Team-BHP - New Elantra in 2007??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Elantra in 2007?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10020-new-elantra-2007-a-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 349428)
Its time Our govt makes ABS and Air bags compulsory (st least front ones if not curtains..)

It will only make cars more costlier... I can live without them and spend money elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 349454)
It will only make cars more costlier... I can live without them and spend money elsewhere.

Making them more expensive is agreed compared to existing prices, but they make cars much safer to drive too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 349498)
Making them more expensive is agreed compared to existing prices, but they make cars much safer to drive too.

Who cares... Air bags in Indian city traffic will not make a difference and not more than 10% of people drive on highway in india for what ever reasons.

Airbags agreed may not be of too much importance. But ABS is. It should be made compulsory.

You'll come to know when you actually experience it. Airbags go a long way in saving your life.

Your trying to save a few thousand rupees at the cost of safety of your own life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 349509)

Your trying to save a few thousand rupees at the cost of safety of your own life.

I think its much more than few thousands. I thnk each Airbag cost in octavia is 25k... I would prefer more equipped car instaed of spending 25k on airbag.

I was referring to the ABS and not the airbags.

Anyways The car looks pretty good. I saw quite a few in singapore. It's not called the elantra there but the Avante. It's sold with a petrol 1.6VTVT engine there.

The competition there is the Corolla, Nissan Sunny, Cedia, Civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 349517)
I was referring to the ABS and not the airbags.

Anyways The car looks pretty good. I saw quite a few in singapore. It's not called the elantra there but the Avante. It's sold with a petrol 1.6VTVT engine there.

The competition there is the Corolla, Nissan Sunny, Cedia, Civic.

Any idea when are they launching in India...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 349416)
If they can launch it at the price of the current elantra, it will be a winner here too.

Somehow, I dont think so. What about the Sonata? It is a wonderful car. We are too class conscious ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 349528)
Somehow, I dont think so. What about the Sonata? It is a wonderful car. We are too class conscious ....

Elantra cost around 10L and Sonata Diesel will surely cost more than 18-19L... So sonata cannot be Elanta's alternative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative (Post 349528)

agree:

The Verna CRDi would make a much more VFM buy compared to the City iDSi... But it still cant match the city's sales.. That too, in that price conscious segment...

Why??? For brand concious indians... Honda is honda, and hyundai is hyundai...

I guess the elantra will be priced the same as the current elantra when launched around 12lakhs.

they may try to sell both together for a short while like the accent. The accent is now built to order same case may happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 349535)
Elantra cost around 10L and Sonata Diesel will surely cost more than 18-19L... So sonata cannot be Elanta's alternative.

Err ... that is not what I meant. Crazy_Driver got it right ....

Went to Hyundai showroom to find when is new Elantra coming and they say it will be in showroom by March. Old Elantra has already stopped and they dont have stock of it...

Where is all this going to slot in? Already the price differential between the Verna and the existing Elantra isnt much.

The Elantra CRDi comes with the 2 litre motor which pumps out some 140 bhp. But HMIL have been telling us that the Sonata diesel will come with a 2 litre motor....2 cars with the same motor? If the new Elantra comes out at about 12 lakhs, it will be eating into Sonata territory.

Somewhere, HMIL has lost the art of pricing things right. The Verna should logically take the old Accent's price point, the new Elantra should take the current Elantra's current price point and the Sonata should remain where it is now (about 11.75). I think they need to look at their portfolio as a whole and clear the confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 349502)
Who cares... Air bags in Indian city traffic will not make a difference and not more than 10% of people drive on highway in india for what ever reasons.

Who cares??? I do!

My friend, you have obviously not been in a major accident or lost someone close in one... You are talking about 10% of the people driving on Indian highways which will be a big number. If one human life could be saved from my money spent on ABS/Airbags etc I would gladly spend it...

Please get off your high horse and gain some respect for human life. If this comes off as rude, its only because of the irresponsible statements you made.