Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2006, 14:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Coming...Swift Euro 4 Diesel

Maruti Udyog Ltd, whose upcoming diesel engine manufacturing plant will start production by the end of this year, is relying on its premium hatchback, Swift, to make an onslaught on the diesel market.

Read full story here....
http://in.rediff.com/money/2006/feb/25maruti.htm
Old 25th February 2006, 15:09   #2
BHPian

yeah, just now saw the news on rediff. hope they fix the rattling problem before the plonk the diesel engine in swift.
Old 25th February 2006, 15:29   #3
BHPian

Hope they want to hold on the Diesel enthusiasts as Hyundai would be launching diesel GETZ soon .... Looking in to the progress of the plant Swift Diesel would only be a reality in 2007.
Old 26th February 2006, 15:07   #4
BHPian

if the swift d comes its gonna be the killer for hyundai crdi .But Maruti sould make the spares cheaper ,it should atleast learn from zen d spares they are costly and not out of stock is what the answer comes out
Old 23rd April 2006, 01:03   #5

The most probble diesel engine for the Swift 'll be the Fiat Multijet 1.3 16v with 75bhp. That is an Euro IV engine and it was the Engine of the year 2005.

The Palio should gain the same engine to replace the outdated 1.9D.
Old 23rd April 2006, 08:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Cant wait for Swift d!!! If it has some decent power, it could be the perfect compromise of looks, punch and economy and value!!!
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I guess the multijet engine from Fiat shoud be the best one here.
TCing is nothing but making the same small puppy run at much faster pace making it die early (i remember reading this same line from a thread; shoud be on on team-bhp or some other site).
Old 23rd April 2006, 18:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

fiat might not supply.....with their involvement with tata.....talks of plonking this engine in indica is a wild rumour running nowadays....and tata has not bought fiat india so that fiat supplies engines to maruti and the swift diesel literally steals sales from the indica(the tatas eat their bread and butter because of this car!!!!!)
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fiat will supply engine to Maruti

Hey all

Its a known fact that the maruti swift diesel will be out either towards diwali or early next year with the diesel engine 1.3 multijet from fiat. FIAT is an independent company which just like any others can sell whatever they want to whomever. So the fiat-tata collaboration has nothing to do with fiat-marutis.

the 1.3 multijet is the most advanced diesel engine till date with excellent torque and needless to say high FE and power too. city driveability would be a pleasure as such. and i really think fiat has to pull up its socks and upgrade the palio D to have this engine soon. the faster they bring in the new palio with more engine options, and the faster they bring in punto, the faster they will laugh to the bank - but first - get to know the customer properly! that should be the goal of fiat-tata.

swift D must be here soon.

Srik
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:58   #10
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastest lakshya
it must be turbo charged ! non turbo is not at all good !
i have indica , thatz why i know
The Fiat JTD engine is turbocharged.

Old 24th April 2006, 10:12   #11
mxx
BHPian

There was a review of swift diesel in topgear magazine.
It seems the car is not as exciting and sporty as the petrol swift. They gave it a score of 8/20.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

why is everyone wondering what diesel swift will have.it will definately be the 1.3l fiat mullijet with 70bhp and it will be baged as a DDi by maruti.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:57   #13
Team-BHP Support

-- post deleted. somehow the same thing got pasted so many times! ---

Last edited by Zappo : 24th April 2006 at 12:00.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:57   #14
Team-BHP Support

By the way, the most interesting thing to note in the rediff article is the fact that people have known all along. That the diesel and petrol prices will always maintain the price difference between them. Those who thought otherwise were only kidding themselves all this while. Now that Maruti has finally grown wise to it (Jagdish Khattar ackowledges it in the article) they are going full steam at it. Expect Tatas to come out with the Dicor range for all its car soon.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th April 2006 at 11:58.
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:14   #15
BHPian

If I were to part with my 5 lakh plus odd Rupees for a Multijet car, I'll wait for the car to get launched and will see, how actually it performs on road. I would be happy to prove wrong but there could be some wrinkles with new productions when subject to harsh indian conditions. Wise manufactures would definitely iron out these things in short while and then time would be ripe to go for one.

My opinion!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks