Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 07:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Accent hatchback: should it be launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
@ Vigneshnr: What is the Verna 'RS' all about. I have never heard about it and googling never threw up any results as well? Thought the RS was only for the Skodas

Err.. Its Verna RB - Typing mistake . Possibly RS is so much ingrained in my mind .
This upgrade is being launched in a week's time.

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th May 2011 at 10:48. Reason: Quote tag fixed. Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 11:32   #17
BHPian

IMHO, Hyundai will not launch this car in India as this is sure to become a dud in terms of sales

Hyundai's core competency is in the entry level car and this is premium product at this point Hyundai should concentrate on

1. Replacing the Santro
2. Launching a nano equivalent
3. i10
4. increase i20 mkt share
5. New verna launch and gain mkt share
Old 5th May 2011, 20:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Accent hatchback does not make sense for our country. We already have the i20, which is the best selling premium Hatchback at ~8000 units/month and is pretty much as good as the upcoming Verna.

I cannot think of a price point where the Verna hatch can be positioned successfully. The new Verna range will be well spread out with lots of variants with 4 engines and 2 gearboxes on offer.
You are right. I don't think Hyundai India would even consider it. With new Verna in Sedan form, few people would be interested in a heavily priced hatchback. Let's hope it would be a successor to i20.
Old 5th May 2011, 21:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

The car seems to be long. Would cross the 4m mark pretty easily and thus would be expensive without the excise duty exemption. Also there is too little space between the i20 and the Verna to bring in the Verna hatch. Hyundai will not consider this for sure.
Old 6th May 2011, 08:37   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Before people think that this hatch is of regular hatch size, let me put this clear that this is as big as the current accent, its more like the Accent Viva than an i20 which didn't sell as well as the regular Accent.
This almost look like a notchback, and if I am right, this is also known as the i25. Anyway, pricey 2-box variants are yet to find acceptance in our country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks