Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 12:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Who paid the loss the other car owner or his car insurance company?
I think he must have paid from his pocket. He would have used his insurence to claim for his own damages (his car was also badly damaged). As I said, other owner was hesitant to use the third party option as it invloved court etc.

Last edited by Guna : 8th February 2010 at 12:11.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think he must have paid from his pocket. He would have used his insurence to claim for his own damages (his car was also badly damaged). As I said, other owner was hesitant to use the third party option as it invloved court etc.
Please post the details of the loss claim and the payment etc. related to insurance.

Please do that.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Please post the details of the loss claim and the payment etc. related to insurance.

Please do that.
This had happened 5-6 years ago with one of my previous cars (NHC), so I don't remember all the details. My car which was parked was hit by another vehicle. The damage done to my car included front fender, front side etc. Repair cost came to around Rs. 10,000 and the insurance comany only santioned around 6,000. Rest of the repair cost+ around 3000 towards loss of NCB was recovered from the other owner.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Here is an update:
The "nice" guy has paid 5k (3k towards bumper repair, and 2k for the NCB amount). I cant do anything even if he refuses to pay the amount. (I have just his contact number and car number.)

The honda city was damaged bit heavily (front bumper, headlights, bonet bend etc.,), I was curious to find out the quote to repair that honda city - he said, dealer quoted ~40k for the repairs.

what are your experiences on dealing with the rude/not-nice guys?

Last edited by the_maven : 8th February 2010 at 14:44.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:45   #20
BANNED

Looks like all this third party damages in insurance is just plain silly. Nobody uses it and can use it if he wants to because the procedure is just too horrible.
Old 26th June 2010, 14:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Revivng an old thread.

My friend has gotten himself into a situation.
It seems there was a pile up. His was the last car. The first two cars were pretty badly banged up while his car was still driveable. No major damage as such. Cosmetic, maybe.

What he wants to know, is what are the legal implications of such a scenario? Now since the first two cars were pretty severly damaged, they were kinda fighting/sorting out the issues and my friend just slipped out.

From a garage, he got the bumper realigned and stuff, cost him 200 bucks.

Coming back to the real question, if it was a serious impact, what are ones choices?

1. If the first car is mine
2. If am 'sandwiched' between the two others
3. If am the last to join the party

Who is liable to pay what? Legally, in each case. Gurus please shed some light on this.
Would help in bad times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks