Team-BHP - CR-V Charcha!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   CR-V Charcha! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10109-cr-v-charcha.html)

Could CR-V owners and others who know about the CR-V kindly let the rest of us know what mileage one gets in everyday city use with the A/C on at all times? (I’ve heard one gets just 5-6.5kmpl)… It would be nice if you all could also let the rest of us know which year the CR-V currently being sold in India was launched internationally and what are the other pros and cons of the CR-V. Thanks in advance.

A sunroof would’ve been nice on the CR-V, but even a few of my fellow Team-BHPians say I always ask for too much… I’m a reasonable man and I don’t think I do. :I Rule:

lol: Don't tell me there is not one CR-V owner on our Team?!! Also, seeing no replies to this thread makes me think we Team-BHPians aren't very fond of the CR-V.

Jaggu did a wonderful review on the CRV - do a search

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Jaggu did a wonderful review on the CRV - do a search

Wow! I ran a search twice on CR-V... Let me try again. Thanks a bunch, Ajmat! :)

Here's one by Revvmaster
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...highlight=CR-V

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohit

Thanks a whole bunch, Mohit... Believe it or not, I ran a search for a third time and still couldn't find that review Ajmat mentioned... Maybe because I was at work and surfing from there is always stressful or maybe because I'm simply that stupid. Off for a fourth try now...

Can someone post the link to that review Amjat mentioned and then we can ask the Mods to lock this thread if needed.

Most people i know who own a CRV confirm a fuel efficiency of around 6kpl in city.

Arush

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
Most people i know who own a CRV confirm a fuel efficiency of around 6kpl in city.

Arush

Interesting how 6kmpl killed the Standard 2000 (yeah it had other issues, but 6 kmpl was the killer) back then and is considered acceptable now.....

Boom

We have a wonderfl search facility. Anyway here goes

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...irst-days.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...3-5-k-kms.html

@steeroid: back then, it was the time when maruti and F.E were the priorities in a consumer's mind. try launching the Sierra, NOW, with a gullwing, 4x4 and a "lifestyle" tag attached to it, and i'm sure it'll sell. the point being that some products like the std 2000, RD 350, etc. were launched MUCH ahead of their time...but i guess you are right; the mentalities of people ARE changing, ever so slowly...perhaps we are going the exact opposite way of the firangis- in abroad, 5-6 kmpl used to be the norm BACK THEN, but they're "upgrading" to 10-15 kmpl machines now....

@mrboombastic: i guess 5 kmpl is a li'l low. from what i have heard, people have reported in the region of 7 kmpl, with a/c (talking about the auto here). the manual does a little better though, and gives about 9...

Thank you, Arush Bhai, Veyron1 and Ajmat :). Aj, I did use the search option, but just couldn't find it.

OFF TOPIC, KINDLY EXCUSE!! Steerman, I feel you are steering me the right way... Lord! Finally I know what the target is and can go in for the kill. Shhh! Secret!! ... Let's just hope ingress and egress are not a problem for MotorMom when it comes to our secret wheels. Coming Monday is the chosen day.

I really don't understand why Honda doesnt offer the CR-V here with their 2.2i CDTI diesel engine when the whole world knows India is diesel country. Also, when it comes to armrests, only the CR-V A/T has armrests and that too those like found in the 2004 Scorpio GLX (storage bin optional at a price of a little over 8,000/- and this can't be fixed on the CR-V M/T as it hinders gearshifts).

As far as the available petrol CR-V goes, I must say that the 2.4L/ 152bhp@6000rpm engine with a maximum torque of 215.3nm@3600rpm is simply superb to drive. The Drive-By-Wire the '05 CR-V incorprates just adds to the pleasure.

Boom, one of my friend owns a CR-V and he is pretty satisfied with its performance. He uses CR-V mostly for long drives where it supposedly returns 11-12kmpl. According to what I know is again its a typical Honda, boringly reliable, not so encouraging interiors, phenominal power(faster than old city vtec after 100kmph) and fairly good ride quality. Suppose to be a great handler with one size rubber upgrade and everything else like the clutch, gear box, noise damping etc is typical Honda.

If FE isnt your concern, I would say go for it but mind you this aint a SUV its only an urban SUV so harcore offroading is not what you would wanna do with this one...This one is more for 5people, luggage and highways...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Boom, one of my friend owns a CR-V and he is pretty satisfied with its performance. He uses CR-V mostly for long drives where it supposedly returns 11-12kmpl. According to what I know is again its a typical Honda, boringly reliable, not so encouraging interiors, phenominal power(faster than old city vtec after 100kmph) and fairly good ride quality. Suppose to be a great handler with one size rubber upgrade and everything else like the clutch, gear box, noise damping etc is typical Honda.

If FE isnt your concern, I would say go for it but mind you this aint a SUV its only an urban SUV so harcore offroading is not what you would wanna do with this one...This one is more for 5people, luggage and highways...

I agree 100% on the interiors... Even the 2003 Corolla sweeps the CR-V clean on interiors, digital display for Automatic A/C, center armrest with storage and the music system too. I also agree that the CR-V handles exceptionally well :). Fuel economy is not what really really worries me, Wolf bhai... What really really worries me is the interiors.

As the Fortuner wont be launched till 2007 dec - 2008 jan and the Tucson being as pathetic as it is (No keyless entry and so on at a price of 17.93L OTR in Chennai), I really don't have a choice, but to go in for the CR-V if I want a SUV type vehicle. I can't buy bigger/ taller SUVs as MotorMom will be using the vehicle (with her health I need to consider ingress and egress) too and I'm sick and tired of maintaining 2-3 cars at the same time after all these years of doing just that... I mean it takes enough effort and time to keep one car spotless and dent free these days.

I Forgot, while I love the torque packed engine on the X-Trail... It's just not worth the 10lakh premium it commands over the CR-V (especially with the speedometer cluster in the center and not above the steering which takes the drivers eyes off the road for a longer time and that can lead to accidents)... Again, leaving only the CR-V as a good choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
I agree 100% on the interiors... .................................................. ..... cars at the same time after all these years of doing just that... I mean it takes enough effort and time to keep one car spotless and dent free these days.

will you ever be able to select a car? :Frustrati