Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo (Petrol) vs Swift (Petrol) on a race track. Guess who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
+1
I think this may be a marketing startegy by Ford to showcase their product above the competitor.
I agree to the points that @Torquedo has pointed out against the rivals. Apart from the competitive pricing there are hardly any points that show Figo above Swift.

Oh come on you are being too harsh on a well rounded product.
The Figo also trumps here:
-Interior space
-Boot space
-Ride and handling dynamics
-Chiller AC
-Bluetooth ICE (new swift has it? plz clear)
-relatively better build and fitting (new swift may differ. plz clear)
Old 11th October 2011, 11:10   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
The one thing that I missed out in earlier post on the Figo was the pathetic FE - with 100% AC In City the mileage is no more than 10.5 KMPL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
As for the complaint about mileage by the above person, I would say that the car is wrong for him (or his dad). I bought my Figo petrol because I wanted a car which is rev happy up to 100kph and still return decent mileage. All cars fail to give two digit mileage when they are hard-revved by me.

My almost 2 months old Figo returns an impressive 10-11kpl mileage considering 100% AC usage, always hard-revving and never being at constant speed, average 6 min waiting time at red light with full AC and the fact that my mom and sister learns driving in my Figo. I know that I need to look after my brand new Figo better
are you guys sure about this?
i mean, all is well under the hood?
my 5 year old fiesta duratec gives 10-9.5 in bumper to bumper, full ac.
maximum i get is after services, for about 3 tankfulls, of about 11.5.
recent highway run, i got 14.
considering that the figo has a newer engine, prbably enhanced tech-know, and lower capacity, shouldnt you be topping these figures?
just saying.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i mean, all is well under the hood?
I am not being sarcastic. I am actually complimenting my Figo's good mileage. May be you misread my post?

I said that with my style of enthusiastic driving, other cars return single digit figure while Figo returns double digit figure.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Oh come on you are being too harsh on a well rounded product.
The Figo also trumps here:
-Interior space
-Boot space
-Ride and handling dynamics
-Chiller AC
-Bluetooth ICE (new swift has it? plz clear)
-relatively better build and fitting (new swift may differ. plz clear)
Want to talk about the rear power windows? Thats a big big dealbreaker for many.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Oh..hill stations!
My point was that not many of us drive regularly on roads as twisted as racetracks.
Going by that logic, all we need is Alto K10!! As 90% of the time we drive with max 2 on board, in city with average speed of say 40?
And that's how sales rep. explain when you talk about airbags and ABS to push ready available non ABS/Airbag variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Want to talk about the rear power windows? Thats a big big dealbreaker for many.
Sure, absence of rear power windows is a grave mistake by Ford.
But that can be added later, not interior space and boot space at the price point offered
And I wont defend Figo asking 'how many times do we need to roll down rear windows'?.

Last edited by HammerHead : 11th October 2011 at 12:21.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 12:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

While I have driven the 1.2 Figo Titanium and currently drive a 1.2 Swift, I admire the ride and poise of the Figo.The gearbox is slick (on the petrol) , but not quite in the league of the Swift's extraordinary Japanesey box.

On an empty road, its quite impossible to drive the Swift with a serious expression on your face.
Sure, you might go slower around bends than in the Figo, but you are having fun going slower , that you dont care.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:26   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
When all you guys are talking about the Figo and the Swift, what about the fastest car on that race done by Overdrive? It's a Fabia 1.6 which did it in 2min 20sec and it even beat the Fiesta and Linea T-jet in terms of timing. It's there in the article of the link provided. I was really surprised to know that the Fabia was faster than Linea T-jet, Fiesta and Cedia. Now, that's something.
The new Fiesta is faster than the T-Jet by a whisker & amongst the hatch-backs, Fabia 1.6 is faster than the Polo 1.6.

Check ACI's Sep '11 issue.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why make this a fight between Figo and Swift? The article says that on a certain race track Figo beat Swift by a few seconds, so what? It is just a piece of information.

It is just a conditional statement and does not necessarily mean a brand A is better than brand B or otherwise! Let's not be SO insecure
anilisanil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 12:35   #39
BHPian

Surely the Figo will beat any hatch out there for the incredible handling even in 3 digit speeds. I believe an updated engine with more power or FE (we can't have both, can we?) will make it a better proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
The one thing that I missed out in earlier post on the Figo was the pathetic FE - with 100% AC In City the mileage is no more than 10.5 KMPL.
Try revving the engine between 1500 - 1800 rpm irrespective of speed or gears and you should see a good amount of improvement in your FE for sure. I now get 12kmpl in city (100% AC) and close to 15 kmpl on highways (50% AC). Refer earlier figures: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...go#post2102872

Last edited by rajess_in : 11th October 2011 at 12:37. Reason: Spell Check
Old 11th October 2011, 12:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
It is just a conditional statement and does not necessarily mean a brand A is better than brand B or otherwise! Let's not be SO insecure

I think the debate here is about which one is a perceived as a better car for Enthusiasts in terms of driving experience and not the package/brand/FE etc.

BTW , is there any chance that Ford might be under rating the engine in terms of HP at the crank ?
Old 11th October 2011, 12:37   #41
BHPian

Guys we all own cars based on certain criteria we define ourselves. We cannot possibly have all features packed in one car and get to drive it right?

Lets enjoy the cars we own and also admire the others with their rides.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I think the debate here is about which one is a perceived as a better car for Enthusiasts in terms of driving experience and not the package/brand/FE etc.
Indeed, there are many ifs and buts. The bottom line is that according to the person who tested the vehicle, Figo although has lesser power, due to its handling capabilities and sorted out suspension fared (in a certain race track) well than Swift which is otherwise a powerful car. Period!

They mentioned the under sized tires et al. Say reviewer was reviewing two movies Aag and Aamir, based on the review should we start fighting Mr. Khandelwal is a better actor than Mr. Bachan?

Last edited by anilisanil : 11th October 2011 at 12:51.
Old 12th October 2011, 02:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
That one was an old swift, that is for sure. But, who told you that it was 1.3L?
Any data to support your claim or just a wild guess.
The one shown in the pic is a pre-facelift Swift, while the K-series engines were introduced post the facelift, IFRC.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion a car with higher power can beat another which has lower power in a straight line ,if we consider the raw power of the vehicle.In a track the overall ability -suspension settings,body rigidity,brakking prowess,quick accelerating charecter(gear ratios)etc play a vital role.
we can thus infer that the figo has all the rest but a weaker heart which if made better (more powerfull) can cost the owner on fuel efficiency which hits his pocket directly.So let us leave things as such for all what figo is doing for ford at this point of time.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:30   #45
BHPian

I own a petrol Figo Zxi. It is a fun car to drive on the highways. On the NH4 from Bangalore the maximum I hit was 160 kmph. However the car felt unstable at that speed. Or rather i felt scared at that speed :P However 120-140 will be a very comfortable to drive. Unlike Santro( which also I own ) or swift, the high speed stability of the figo is very good. Only problem i find with the Figo is above 110kmph, the car starts to rev a lot. The Rpms keep climbing above 3500.. Is it bad? or Is it normal? I have tried keeping a constant 2200 rpms but above the 110 mark the rpms climb automatically even if i dont accelerate much. Maybe its due to the physics of high speed.

Also figo owners i doubt if you may have noticed the launch power of the car at the traffic signals. I always end up having a big smile after the green light especially against swifts And it works even with passengers at the back. I simply fail to understand how its possible given the power to weight ratio of the Swift is much much higher than the Figo. Everytime after crossing the Chinnaswamy stadium onto the MG road, we come to a red light. It is at this junction that everytime I end up with a smile. Also happened to me at signals on the BIAL road.
All in all my Figo has put smiles on my face for much more reasons than a Swift or a Santro would. Be it the ride quality, handling, easy maneuvarability, passenger space, ICE, A/C everything has impressed me for all the 10k kms i covered with the car.
City mileage is 10-10.5 kmpl without a/c as i hardly use it. and highway mileage is a meagre 16kmpl.
All in all Figo is a better package than any other similar priced hatches in the market. I am still at odds with the fact why Maruti doesnt give ICEs in the LXI models of swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks