Team-BHP - New Elantra in 2007??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Elantra in 2007?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10020-new-elantra-2007-a-6.html)

Went to Hyundai showroom to find when is new Elantra coming and they say it will be in showroom by March. Old Elantra has already stopped and they dont have stock of it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 351025)
Where is all this going to slot in? Already the price differential between the Verna and the existing Elantra isnt much.

The Elantra CRDi comes with the 2 litre motor which pumps out some 140 bhp. But HMIL have been telling us that the Sonata diesel will come with a 2 litre motor....2 cars with the same motor? If the new Elantra comes out at about 12 lakhs, it will be eating into Sonata territory.

Somewhere, HMIL has lost the art of pricing things right. The Verna should logically take the old Accent's price point, the new Elantra should take the current Elantra's current price point and the Sonata should remain where it is now (about 11.75). I think they need to look at their portfolio as a whole and clear the confusion.

Maybe things will evolve as you predict. The key differentiator between the Elantra and the Verna would probably be options - if you want airbags, traction control, etc in a Hyundai, you got to go for the Elantra..

agree:

every piece of safety equipment is for good. 10% of 100 crore is a good amount of people driving on highways..

Plus if you see Suzuki alto which in sold in europe has euronap rating of 3.5 or 4 and its equipped with airbags so not bad huh ? (Read it on BS motoring website)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 351032)
Who cares??? I do!

My friend, you have obviously not been in a major accident or lost someone close in one... You are talking about 10% of the people driving on Indian highways which will be a big number. If one human life could be saved from my money spent on ABS/Airbags etc I would gladly spend it...

Please get off your high horse and gain some respect for human life. If this comes off as rude, its only because of the irresponsible statements you made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 351032)
Who cares??? I do!
Please get off your high horse and gain some respect for human life. If this comes off as rude, its only because of the irresponsible statements you made.

If that is the case then we should stop selling lighter cars like wagon R on which airbags and ABS will not be of great use.

Thats why i always preferred buying unrefined cars like Tata Indica rather than going for japanese gems...

Quote:

If that is the case then we should stop selling lighter cars like wagon R on which airbags and ABS will not be of great use.
could you please elaborate why ABS and airbags will not be of use in lighter cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 351289)
could you please elaborate why ABS and airbags will not be of use in lighter cars?

On a highway i would prefer going in a heavier car like Indica rather than Wagan R with Airbags...

What would you prefer?

Quote:

Where is all this going to slot in? Already the price differential between the Verna and the existing Elantra isnt much.

The Elantra CRDi comes with the 2 litre motor which pumps out some 140 bhp. But HMIL have been telling us that the Sonata diesel will come with a 2 litre motor....2 cars with the same motor? If the new Elantra comes out at about 12 lakhs, it will be eating into Sonata territory.

Somewhere, HMIL has lost the art of pricing things right. The Verna should logically take the old Accent's price point, the new Elantra should take the current Elantra's current price point and the Sonata should remain where it is now (about 11.75). I think they need to look at their portfolio as a whole and clear the confusion.

agree:

But... The Verna CRDi doesnt com fully loaded... So, they can give the elantra a bit more features, and price it around 10L...

However... If the Optra diesel comes out on time, the elantra could have some very serious competition...

Quote:

The Elantra CRDi comes with the 2 litre motor which pumps out some 140 bhp. But HMIL have been telling us that the Sonata diesel will come with a 2 litre motor....2 cars with the same motor?

I think they'll detune the engine in the Elantra to 120bhp or thereabouts. Well in any case they should do that to ensure enough gap between segments.

Quote:

Well that is the policy they should pursue but I think they're making the same mistake that Skoda's made with the Laura & MUL is going to make with the Baleno. In a bid to maximise profits they're pricing themselves out of the game & later will have to resort to heavy discounts to push their vehicles which doesn't do any good for either the company's image nor the vehicle's resale. Look at what reputation the Elantra & Sonata have in the market today due to the heavy discounts being offered on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 351300)
agree:

However... If the Optra diesel comes out on time, the elantra could have some very serious competition...

Any idea when is Optra diesel coming...

Quote:

On a highway i would prefer going in a heavier car like Indica rather than Wagan R with Airbags...

What would you prefer?
my reply in the related thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post351423

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 351295)

What would you prefer?

We want airbags does not necessarily mean the build quality can be compromised. To answer your question straight

I'll prefer to drive a heavier and better built car with airbags than one without airbags.

The embera has just been launched with the latest 2L engine.

This means 2 things, no diesel engine for elantra or detuned version of the 2L engine.

The new elantra may get the 2.0 litre crdi vgt 125 bhp engine present on the Hyundai santa fe's

the new elantra is out in the middle east. i can safely say that it looks a good bet for India. It has good a few good things going for it:

1. Good Looks
2. Brilliant diesel
3. Funky Interiors
4. Good service network

This is one looks and feels like a winner....

high time they cahnged the look, current version is not very appealing in looks.