Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 13:04   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: October 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry, but they aren't shared by any manufacturer. If it helps, the North India region is the king with about 35+% of all sales, followed by Western India with about 30%. Again, this is not the Golden rule but is applicable to many manufacturers.
Thanks.The reason for asking this was due to the report i read in newspaper.
Vehicles' sales up in Bihar - The Times of India

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th November 2011 at 13:07.
Old 11th November 2011, 15:47   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Thanks GTO for the sales figures! I must say, a thorough analysis of the Indian Car scene!! However, there's one thing I am pondering over. The dealer that I bought my GP from (Last week) is selling 20 GPs and 8-15 Lineas a month on a consistent basis (I went through his sales chart for 2011), which makes a total of 30 FIAT cars a month on an average. This means that they are booking 1 FIAT car every single day (may vary, just for the sake of analysis) of the month. If a dealer in a TIER-2 city like Mysore can do this, what is going wrong with dealers in Metros and cities like bangalore? Are dealers and SEs not pro-active enough? or are they driving prospect FIAT customers towards the VISTA/MANZA? I don't think the latter could be happening as there are separate SEs for TATA and FIAT and each one of them would have targets to achieve.

One more information I got to know from the dealer is that TML is revamping the entire process (From TD,Booking to Delivery and After sales) for their cars and invariably all dealers' SEs are getting trained. The SE also said that the new process, when practiced, may help boost sales and I was not sure how.

What are your thought on this?
I too have the same doubt. Today I gave my Linea for service at Concorde, Cochin and I enquired about Fiats sales for last month. They say that they sell 35 Fiats a month on an average. Then whats going wrong with Fiat? I had also seen some brand new Puntos and Lineas last month. He also said that after the recent hike in petrol prices the sales of petrol Fiats(including the T-jet) is very very low.
Old 11th November 2011, 18:06   #123
BHPian

As usual, very good analysis GTO. Toyota Innova and Fortuner sales appears to be affected in Oct, it may be a XUV500 effect. However, I am very sure though the queue for XUV is going to get longer as soon as bookings open, numbers for Innova and Fortuner will rise again. Never liked the Fotuner so much, and but simply love it now after seeing XUV.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:07   #124
BHPian

Thanks for the report GTO.
Beat is doing a fantastic job, though most of it would be diesel. Not sure why Spark sales are not as good as the earlier months. Fiat i feel has lost track completely. Great to see xuv500 kick start well.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

I think that Nissan Sunny with a diesel engine is going to do wonders for the car. I have already started seeing so many sunny's on the road already. The car looks good and is comfortable. I too may buy one if the diesel model is priced competively.
Old 12th November 2011, 10:37   #126
BHPian

Cayenne has been consistently doing good numbers this year. That’s what a potent and frugal diesel engine does to even an expensive car. 30 units is commendable.

Last edited by doctorque : 12th November 2011 at 10:46.
Old 14th November 2011, 13:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Cayenne has been consistently doing good numbers this year. That’s what a potent and frugal diesel engine does to even an expensive car. 30 units is commendable.
That's because it is a 911 perfectly suited to India. How?

1 - High riding; Bad roads? What bad roads?
2 - Comes with a Diesel engine
Old 14th November 2011, 13:54   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
That's because it is a 911 perfectly suited to India. How?

1 - High riding; Bad roads? What bad roads?
2 - Comes with a Diesel engine

I do understand the point you were making there friend, but don't call the Cayenne a 911. 911 is not what you associate to a 8sec 0-100 diesel SUV. But it indeed is the best 3.0 Diesel self driven SUV money can buy.
Old 14th November 2011, 13:56   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I do understand the point you were making there friend, but don't call the Cayenne a 911. 911 is not what you associate to a 8sec 0-100 diesel SUV. But it indeed is the best 3.0 Diesel self driven SUV money can buy.
Agreed with your point. Best handling SUV or the 911's equivalent in the SUV world. Will you take this?
Old 14th November 2011, 14:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Agreed with your point. Best handling SUV or the 911's equivalent in the SUV world. Will you take this?
Sure i would. Just google 'Cayenne Turbo vs 911 autocar.co.uk'
Good way to analyse Cayenne's abilities. On the road, there is no subtitute.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:10   #131
BHPian

The downward trend begins for the new VW twins - Jetta and Passat. Expect discounts / revised prices / limited editions soon.
Old 14th November 2011, 16:33   #132
Team-BHP Support

Jetta - three month waiting list - my guess is that they are being careful and assembling to order. VW Downtown claimed to have some in stock though.

Passat - How many do you see? I am starting to see some lately. When the Jetta came out end August, I saw a white Passat Comfortline sitting in VW Palace Cross. Last week, I went there to TD a Jetta,, it was still there. Front seat grubby from people trying it out. I enquired and the answer was

"Saar, it is blocked by someone who is abroad, we did not want to keep it in the yard"

If that was the case, it would have been kept locked
Old 16th November 2011, 19:11   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Rounding up the rear are HM-Mitsubishi (all cars tanking, save for the Pajero that brings in some $$$) and Fiat (Punto recording its lowest ever sales). I understand that Fiat has problems, but still, things are that bad that the cars should only sell 622 units. When things get tough, the weakest are the first to lose, I guess.
I heard that there was a major fire in Fiat's stockyard in Bangalore in August and they are facing parts issues. I don't know how much of this is true. This is what my friend was told since he is waiting for a spare part for his car for the last one month (thankfully, the car is not off the road - because the service centre has "sourced" the part for the moment from the showroom manager's totalled Punto).
Old 16th November 2011, 20:26   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I heard that there was a major fire in Fiat's stockyard in Bangalore in August and they are facing parts issues. I don't know how much of this is true. This is what my friend was told since he is waiting for a spare part for his car for the last one month (thankfully, the car is not off the road - because the service centre has "sourced" the part for the moment from the showroom manager's totalled Punto).
The fire was at the FIAT spare parts distribution center near Pune I guess. As far as I am aware of there was no fire associated with FIAT in Bangalore.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:14   #135
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Was browsing the net in the evening and got this article.
Diesel car makers overtaken by demand surge

Some important points:
  • Hyundai has an order book of around 20,000 units for sedan Verna
  • Toyota has received 12,000 bookings for Etios and hatchback Liva.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks