Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 12:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fabia refresh

Whats the reason for this change? Was'nt Fabia doing allright in number of sales?
It was'nt long ago, that they introduced the F/L Fabia. Now, in a year or so, another one's coming up, that too with stripped features? Why Skoda? What seems to be your strategy?

If the Ambition Plus is 6L odd (ex showroom) what would the Elegence be? Does it make sense to buy a hatch after all? However premiuim it may be.
Old 13th September 2011, 22:45   #17
BHPian

Oh no!! I'm gonna miss that 15 inch alloy upgrade to the Elegance trim.

Can anyone tell whether an aftermarket upgrade of alloy size need any tweaking with speedometer calibration? This could be a dumb one, but is it not true that at say, 60kmph, the rpm of the wheels for a 14 inch would differ from that on a 15 inch. So, in that case, would the speedo need a recalibration to determine the correct speed on the gauge ?
Old 14th September 2011, 08:26   #18
BHPian

@mempheS.D
The ground clearance remains unchanged for 15" wheels. So am unsure if the wall height of the tyres is different and thus same tyre size overall. I have lesser understanding of tyres, I am sure somebody more knowledgable can she more light.

BTW, where did you buy the car from? What offers did you get?

~maniac
Old 14th September 2011, 09:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

Sad to see Skoda going this way.

They're considered to be a premium brand, and this move might change the perceptions of people. I suppose Skoda have gone down this road because of increasing competition. Honda's double blow in the form of the new Brio and the discounted Jazz might be the reason. Also, with the entry of the diesel Beat, and the Toyota Etios Liva, things are getting hotter in the hatchback segment.

Some members wondered what strategy SKoda and VW are looking to adopt, since their cars seem to overlap. I guess it's a little clearer now. Skoda might be looking to position themselves a notch lower than VW. The difference might be negligible, but the difference might change things for VAG.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Oh no!! I'm gonna miss that 15 inch alloy upgrade to the Elegance trim.

Can anyone tell whether an aftermarket upgrade of alloy size need any tweaking with speedometer calibration? This could be a dumb one, but is it not true that at say, 60kmph, the rpm of the wheels for a 14 inch would differ from that on a 15 inch. So, in that case, would the speedo need a recalibration to determine the correct speed on the gauge ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
@mempheS.D
The ground clearance remains unchanged for 15" wheels. So am unsure if the wall height of the tyres is different and thus same tyre size overall.
As per the brochure there is no change in the tire aspect ratio (185/60R14 vs 185/60R15). So there would be some requirement to tweak the speedo, which I guess can be done via vag-com. May be worthwhile checking the feasibility of upgrade through Skoda A.S.S.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 16:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

All i can say after weeks of wanting to book the car that between the dealers and Skoda customer care , they create more confusion than solve anything

All the dealers in Delhi are telling me a different story for the refreshed model

one says that the fabia 1.6 is going out of production
second one says , will only be available in March 2012
third says available but no discount
fourth says available with insurance discount

Ask Skoda and they say ask our dealers!

Still have not done the booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks