Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 15:06   #1
BHPian

Bharti Axa Car Insurance

hello friends

How is this company as far as claims etc are concerned. my verna insurance is expiring in jan and i am getting calls from various agents regarding renewal of my policy. but what takes the cake is that maximum IDV which agents are giving me on my year old verna is 674000
and my own dealership is ofering 700700 As IDV from bharti axa with 16k as premium.
  1. So should i go ahead with dealership ???
  2. any other things which i need to ask from these guys ????
Waiting for reply .......
Old 12th December 2009, 15:12   #2
BHPian

Try TATA AIG

It has a clause where in by paying a couple of thousands extra you get a coverage which takes care of 100% of your expenses in case of a damage/accident/repair. you dont have to pay the 50% on plastics etc.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has a clause where in by paying a couple of thousands extra you get a coverage which takes care of 100% of your expenses in case of a damage/accident/repair. you dont have to pay the 50% on plastics etc.
Tata AIG looks good on paper, ask Mjothi who has had a pretty bad experience with Tata AIG so far when it comes to claims.

AFAIK, the most economical insurance I've found is Bajaj Allianz, some of us Tbhpians have recently got some good deals on our new cars.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I always say insurance is very personalized thing, so please avoid from the discussion of which company is better and which is not.

Bharti is still to make there name in this insurance industry if you have some reputed companies quote then please share it with this thread.

Tell your agent to give you quote on your IDV he should be able to give you that.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

What is your last year's car IDV?
Old 14th December 2009, 22:59   #6
BHPian

last year's car IDV is 749000
Old 15th December 2009, 08:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think your agent is giving you right value which is just 10% less from the last year's value which is minimum to be depreciated.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
last year's car IDV is 749000
Any update on your insurance, what you did finally?
Old 21st December 2009, 10:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Tata AIG looks good on paper, ask Mjothi who has had a pretty bad experience with Tata AIG so far when it comes to claims.
True. And same with Bharati AXA too. Atleast, they both are treating customer in same way. With all my interaction with the other BHPians and friends, I have figured out one thing. Its any day good to be with any nationalised / public Insurance company.

As of now, I would say Royal Sundaram, National Insurance and Oriental seems to be good. Again, it all depends on case to case. So, majority is what I mean here.

Note: If you have good contacts with some Insurance firms, then the above statement does not hold good. This is India

EDIT: I recently heard TATA-AIG has some addons or something like that which will cover bumper to bumper. So, all parts are normal depreciation. Not sure if thats true or some more hidden text somewhere.

Last edited by mjothi : 21st December 2009 at 10:58.
Old 21st December 2009, 11:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends had his insurance done from Axa. He had a bumper damage and him claim process was smooth.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2009, 11:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
True. And same with Bharati AXA too. Atleast, they both are treating customer in same way. With all my interaction with the other BHPians and friends, I have figured out one thing. Its any day good to be with any nationalised / public Insurance company.

As of now, I would say Royal Sundaram, National Insurance and Oriental seems to be good. Again, it all depends on case to case. So, majority is what I mean here.
I agree with you complitly when you say it is a case to case thing. As I recommend NEVER to go with public insurer as they are bad in case of service. "Baba Adam Ke Jamane Ka Service Hai - Aajbhi."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I recently heard TATA-AIG has some addons or something like that which will cover bumper to bumper. So, all parts are normal depreciation. Not sure if thats true or some more hidden text somewhere.
This a true information. Good policy on paper as I have not heard much on claims.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:35   #12
BHPian

Re: Bharti Axa Car Insurance

I am planning to buy Bharathi Axa 0 % depreciation policy for my beat LT.IDV is 3,55,500/- and premium is 12750/-I had a claim last year(Bumper Change).Is it a good company,in terms of claim?I never had an issue with the previous company(HDFC).
Old 8th November 2012, 13:28   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys
I have to renew my beat diesel's car insurance. While I bought it, It came with TATA AIG. I have not claimed any insurance so far. I enquired for bumper-bumper or the 0% depreciation insurance in TATA-AIG and got to know that my car is not applicable for 0% depreciation policy now. So I have got a call from Bharati AXA for the same. Could any of you please let me know how much its easy to do a claim in case of Bharati AXA?
Old 16th January 2013, 14:51   #14
BHPian

For people who did not know this information: (I just got to know)

Even if you have a 0% depreciation policy on your new car the premium request sent to you for the next will have the calculated value without the 0% depreciation added in your policy.

So you specifically have to inform that you need to extend the 0% Depreciation for the next year and pay the higher premium.
Have to do this every single year it seems.
Old 16th January 2013, 15:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Even if you have a 0% depreciation policy on your new car the premium request sent to you for the next will have the calculated value without the 0% depreciation added in your policy.
Is this not the case only when there is a claim in the policy year that the next year's renewal premium will be without zero dep clause. I was made aware by the SA who for reasons unknown had this habit of discouraging zero dep add ons.
If there is no claim, then the Insurers are more than happy to take that extra cash from you for zero dep during the next renewal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks