is there mistake, you cannot be (Should not be) fined for the same.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 20th February 2009 at 09:06.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

@gigy - Any update in your claim?
Old 9th March 2009, 11:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

After 19th Feb you have not reply to this trend. Please reply where is the matter now. What happened to your claim?
Old 9th March 2009, 18:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for the car to be ready. they have just now finished the body work, another week more i think. once the reliance guy comes back for inspection will talk with him.
i want to take that guy who approved my insurance to task. he should also pay 25% for not reading through my RC book, anyways this is my last association with reliance insurance and sai service.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:11   #15
capri_cap

I have faced the exact same problem in the past.
I went for fitting lpg kit in my car in the same month when my motor insurance was expiring.
Had given a cheque to renew my car insurance, within next 3 days I also went in for fitting LPg kit on my car.
Unaware about updating the insurance company and also it was not rto endorsed, due to sheer badluck, a road roller banged my vehicle from behind, and insurance company refused to entertain me.
Hyundai dealer said, i will gee it done, he kept the car for whole day and later gave me a quotation of 30 k and also said that my claim had been refused.
Poor me, was taken a back.
However got my car(santro) fixed from a local garage for 10k.
Neverthless i have learnt my lesson.
Be up to date with your paperwork always.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks