Team-BHP - OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/102294-omg-scoop-pics-hm-ambassador-pick-up-truck-spotted-edit-launched-veer-7.html)

Well to be honest, I quite like the bonnet of the car. Design is ofcourse not cohesive in anyway possible, but some design elements are 'quirky cool'.
At 3.3lakhs and a TG that cares more about functionality than design form, it might sell in decent numbers.
Development costs for the vehicle would be so low that it might actually be a commercially good decision for HM.

The grill is plastic or metal ? Where has the chrome gone ?

And what have they done to the curves and folds on the bonnet ? :Shockked: OMG that is also gone... Looks like they dropped the bonnet and got it flat...

I feel cheated to see such a thing.. HM should let ambassador die peacefully and more importantly gracefully. This is like strangling the legacy of a car that has stood defiantly against the tides of time and survived onslaughts of Japanese, koreans and americans and others.

Poor old Amby.. My heart goes out to you.

Veer-Hmmm
Name and its age suggest that they should have launched it during Mahabharatlol:
I mean seriously whats the utility of this thing?
somehow it looks like mod job by a road side mechanic.:Frustrati

HM is taking on Mayapuri and Dabwali in terms of open heart surgery of vehicles!

poor amby....please:

look at that sad face of the Amby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thilak29 (Post 2460901)
HM today launched Veer, utility version of good old Ambassador.

It reminds something old

The front grille looks blasphemous on the classic design.The plastic quality must be very poor.The overall execution of the design is quite poor and shoddy.
But this grille should not make its entry with a bang in a Refreshed Amby!

what a launch event. just a simple Rs. 1000 Vinyl flex behind and few workers of the company.

A simple square/rectangular dabba on wheels would have looked better, much better.
Can't believe a Company coming up with such a product in todays times but then this is Indian engineering feat for you...!

It took so long for HM to go through their History books for this? I expected a better product.

Quote:

01. Who are these corporate guys in suits?

02. Have they discovered a new segment - The Undertaker (Mortician)?

03. Will the second half follow the first half?

04. Students from which engineering college were involved?

Quote:

HM today launched Veer, utility version of good old Ambassador.
It reminds something old

'Veer' should not become a mule. Old wine in an old bottle

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 2461159)
The front grille looks blasphemous on the classic design.The plastic quality must be very poor.The overall execution of the design is quite poor and shoddy.
But this grille should not make its entry with a bang in a Refreshed Amby!

You said it about the grill. I also feel that this should not get into the Amby.
After 53 years the bonnet has gone below the hammer.
From the picture the bonnet resembles the Penant's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2461171)
what a launch event. just a simple Rs. 1000 Vinyl flex behind and few workers of the company.

They are following the TATA docomo style - Keep it simple, silly. For all you know the second most expensive item that evening would have been the samosa channa the managers had

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2461171)

Who else with a decent job and a frame of mind will attend a HM launch event, specially for this contraption?
And whats that grill??????

I can only think of one reason (Overall Excuse) for VEER -

HM's PR Statement in Dec-2011- "Since the recently launched VEER did not do well in the Global market, We have decided to close the complete assy line of Amby, thus, finally closing down a 60~ year history"

Guys you are missing the whole point in the launch of the Veer. It is simply a subtle message for prospective HM customers and shareholders — Veer off!

This 'Veer' looks like one big contraption on wheels. What was HM thinking? There are much better pickups available in the current market both form and function wise like Xenon, Bolero Pickup, Genio etc