Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 09:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: HM-Mitsubishi : A slew of launches coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Sad the Lancer isn't even the future plan. That with a diesel engine would have been really good.
Yes, it still baffles me why they decided not to bring the new Lancer to India when it was launched in 2007.

On second thoughts, it is good that the new Lancer (now old) is not in the current plan. It is really showing its age, and if launched now, they would have made us live with another aging Lancer for next 10 years.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 09:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

They had some plans for RVR. What happened? Some news on that showed up.
Now nothing on that? They should have had it in their line-up.

The next big boom segment would have to be the Compact X-Over.
Old 6th August 2011, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Although here we are discussing the new launches by HM, today news paper states that to avoid going into BIFR HM has sold it's land in Gujrat, I don't have very high hopes for the future of the company.
I feel it will be better to stay away from products untill HM clears it's financial standing
Old 6th August 2011, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

The CRDI engine would probably be for the Pajero / Montero. Unless they get smart & get one in the Outlander too !!

Cheers
Old 6th August 2011, 11:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its sad that HM-Mitsubishi is still keen on exploring age old Ambassador platform and not even considering anything for A & B segment which can win them both bread and butter.

Why not Colt & RVR?
Old 6th August 2011, 11:23   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[*]A 7 to 9-seater commercial passenger carrier on the Ambassador platform[*]A 9-10 seater passenger carrier on the LCV Winner platform[*]A Euro IV-compliant CRDI diesel[/list]
Why is the MUV on the Amby platform being called 'commercial', don't they plan to sell it to private buyers or is it too crude.?
Also no news about the Amby CS and other variants
And clueless about the CRDi engine, but still a good step forward.
And after seeing the new scoop pics of the Amby pick up in ACI, am kinda liking it.

Last edited by DicKy : 6th August 2011 at 11:50.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Slew of launches which does not include new Lancer? Well, what can I say? Some people will never learn. HM is a big millstone around the neck of Mitsubishi which is weighing Mitsu down. Don't know why can't Mitsubishi see this? If they really had to partner up with an Indian firm, they should have chosen Tata or Mahindra.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Although new products are being launched by HM_Mitsu which was dormant for quite long time, its a pity that the Cedia and Lancer are not part of the new beginning. Why is Mitsu still hanging around with HM, they should get out of the rut immediately.

Reading the thread topic, I assumed that there will be something by Mitsubishi regarding the Colt, but alas no such thing. Pretty sad.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:08   #24
BHPian

Well, it's so easy to ask a manufacturer to launch x or y number of cars. In case they are not doing so could be because of few reasons - assuming incompetence and/or laziness got nothing to do with it.

Hm-Mitsubishi are so lazy that I wouldn't be surprised if Renault has more types on the road than them in a few months.

I wonder how Colt would change their fortunes. They would have to assemble here for any worthwhile pricing.
And all these new cars mentioned by GTO- meh, I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited by rtandon : 6th August 2011 at 13:16.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If they really had to partner up with an Indian firm, they should have chosen Tata or Mahindra.
And gone the Fiat or Renault (Logan) way? Though better than Mitsubishi's condition, It's not really what Fiat or Renault wanted! Renault have done the sensible thing and washed their hands off the Logan and repositioned themselves as a aspirational brand with the Fluence. When they launch their hatch (Clio?) they'd have already built a *premium* image in the consumers mind and the hatch should do well.

Mitsubishi, its time for you to break free and start your second innings in India. Come on.
Old 6th August 2011, 14:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised they have not planned to launch the Colt in India. I am sure it would be a good bet in the hatch segment (i10 etc).
Old 6th August 2011, 20:08   #27
BHPian

Why would HM-Mitsubishi launch a new version of a car that sells the lowest in their range and of all cars in India? They better concentrate on the segments they have more presence or try-out new segments.
Old 6th August 2011, 20:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Whats funny is that they arent planning to bring in the Lancer. We have been waiting for it for years !! I think now its almost time for the next gen Lancer. This ones been arnd since 2007. (referring to the one selling abroad and not the Cedia and the Original Lancer)
Old 6th August 2011, 21:34   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

First bold move Mitsu needs to make is to dump HM. As long as they have those bozos in their JV, they will keep producing vehicles like multi-colored SUVs with 108 bhp engines.
Old 6th August 2011, 21:48   #30
AWD
BHPian

Somehow news from Mitsu-HM fails to excite. They've beaten the word "slow" by a mile.

Pricing more than anything will hold the key. For the Pajero Sport, they can't afford to overshoot Fortuner's pricing.

For Outlander, they would need a diesel motor more than 7seats config.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks