Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th November 2011, 13:09   #16
BHPian

Default Mahindra Scorpio LX 4x4

Today came across this article. According to it Mahindra have launched Scorpio LX 4x4 at a price of 9.17 L Ex Showroom Delhi. But it does not have ABS and Airbags. Here is the link

Mahindra Scorpio LX 4X4 SUV no frills version soft launched at a price of INR 9.17 Lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi! | IndianCarsBikes.in
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Default Re: M&M Scorpio MHawk 4wd LX Launched.

I was at M&M showroom for XUV test drive last week, I read around 60K (or upto!) discount on Scorpio vehicles.
Does anyone know how much applies to LX 4WD?
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
all they need to do now is to bring in an LX PLUS with ABS and Front Airbags. Remove all the useless electronic twaddle from the VLX and indeed discontinue the VLX completely. This will remove any threat to the new XUV.
I dont know why its taken them so long to realize that the market was ripe for a good quality, rugged, tough 4WD Scorpio with AC, Power Windows and Power steering. thank god they did realize though!
now if they do the LX Plus as described above, they will continue to hold their stranglehold over that segment of the utility + lifestyle focussed market! The Scorpio is really spacious and a perfect UTE in many ways. Now its become even better on account of this new development. I really wish they would listen to us consumers and make safety as much of a priority as it is in other countries!
M&M - please focus on utility - remove the blingy cosmetics and electronic claptrap rubbish.
I would also like the rear wash & demister. The Sle with 4x4 would be just that, hope that they introduce 4x4 Sle soon, else offer ABS, Airbags and rear wash & demister as accessories to the LX.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I would also like the rear wash & demister. The Sle with 4x4 would be just that, hope that they introduce 4x4 Sle soon, else offer ABS, Airbags and rear wash & demister as accessories to the LX.
I Personally would prefer Factory fit ABS, Airbags more than a dealer fit accessory.

Since its a question of safety of the family, Factory fitment is more trustable than the dealer. This is just IMHO.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 20:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

I Personally would prefer Factory fit ABS, Airbags more than a dealer fit accessory.

Since its a question of safety of the family, Factory fitment is more trustable than the dealer. This is just IMHO.
100% I am with you on this!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote