Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 19:11   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
so obviously they won't cover manufacturing defects. Is it then worth shelling out 4400 for 30 months.
I think the extended warranty is worth it - after 34 months & 50000 km of ownership, I had the A/C condenser fan replaced under extended warranty. The cost of the part plus labour for replacement were covered under the extended warranty.

I have the 18 months factory + 18 months extended warranty on my car.

When I bought my car, I had to opt for the extended warranty at the time of purchase; meaning I couldn't opt for it later. About a year or so later, Tata modified the terms and conditions so that buyers could opt for it later as well.

I think you have up to 15 months after purchase to decide but please check on that aspect.

Last edited by hrag : 3rd March 2006 at 19:12.
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:41   #17
BHPian

Well since I am working for Tata's should get the rates for Ex Mumbai and Ex Thane.........
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
Hello People,

I will be booking the GLS tomorrow morning. Can someone give me some tips on the extended warranty part? AFAIK, ext. warranty is given from dealer and not from TATA, so obviously they won't cover manufacturing defects. Is it then worth shelling out 4400 for 30 months.

Please reply urgently.

Thanks .
Where is that you stay abdriver??

In extended warranty your break down is covered of any mechanical parts. The parts will be replaced or repaired any where in India in any authorised showroom in India and it is labor free, but you will be charged for oil and lubricants.....

P.s.: If you stay in Mumbai or near by then you can call me tomorrow in the morning for surther assistance on 9223301622.
Old 5th March 2006, 13:13   #19
BHPian

i think it is a good price but the car is just not fuel efficient(same petrol engine i am guessing), which willl be a big drawback. But definitely better than the rest in its class.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks