Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 10:52   #301
Team-BHP Support

re: Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L

When can we expect an official Team BHP review on this? I would like to see some photographs and a detailed write-up about this car, and the mods would be the best at it. It can be attached to the Laura review, since the cars are basically the same!

Rush, what gives?
Old 18th September 2011, 21:41   #302
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Bro , are you sure the vRS stands for Victor Rally Sport ? i'm asking because i was going mad asking everyone what the heck did v in the vRS stand for ??? and if you throw some light about the history behind that badge , would be very nice.
It would be pertinent to mention that Ford owns rights to the RS moniker. Hence, Skoda had to add the "v" to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
When can we expect an official Team BHP review on this? I would like to see some photographs and a detailed write-up about this car, and the mods would be the best at it. It can be attached to the Laura review, since the cars are basically the same!

Rush, what gives?
Soon, pal. We have two super reviews coming up in the next week. Once those are done, we'll get to the vRS. As they say, leave the best for the last
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 22:03   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Soon, pal. We have two super reviews coming up in the next week. Once those are done, we'll get to the vRS.
Quickly, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As they say, leave the best for the last
Best? Based on the first impression posted earlier on this thread, I thought this was a regular Laura dressed up to look vRS. I already dissuaded a potential buyer based on that input

Is the car really worth it? Don't spill the beans, but just a hint for now, so that I can sort out the issue with that pot. buyer before it is too late!
Old 19th September 2011, 13:19   #304
BHPian

In short, I'd say a definate YES.. IF your looking for a cushy petrol sedan with a zing, loaded with features, and somewhat sporty handling.

If your looking for the True vRS experience which is comparable to the old Octavia vRS, your best best is a pre-owned Octavia vRS. This example of Laura vRS just wont do.

Autocar did a good review of the car, even took it to chennai for testing with NK. Verdict- Suspension is not as sporty as the outgoing Octavia VRS(only thing mechanically diffrent from the TSI, is not good enough). Otherwise its like a TSI Elegant model.

I'd say wait a few months for the dealer discounts to hit this car, as gas prices go up again.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 16:08   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
In short, I'd say a definate YES.. IF your looking for a cushy petrol sedan with a zing, loaded with features, and somewhat sporty handling.

If your looking for the True vRS experience which is comparable to the old Octavia vRS, your best best is a pre-owned Octavia vRS. This example of Laura vRS just wont do.
Exactly wot i felt when i saw the initial experience reports in the Autocar India Mag , they have a clear feeling that its not a proper vRS , now i'm happy i made the right decision to get my hands on a octavia vRS .
Old 20th September 2011, 00:32   #306
BHPian

praying for Skoda to grow some cojones and lower the price of this vRS to 13-14. Would sell like hot cakes at that price.. 17Lacs ++ is just too close to superb/accord/kizashi territory. Its like the vRS pricing team almost took a cue from the pricing team at Suzuki justifying its price at 18Lacs ++
Old 20th September 2011, 00:34   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
praying for Skoda to grow some cojones and lower the price of this vRS to 13-14. Would sell like hot cakes at that price.. 17Lacs ++ is just too close to superb/accord/kizashi territory. Its like the vRS pricing team almost took a cue from the pricing team at Suzuki justifying its price at 18Lacs ++
it should happen soon in 6-8months as the Octavia3(next laura) launch is expected in a year times now
Old 20th September 2011, 00:43   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
it should happen soon in 6-8months as the Octavia3(next laura) launch is expected in a year times now
Amen to that brother.. Although I have the TSI Ambiente, I'm entitled to a second company car in April 2012.. I love the laura, so i was thinking of turning my current 2010 TSI into a monster (Turbo+Exhaust+feulpump+Injectors+Suspension from the 'Euro' VRS and pete's box).. and keeping the new vRS as the daily driver :-)
Old 20th September 2011, 01:26   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81

Amen to that brother.. Although I have the TSI Ambiente, I'm entitled to a second company car in April 2012.. I love the laura, so i was thinking of turning my current 2010 TSI into a monster (Turbo+Exhaust+feulpump+Injectors+Suspension from the 'Euro' VRS and pete's box).. and keeping the new vRS as the daily driver :-)
Go on Would love to know how n where all this can be done here.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:47   #310
Senior - BHPian

Found this video online - shows off some of the Laura's capabilities! The Laura's are driven by Rally Drivers. A must watch for the Laura vRS enthusiast!

Enjoy

Last edited by anekho : 21st September 2011 at 16:49.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:54   #311
BHPian

Petrol price in USA: 46Rs per litre
Petrol price in India: 75Rs per litre

Kizashi price in USA: 9 lakh Rupees
Kizashi Price in India: 18 lakh Rupees

Need i say more, first we have to pay 100% customs duty to Indian govt which doubles the price of imported cars like Audi, BMW, Honda, Kizashi etc. Then there is the fuel price hikes in petrol which is skyrocketing. I predict that petrol cars no matter how powerful they are will become extinct in India if they don't manufacture them locally and bring the prices down. Since the companies can't control oil prices they should concentrate on manufacturing performance oriented petrol cars in India instead of importing them as CBU, CKD and expecting the customers to shell out a fortune.
And again the issue of Indian roads, stray animals, pedestrians crossing the roads, lack of traffic sense and too many autos, 2 wheelers etc on roads. Who would enjoy a drive on Indian roads. Where can you rip an Audi or BMW?
Bottomline is performance cars in India only serve as a showoff by the rich. I pity them paying such huge duties to govt for cars and fuel and then not being able to drive more than 40kmph in our cities
Old 21st September 2011, 20:51   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
Petrol price in USA: 46Rs per litre
Petrol price in India: 75Rs per litre

Kizashi price in USA: 9 lakh Rupees
Kizashi Price in India: 18 lakh Rupees
Petrol Price in Delhi: 66.8Rs/Lt
Petrol Price in Sydney: 69Rs/Lt

Kizashi Price in Delhi: INR 16.86 Lakhs
Kizashi Price in Australia: INR 17.3 Lakhs

Moral of the story - stop comparing with US. There is close to no taxation there, compare with Europe/Australia and you will realise that the prices we pay are not so different. Just that the avg salaries there are much higher while India is a relatively poorer country. So it would always be justifiable to tax imported cars and fuel. If you cant afford a high performance petrol car, buy a diesel one and be happy
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 21:32   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
compare with Europe/Australia and you will realise that the prices we pay are not so different.
BMW 320D price in UK: 20 lakhs, in India it is 40 lakhs
Audi Q7 price in UK: 40 lakhs, India 80 lakhs
Chevrolet Captiva in UK: 11 lakhs, India: 22 lakhs

I don't see how European prices are same as Indian prices. The only area where prices are same in UK and India are small cars like Swift. But i am talking about luxury and performance cars
Old 22nd September 2011, 00:38   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't see how European prices are same as Indian prices. The only area where prices are same in UK and India are small cars like Swift. But i am talking about luxury and performance cars
Sorry to break your bubble again. Lets see.

BMW 320d in Delhi = 25 L INR
BMW 320d in UK = 28-30K GBP = 21-22L INR

Chevrolet Captiva LT in Delhi = 18.3 L INR
Chevrolet Captiva LT in UK = 22-23K GBP = 17.2L INR

Audi Q7 in Delhi = 55L INR
Audi Q7 in UK = 45k GBP = 34L INR

So apart from Q7, where is the difference you were talking about my friend ?
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:31   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Car makers can only control the ex showroom prices of their cars. Here in north BMW 320d starts 24 lakhs, Captiva must be around 17(Ex-showroom, discounts excluded).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks