Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 11:41   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November

High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians & Team-BHP's guests. You can own any make of car as a participant (or even not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday November 27th, 2011 at Ford Motors India, DLF Cyber City, Phase 2, Building No- 10 C, Third Floor, Gurgaon - 122 005.

- Time? 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Refreshments will be served to all participants.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 30 BHPians. Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? Drop an email to drivesafe@team-bhp.com specifying the session you are attending, your full name & cell number.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2011 at 13:46.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 11:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th Novembe

"Driving Skills for Life"

*Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November-1.jpg

Source: Visit to Ford's Chennai Factory

As part of its "Corporate Social Responsibility" initiative, Ford has recently launched the "Driving Skills for Life" education program in India. The program's scope will cover its employees, while some dealers too have evinced interest in conducting the program at their level.

So, what is the Driving Skills for life program?
  • Training that includes theoretical (classroom) and practical sessions
  • Total time = About 2 hours in the classroom, and another 1.5 hours for practicals
  • Subjects : Driving for Safety. Driving for Economy.
  • Several points covered, including the importance of seat belts (for rear passengers too), maintaining a "3 second" distance from the car ahead, right of way at intersections, the dangers of speeding (e.g. the dramatic difference in braking distances from 60 versus 65 mph), blind spots, avoiding distractions (SMS'ing while driving) and, of course, maximising fuel economy (the right gear changes).
  • Videos made the training interesting. Sure-shot way of captivating the audience.
  • Mr. Shakti from Hubert Ebner (Ford's partner in the event) is so obviously well-read on the subject. He frequently backed up bits of safety advice with sheer statistics (nothing like numbers to drive the safety message home).
  • Though the program is targeting regular drivers, even as a petrolhead, I benefited from some key points (e.g. seat belts for rear passengers, importance of daytime running lights etc.). Great refresher of safety pointers for pros too.

More info at the Driving Skills for Life Homepage

*Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2011 at 11:45.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 13:23   #3
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Thanks for the info, mail sent!
Old 14th November 2011, 14:43   #4
BHPian

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th November

Thanks GTO, for the information.

I have sent a mail for registration for the program.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:54   #5
BHPian

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 20th November

Thanks GTO, I have sent the mail.
Old 14th November 2011, 16:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry guys, i will not be able to join. I will not be in NCR.
Old 14th November 2011, 17:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Registration mail sent! See you all on Sunday
Old 15th November 2011, 12:50   #8
BHPian

Good event, bad timing for me. Already have some plans for sunday. Working out plans so that I can spare time for this.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:02   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the information. Mail sent.
Old 16th November 2011, 00:38   #10
BHPian

Was waiting for this eagerly! Registration email sent!
Old 16th November 2011, 23:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Registration email sent on 14 Nov 2011. Are we likely to get a response or confirmation of some sort?
Old 17th November 2011, 00:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great job Ford and equally good job T-BHP to get this exclusive one only for us. When is this coming to chennai ? I want to be part of it too. Never too late to learn.
Old 17th November 2011, 00:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Great job Ford and equally good job T-BHP to get this exclusive one only for us. When is this coming to chennai ? I want to be part of it too. Never too late to learn.
It's already been to Chennai

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-october.html
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 18:53   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November

Guys,

Sincerest apologies for the change but, due to an unavoidable situation, the date & venue have been changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When? Sunday November 27th, 2011 at Ford Motors India, DLF Cyber City, Phase 2, Building No- 10 C, Third Floor, Gurgaon - 122 005.
All those who have registered will be contacted by Ford. Please note that the event is now on the Sunday, the 27th.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November

Mail sent.

Guys, who all are attending 2:30PM session? I am in that one hence would like to know who all i can meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks