Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 17:06   #1
BHPian

My Journey Called - UP se AP tak

Though there are many topics spread all across the forum on intra-state movement and registration by members, I thought of starting a new thread on my experience since it has been a major turning point on how I take my life.

I moved to Hyderabad on 16th September 2008, since I already heard about the "strict" RTAs I did my home work and found the details on it.

11th November 2008 - I contacted a MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspector) referred by someone to pay the tax, he wrote a challan and a demand note for paying 8% tax of the invoice value (which was around 5 lakhs, so the tax was around Rs.40,000), he assured me that the tax will be refunded if I plan to leave the state before one year provided I get the NOC from the NOIDA RTO.

13th November 2008 - I got the car here and pasted the photo copy of the receipt on my windscreen so that the on road checking becomes quicker

19th January 2008 - Got the NOC from NOIDA

4th February 2009 - Contacted the RTO of my area (Ranga Reddy District) on how to process the refund (just wanted to know the info, no refund claim was intended), the officer informed that it won't be possible before I get the car registered in AP, and when I take it back to UP claim a refund here, I thought "That would be easy...I have NOC from NOIDA RTO, all I need is a few stamps from the bank (my car in on loan) and I will be all set

First Half March 2009 - I visited every saturday to the Citibank hyderabad office to get the documents signed, but was turned away with some or the other excuse, mentioning some for the community here :
1. The concerned officer sits in Chennai, so we will have to send the
documents there for stamping
2. We cannot find the stamp, etc etc

Finally got the papers from the bank, took them to the RTO only to realise that the bank had put in incorrect stamp,

Second Half Of March 2009 - Went in getting the right stamp

7th April 2009 - Went to the RTO officer for approval, next he asked me to get the car inspected at a location 15 kms away from this office

8th April 2009 - Went for vehicle inspection, the inspector was on leave

9th to 20th April 2009 - Went to north on vacation, to spend time with parents and in-laws

24th April 2009 - Got the car inspected and submitted the papers, no help from anyone, had to trace the chassis number myself, had to buy a pencil for the trace

27th April 2009 - Checked on the AP transport website that my vehicle number is updated there (still UP number but now in their records), but with incorrect fuel type, color and model details, went to the inspection office in lunch time the guys there directed me to the RTO office in Attapur (around 20 kms from home, 15 kms from office)

28th April 2009 - Met several guys all gave different information, finally met the RTO who told me to visit a counter, stood there for 30-40 mins with the guy showing no interest in getting my work done, finally out of shame he asked me to leave the photocopies and told me that he will do it after he is done with the rest of the work, I trust him and leave for the day

29th April 2009 - Checked again online with no changes at all, went to the attapur office again in lunch time to get the task done, the same guy again busy with other people (rest guys were paying him Rs.10 to deposit the taxes), I politely said that I will wait (1.30 pm), at 2.30 pm he tried correcting the info but failed due to lack of knowledge, 3.00 pm he got up and started leaving for lunch ignoring me, I catch him and tell him that I too was standing there without any lunch, he makes a face (feeling hungry) and left, by this time the pressure inside me was at its max, I reached RTO's cabin and told the entire story of 2 days, he asked someone to get my task done, the guy was knowledgeable and made the changes, though as I write this thread the changes do not reflect on the website (may be it takes time for the data from various RTOs to get uploaded on the central database)

Will keep you guys posted on this story....
Old 29th April 2009, 17:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, you're a delhiwala. Why not use contacts or pay some cash?
Old 29th April 2009, 17:52   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why not use contacts or pay some cash?
You didnt get the point of the post....
Old 29th April 2009, 18:18   #4

Quote:
This attitude is what making these officers asking for more bribes.

When I tried to get the ownership of our car changed to our name, I approached the Koramangala, Bangalore RTO directly. The job was done for 120 Rs where as the touts were quoting sums of 1500 to 2200 for getting the ownership changed.

The only hitch was that I had to ask the previous owner to meet the ARTO for verification of signature on the sale receipt (may be lack of oiling the system).
Old 29th April 2009, 18:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I am originally from Agra....was settled in NOIDA until Sept. 08, now in Hyderabad....

"...Why not use contacts..." my mom's real bro is an IPS officer and is posted in Lucknow...could have used the contacts and names...but that is not how the world works and we as Indians should shun this habit of "...jaanta nahein mera baap/bhai/chacha/mama/phoopha kaun hai??....."

"...pay some cash..." again the same as above, plus I wanted to see is it really possible to go about without all this...is the system really helpful...are the people (crooks/middleman/corrupt) fooling us because of lack of knowledge

Keep checking this thread for more update...if a common man won or lost?
Old 30th April 2009, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
"...pay some cash..." again the same as above, plus I wanted to see is it really possible to go about without all this...is the system really helpful...are the people (crooks/middleman/corrupt) fooling us because of lack of knowledge
Helpful? No, it's not designed to be helpful. If they publish all the relevant information (rules, laws etc.) how will they harass us and get us to bribe them to get the work done?
Old 30th April 2009, 13:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Helpful? No, it's not designed to be helpful. If they publish all the relevant information (rules, laws etc.) how will they harass us and get us to bribe them to get the work done?
I am talking about the system - process, rules, etc etc....its the machinery that is corrupt, take it like this....the blue print of the engine (system) is perfect, some parts are faulty (corrupt)...to know the rules there is right to information act, if the PIO (Publich Information Officer) fails to responds (remember to pay the fee for the information, its usually 10-30 Rs.) escalate to the Information commission, here the guys are old retired IAS, bureaucrats etc. they are picked from honest bunch of retired guys, they will take care of it (everything is online)...

Its just with us, how much we can take it, this monster is fed by our laziness and will to fail when the going gets tough, stop feeding the monster and it will slowly (but surely) die out...many of us here will laugh at this because just me not bribing will not kill this evil, on this I would like to say that atleast I would have peace of mind that I didn't feed the monster

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th April 2009 at 13:54. Reason: see note in post
Old 30th April 2009, 15:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
many of us here will laugh at this because just me not bribing will not kill this evil, on this I would like to say that atleast I would have peace of mind that I didn't feed the monster
Hope, more people follow this approach when possible.
Old 30th April 2009, 19:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Goes on to explain why our country is where it is today

No peronal offense intended to this otherwise offensive observation
Old 1st May 2009, 10:23   #10
BHPian

rajatsingh78,

First of all,Its is really heartening to see someone doing registration stuff without money.(that too getting a refund of the road tax)

After you receive the RTO refund,Plz do post your detailed story ,which would be immense use for other people

All I can say is that it is truly worthwhile in the end.(and Dont Give up)

-Hdi
Old 5th May 2009, 22:47   #11

HP se AP tak

rajatsingh78
Encouraged by your experience, I too am motivated to pursue registration of a HP vehicle in AP, without brokers. When I visited RTO (AP10) armed with various forms as indicated on the website aptransport.gov.in, the "help desk" at the RTO invented new affidavit I need to submit. What for? It is supposed to be my declaration that nothing is pending in HP against the vehicle. Isn't NOC supposed to indicate that? Not enough, apparently. When I asked what should be in the affidavit, the answer came back - "that broker over there knows what to write".

Rajat, did you have to submit any affidavit? If so could you please share the outline/ format.
Thank You.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsksnt View Post
rajatsingh78
Encouraged by your experience, I too am motivated to pursue registration of a HP vehicle in AP, without brokers. When I visited RTO (AP10) armed with various forms as indicated on the website aptransport.gov.in, the "help desk" at the RTO invented new affidavit I need to submit. What for? It is supposed to be my declaration that nothing is pending in HP against the vehicle. Isn't NOC supposed to indicate that? Not enough, apparently. When I asked what should be in the affidavit, the answer came back - "that broker over there knows what to write".

Rajat, did you have to submit any affidavit? If so could you please share the outline/ format.
Thank You.
Go straight to the Administrative Officer of the office or if he too is cheeky, just walk inside the RTO's office (Road Transport Officer), if he is useless find where the Deputy Transport Commissioner sits and speak to him/her, DO NOT bribe anyone is the key here.Generally the RTO will help you, tell him that the helpdesk guy is recommending brokers, you will need loads of courage to do this if you are not used , these guys are public servants and you have complete rights to ask for anything you want.

I too will be doing this if my registration file does not move forward, if everything fails my next weapon will be RTI Act.

Don't Give Up, I am with you for all legal help, we can file a case together
Old 6th May 2009, 06:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go straight to the Administrative Officer of the office or if he too is cheeky, just walk inside the RTO's office (Road Transport Officer), if he is useless find where the Deputy Transport Commissioner sits and speak to him/her, DO NOT bribe anyone is the key here.Generally the RTO will help you, tell him that the helpdesk guy is recommending brokers, you will need loads of courage to do this if you are not used , these guys are public servants and you have complete rights to ask for anything you want.

I too will be doing this if my registration file does not move forward, if everything fails my next weapon will be RTI Act.

Don't Give Up, I am with you for all legal help, we can file a case together
Yes. Its all up to us to see if WE keep getting things done. THEY are there to postpone or give excuse for ever.

Remember their only weapon is TIME, not money. They feel that we will get exhausted by visiting several times and compromise for money. If you are ready to spend sometime by visiting 2 or 3 times, it will be done.

OT: I had similar experiance in electricity board and Municipal office for property name transfer. In the end, it is very easy for yourself to go and do things. But it just needs time and patience. Seldom we have that. Even me, when I had to pay tax in KA for my TN vehicle, I approached the RTO and paid his "service charge" for paying the tax

If the guy knows that you are least bothered about time or status and understands that he cant get any money, he will first finish yours and make sure you leave the place.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

RTO offices are slow to work and may need some visits, but believe me you can get your work done yourself.

I have got my Learners License , Driving License (had to take test twice as first inspector wasnt satisfied with my parking using reverse), changes in RC book, removal of hypothecation. (phew quite a few)

I didnt pay approach any agent for any of this and got all of these done myself, took some visits, first time to get the form, then to submit the form with all documents as asked by them, then collection. But the satisfaction of getting the work done yourself is matchless.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:11   #15
BHPian

@tanwaramit - I guess you are talking about your experience in Delhi RTOs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks