Team-BHP - OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/102294-omg-scoop-pics-hm-ambassador-pick-up-truck-spotted-edit-launched-veer-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 2462352)
Don't HM have a small truck to compete against the Ace already? Why build this then? God!!! What were they thinking?

Yes that's the question that came to my mind too. I really don't understand the whole idea behind this excersise.

Do flatening of the hood / bonet has resulted in cost saving, no no only in tooling it will save money. But then they already have tooling from ages and recently got the tooling redone again (some years ago). The why why spend money on that flat bonnet tooling. Have they gone Bonkers.

The winner is approx around 3.75 to 4.5 L, but then there is no BS IV diesel offering from them. The have a CNG BS IV compliant engine for the winner tough.

Well if they would have invested the same amount of money in expanding the Winner, definitely they would have got the price quotient in around 3.5 L.

As for the grill, no comments. India is said to be a county with a lot of creativity and artistic skills, is this a true representation of that. Mahindra already made a mess in design department in lot of its offerings.

One observation I have made is that Quirky design sell well in India. Lets hope HM too does well. Was this the rationale behind this product.

I don't know anything about auto design.

But, i can design a better pickup with
(A) An old Amby,
(B) help of good roadside tinkerer/welder.
(C) some sheet metal.

Kolkota TBHPians! Need to find the guy who supplies "weed" to HM engineers.

I hope this cr@p does not sell in Kerala. Then I may have to sell the Amby...

Am I seeing something real in the last 2 pages ? Looks like the rear of dear old Amby is crashed into an ACE while reversing !!! HM has such a bad group of designers ? Or are they paid by someone to put the whole image into utter shame ? Its really disappointing !!

Kill me, but the Veer LX with the integrated loading bay looks much better than the load carrying version, still the front grille and the bonnet spoils the looks.
And while they keep on dusting their history books for inspiration, let them relaunch the station wagon version of the Amby and if they haven't forgotten a car called the Contessa ,if launched would be much grateful to them.

Is it just me or is the whole of Team-Bhp wanting HM to bring back the Contessa?

A dedicated thread on Team-bhp then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 2467380)
Is it just me or is the whole of Team-Bhp wanting HM to bring back the Contessa?

A dedicated thread on Team-bhp then?

:OT, but of course yes, and i can see you creating a thread for it.
Coming back, no other photos of the Veer or TD and even the HM site refuses to acknowledge it.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2466963)
But, i can design a better pickup with
(A) An old Amby,
(B) help of good roadside tinkerer/welder.
(C) some sheet metal.

Kolkota TBHPians! Need to find the guy who supplies "weed" to HM engineers.

Don't go anywhere near Kolkata, HM will catch hold of you and ask to start a design dept.:Frustrati

Jokes apart, I feel that at present there are no guys with common sense in HM design leave alone Engineers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 2467457)
:OT, but of course yes, and i can see you creating a thread for it.
Coming back, no other photos of the Veer or TD and even the HM site refuses to acknowledge it.:D

The thread is up too.

Also, about the website, it never gave good information and visuals in the first place.

A few years ago I saw this documentary where it showed how things are bad at HM due to political interference and workers union control. Also with the Birla group looking towards newer businesses, HM has struggled to love and nourishment from the owners.

Veer? Every one would sneer. What a contraption! Butchered the timeless classic Amby. And these are the guys whom Mitsubishi adores.:Frustrati

It will be good if they change their name too along with the state. Its a disgrace to see "hindustan" on that hoarding. It reminds me of those shows where people build things in junkyards and compete.

Please see the below press release. New vehicle?! :Shockked: Honoured our commitment!! :Frustrati

KOLKATA, August 8, 2011: India’s pioneering car company Hindustan Motors Ltd. (HM) launched VEER, a 0.8-tonne (800 kg) small commercial vehicle (SCV) here today, kick-starting the company’s plans to introduce more vehicles in the current financial year.
Notably, the company’s Chairman, Mr. C K Birla, had announced the imminent launch of a slew of new vehicles at HM’s annual general meeting held here on August 4.
“We have honoured our commitment by launching VEER. More new vehicles will follow suit. These will come both from our Uttarpara plant in West Bengal, where we manufacture the iconic Ambassador and other vehicles, and our Chennai facility where we build the Mitsubishi range of vehicles. Our bouquet of offerings is set to expand at a fast pace due to our reinforced emphasis on new product development,” stated Mr. Manoj Jha, HM’s Managing Director, after unveiling the new vehicle.

Veer has been launched a "little" late. Just about 20 years late. But it would be fast. Fast in winding up.

Auto Journo Sirish Chandran gets behind the wheel of one such prototype:

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d607untuiaawbzs.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d62vax0wkamwzbe.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d62vaxzw4aacpd7.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d62vaxzwsaaahwf.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d609vsruiaevp0r.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d60j4wyuiaac_nb.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d62vax0wwae3www.jpeg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-d609vsrueaehfww.jpeg

^^^
See if you can unearth pictures of something called the Porter from HM.

Regards
Sutripta

I've been waiting for an update on this since 2011. Well, not actually, but the first thought that went through my mind then was the same as today.
Which was, how retro would it be turn this into a 1950s f150? It's halfway there, not just in terms of the shape, but unfortunately, also in terms of the engine, and interiors!!
If i had the money, patience and time......