Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 12:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 20-30 lakh Quick Car Guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, thats correct. Thats the reason why, I mentioned in India in brackets. Lexus still needs to catch up on the snob value that a Merc or Bimmer get here in India.
My mistake, in the earlier post for the first sentence I forgot to mention India. I was talking about India. At least in the metros Lexus is known well enough. Though many people call it lesus.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 16:31   #32
BHPian

Lexus not sharing the same brand-value in India. I do not agree. Brand Image is and must be calculated amongst buyers and/or pottential buyers. Just as somebody else said, Lexus is one of the most sought after cars (amongst buyers worldwide i.e. including India). You can take a que from bollywood, politics and industry owners alike. You might really wan't to look at the number of Lexus SuV's that made their way to affluent Indians during the last decade and a half. I have used the word "brand-value" and not "snob-value" because:

From the day Bhenji (viz. Mayawati) started 'riding' it, the shareholders of Lexus have decided to commit suicide. Cheers!!

Last edited by Samridh : 28th July 2011 at 16:32.
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:38   #33
BHPian

A real nice review Akshay.

I would go hands down for the Honda Accord, for its overall VFM package, but for the Petrol only version. Petrol prices in India are soaring sky-high. But heard rumours that Honda is soon bringing up its diesel engine. Can you please throw some light in that regard?

If brand value is what you want, BMW has no match in this segment whatsoever.

For comfort, I would choose the Skoda Superb (didn't get a chance to sit in a Teana yet)

The Camry seems to be the Biggest in the segment.

Rest of the cars just don't match up.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:34   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
A real nice review Akshay.

I would go hands down for the Honda Accord, for its overall VFM package, but for the Petrol only version. Petrol prices in India are soaring sky-high. But heard rumours that Honda is soon bringing up its diesel engine. Can you please throw some light in that regard?
After owning a Honda Accord V6 I would not buy another one new. The build quality is ok, though rattles do crop up. The suspension is again nothing great, handling is crap. Only the engines are good. Compared to the Euro cars the Hondas cannot match in build, features, handling, ride. The older Accord which I have is better than the new Accord in terms of handling, and fun to drive factor.

All I can say is that Honda needs to bring in the diesel ASAP.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
All I can say is that Honda needs to bring in the diesel ASAP.
Dont you just love it, when all discussions pertaining to a D segment car, come and stop at this sentence! I have seen so many threads (incl mine) that rule out the Accord mainly for the lack of a diesel engine. With the Honda reliability and stellar A$$, a diesel Accord has the potential to set the D Segment on fire.
Sadly, for Honda, you can either have your cake or eat it. Not both.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:29   #36
BHPian

>>>

Simple : the Bimmer to drive and the Teana to be driven in.
Now to get the cash.

Regards, drive safe
Old 4th August 2011, 04:46   #37
BHPian

^^
But what if you want one car to do both
Id take the Superb Diesel anyday. And even though fellow bhpians have stated that you feel like a limo driver in it, id say otherwise. Its a pleasure to drive. And it most definitely feels like a limo when being driven in. Its got a perfect balance between wanting to drive it & also be driven in.
That DSG should be considered the future for all automatics for sure & the diesel powerplant has shocking pulling power, even for such a heavy car.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:15   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
^^
But what if you want one car to do both
Id take the Superb Diesel anyday. And even though fellow bhpians have stated that you feel like a limo driver in it, id say otherwise. Its a pleasure to drive. And it most definitely feels like a limo when being driven in. Its got a perfect balance between wanting to drive it & also be driven in.
That DSG should be considered the future for all automatics for sure & the diesel powerplant has shocking pulling power, even for such a heavy car.
Oh boy I missed this post, yes what you say about the Superb is true. But they should bring in the 170bhp engine now, its high time.

Also looks like I need to update this thread with the new cars being released.
Old 5th April 2012, 07:43   #39
BHPian

>>>
Amongst all the good news is the gloomy one (gloomy for all those who love the BMW for what it used to stand for) - with naturally aspirated in-line sixes and hydraulic steering making way for smaller turbo charged engines with electric steering, especially at the entry level. So, although Bimmers have become more comfortable and spacious and more drive-able in low speed city driving thanks to Indian customers, it will be a pity if we have to sacrifice 'pure' driving pleasure. Will the new 328i be an inline six? BMW's global site shows 325i and 325d with in line sixes.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks