Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 05:30   #31
BHPian

Re: VW Vento: Pay VW 30k+ for their "price increase". Get less features

@SR-71, I don't think this would happen. I doubt if any manufacturer can get away with changing the heart of the car without informing the customers. It would severely affect the image of the company.

By the way, I had written to VW about the missing leather on the steering and the chrome highlights. Expected no response, but did it anyway as I thought I'd let the mothership know how a customer feels about these tiny details.
Old 21st August 2011, 07:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Difference of price anywhere between 50K to a lakh for a diesel car as compared to a similar spec petrol is expected . This is the case in developed countries too and boils down to the fact that diesel engines are more expensive to make. In India the on road price difference gets aggravated due to measures such as penal tax on diesel vehicles and also reported move to hike insurance cost of diesel cars by some convoluted logic.
Agreed that the difference in tune of around 50-75K On Road seems reasonable, TATA for instance has a difference of around 60K, FIAT had a price difference of around 1.35L when Linea was launched, do not know the difference now.

So it looks like it is a combination of costs + Caching in on the diesel sentiment.
In Europe as far as I know the price differential is in terms of more economical diesel motor than the fuel cost differential.
Old 21st August 2011, 18:00   #33
Team-BHP Support

Strangely, the website still has all the said deleted features. See attached screenshots from VW India Website. Can't this be termed as a case of false claims?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento: Pay VW 30k+ for their "price increase". Get less features-vento-interiors.jpg  

VW Vento: Pay VW 30k+ for their "price increase". Get less features-vento-interiors2.jpg  

Old 21st August 2011, 18:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Strangely, the website still has all the said deleted features. See attached screenshots from VW India Website. Can't this be termed as a case of false claims?
I doubt. This is what the disclaimer on every page says:

Quote:
* The information, pictures, colours, and specifications contained within the Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited website are presented as a general guide to the products and accessories offered by Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited. Although every effort has been made to ensure that such information is correct and up to date, no warranty is provided that all such information is reliable, complete, accurate or without error. In some cases pictures of overseas models may be shown as a guide. Therefore, Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited does not accept liability for damages of any kind resulting from the access or use of this site and its contents.
Unless these things are tossed in the media, VW would care less to fix them, either on the website or in the cars!

Last edited by nileshch : 21st August 2011 at 18:44.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 18:47   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I doubt. This is what the disclaimer on every page says:
Thanks Nilesh. That indeed is an ideal way to cover from legal hassles. That said, the 2nd screenshot are of the standard features mentioned for different variants of the Vento.

Anyway, these are not deal breakers IMO, but from a customer focus (and ethical) standpoint, VW should have kept it more transparent by updating the website.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice catch vb-san!

VW can well hide behind the curtain of "legal requirements satisfied" but this is a question of building trust with the customer. And this seems to be where Veedub has failed miserably. One hopes they will clean up their act soon.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Anyway, these are not deal breakers IMO, but from a customer focus (and ethical) standpoint, VW should have kept it more transparent by updating the website.
Yes, VW has acted a little sly in this specific case. However, when I keep discovering the tiny niceties in the car, I can ignore this case as they have really thought about some features in the car and not skimped on quality there.
Old 21st August 2011, 20:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@SR-71,
@basky- 16K corporate discount is standard across the country. You just have to be firm and demand it. They will give you a lot of bull and demand all kinds of paperwork but eventually they would have to give you that.
Did not do my homework and I am just a newbie now! One more reason to be on TBHP.

Now things are beginning to make sense - I think the dealer is playing a game of creating an artificial shortage here to keep the 16K for themselves. Neat profit!

VW better wake up to the sharp practices of their dealers - if they dont want to lose out in the long run.
Old 21st August 2011, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

We got a Vento 2 weeks back and i was a little upset to see my highlines interiors look like the trendline with the lack of chrome on the steering wheel and the headlight switch. I asked the dealership as to why this had happened and they simply put the blame on VW for supplying them cars without the 2 parts. It is indeed disappointing and even the display cars at the showroom dont actually represent what one actually gets now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks