Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Endeavour 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Focus will be the only "New" model launch. By New model i mean, one that India has never had.

Endeavour will also be launched by next year.
Oh, so you actually meant the introduction of a New name, A model which India hasn't seen in the past. Now I get it Will the engines be all new as well?
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Endeavour 2012

Guys,

I am sorry but this thread is news only in the first post, all the other posts are just speculation. Do not think its adding any value to it.

Guess we should lock this thread until we have any further info.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford reveals all-new Endeavour!

Source and pic courtesy - Ford’s new Endeavour to take on Fortuner - News - Autocar India

Quote:
For a start, that outdated upright and boxy look is gone. In its place, a taut, toned muscular form, that has a hint of contemporary sophistication. The new grille conveys plenty of ruggedness, the cowl looks tough enough to run through a wall unscathed and Ford has used many cues earlier seen on their successful ‘light’ trucks in the US.

The insides are an even bigger breath of fresh air, especially for this middle-of-the-road SUV. Ford says it wanted to achieve a sort of G-Shock-watch-like rugged techiness on the inside, and to this end you can see plenty of modern but robust looking forms. The insides look tough enough to withstand a sledgehammer, the design of the protruding central console is chamfered with all sorts of protective ridges, and there is a strong simplicity to the steering wheel and instrument panel. Second- and third-row passengers are expected to get more legroom and space, the massive glovebox can take a full sized laptop and Ford says it has paid plenty of attention to making space for electronic gadgets used in today’s digital age.

The mammoth Endy will be all-new under the skin as well. There’s a new, stiffer ladder chassis, plenty of electronic driver aids and there are two new engines too. A smaller-capacity 148bhp 2.2 diesel will replace the 2.5 currently available, and for those hooked on torque there is a new 3.2-litre inline five-cylinder that puts out 198bhp and 48kgm of twist!

All in all, a really exciting new SUV from Ford; one that has the potential to shake things up.
New Ford Endeavour 2012-0_0_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20111208060555_ford_endy.jpg

Note from Moderator: Thread merged with the existing thread. Ford has not revealed the new Endeavour yet, this is just a guess by ACI. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th December 2011 at 14:58. Reason: see note in post
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 12:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford reveals all-new Endeavour!

At first glance it looked like a swollen up Tavera with the rear of a Fortuner I dont think the 2.2 engine will be introduced in India. Will feel underpowered for the price it will command.

Any interior rendering?
Old 8th December 2011, 13:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ford's problem has always been more to do with pricing. And with XUV ruling roost, I hope someone in Ford use the stuff above their shoulders and come out with some decent pricing.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:09   #36
BHPian

The current Endy looks a lot better
They redesigned the Tavera to make it look like a Fortrunner.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:10   #37
BHPian

^^^ and they took inspiration from evoque too.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:11   #38
BHPian

I am an Endeavour owner + fan and with all my right and affection for Ford, I proudly say this: I HATE THAT VEHICLE pictured here :( Please don't do this Ford. Get your Explorer here instead.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

The current model has unbelievable performance on the highway, I saw one doing 140+ with a full load of passengers and luggage. The new 3.2 should take it to a whole new level. Wonder what the suspension will be like and Ford should take that giant leap and offer climate control, which is available on cars that cost a quarter of the Endy's OTR. The looks are no match for the current Endy, which says full size like nothing else at that price.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:34   #40
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Not sure how to react. This looks as bad as the current outdated design.
Too many inspirations, right from Tavera, fortuner, a whole bunch of trucks and wee bit of Hummer.

Why is Ford still stuck in the last decade as far as this design is concerned?
Old 8th December 2011, 13:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

If only ford can price it right and undercut the other competitors in this segment, also provide no nonsense A.S.S. Cant really say just looking at pictures hopefully it will look awesome in real.

Ford needs to fix the seating as well, the current one is really really low for small frame drivers like me. Also please get Manual with all engine options AT is no fun (at least for me)
Old 8th December 2011, 13:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

The rear portion is a bad photoshop attempt of the Ford Ranger pickup truck recently launched in Thailand.

I am sure the new Endy based on the Ford Ranger should have much better looking rear

New Ford Endeavour 2012-all_new_ranger_5.jpg

Last edited by anachronix : 8th December 2011 at 13:38.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 13:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a love child of Range Rover Evoque and a Hummer raised by Ford

I feel it will look nice in person and finally we may have an alternative to the Fortuner.

I have attached an image of the Ford Rangers Interior, Endy is based on the Ranger and hence we shall see the same interior in the Endy !
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Endeavour 2012-2012_ford_ranger_interior_01.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 13:50   #44
dot
Senior - BHPian

Thick grill theme seems to be the in-thing (F150, Explorer) these days.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:01   #45
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Link: SRK Designs | Facebook

I had made this rendering a very long time back.
The rear will have a sloping line than the almost vertical tail gate as shown in pic by autocar.

Still these are just speculations, the real deal might just turn out to be totally different.

Honestly speaking the car has looked its macho image and now looks more like a family vehicle.

Last edited by SRK : 8th December 2011 at 14:02.
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks