Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 13:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Economic Times: Honda stops production of City, Brio to be next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
We are one of the few who got hit by this news. We were expecting the delivery of our brio this week itself.
And then i got a call from the dealer yesterday stating that the delivery of our brio had been delayed till February 2012 !!
According to him the production of the brio has actually been temporarily stopped.

After a lot of brain storming my sis had finally decided to go for the brio and now we are back to square one :( More brain storming now ..
My dad was supposed to get his Brio this week but now delayed by 2 months at least. Early Feb is the quote to him now. He is too smitten by the little Honda so he is staying put with his booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Brio deliveries should hopefully be normal from Feb 2012, depending on how it all pans out, and anyone here waiting for the brio, trust me wait for it unless its urgent and you are without a car or you must have a car ASAP, or else under normal conditions a wait for a month or two will truly make the wait worth it,

Have been driving it since over a month now and am loving it,

Regards,

I finally saw one Brio in my office parking lot. Looks quite good. Its very strange that I havent come across any Brio so far on roads (both in Delhi and here in Bangalore) Have seen even the not_selling Kizashi multiple times but no Brio! I think there have been very few actual deliveries to customers so far.

Last edited by joslicx : 27th November 2011 at 13:58.
Old 27th November 2011, 14:44   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

I finally saw one Brio in my office parking lot. Looks quite good. Its very strange that I havent come across any Brio so far on roads (both in Delhi and here in Bangalore) Have seen even the not_selling Kizashi multiple times but no Brio! I think there have been very few actual deliveries to customers so far.
I've actually seen quite a few. Saw a red one the other day, and saw one in Urban Titanium (looks stunning in the grey) and a blue one too. It's a small and cute little hatchback. Perfect for city-driving, IMO.

The only thing I find odd, about the way it looks, is that massive chrome tooth on the grille. It needs to go!
Old 27th November 2011, 18:46   #33
BHPian

It is unfortunate that 2011 has not been a good year for Honda.

They got their version of double whammies. In so far as Jazz and Brio is concerned, not sure how they read the market wrong and did not anticipate the demand. JIT, as a concept, is good but in those countries where things are predictable and things can work in clock work precision.

But I think, Honda being a Honda, will come back strongly based on lessons learnt in every which way - Derisking their production, their supply chain, out of stock situations.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:15   #34
BHPian

Even though the price correction on city can give them a breath of fresh air, their 'petrol-only' strategy along with the thai crisis is a ticking time bomb. A spike in the petrol prices may result in the cancellation of orders.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:50   #35
BHPian

If Brio is going to be stopped from being produced, then why introduce it? I guess this should be the short lived car ever. Will there be any takers for this car after this? What is happening at Honda?
Old 28th November 2011, 07:37   #36

I feel sorry for Honda. Genuinely. It's barely something they can help. My girlfriend has a Brio booked with one of the dealers since a month ago, and we were recently only told that the delivery was expected mid-march now. And as much as she loves that car to bits, the new delivery schedule has pushed us into considering if it's really worth the wait. If it were the Jazz, it would be a wait. No debate. At about 4.85 OTR for the Brio SMT, we have suddenly been tempted by the readily available Polo 1.2CL @ 5.22L OTR (post-discounts) and even the Liva. I've been a long standing critic of Honda's pricing and high-nosed outlook at Diesels, but I've seldom gone out on a limb to say how the Hondas are just such terrific value for money, if you consider actual cost of ownership (including re-sale) over a period of three years. And just when I got around to being all happy about the new price revisions across the board for the Jazz and the City (stock-clearing even) and now with the very humbly priced Brio, this happens to them in Thailand. I feel bad for Honda. I usually loathe the thick skinned lying variety that a majority of SEs at most brand dealerships are, but this is for the first time I have seen genuine desperation and exasperation on the faces of Honda Execs at the dealerships. They have never really run into issues like these before. Losing face, credibility and pacifying irate customers (mostly Brio's) is turning into a nightmare for them.

I for one, have decided to cut them some slack, and apologize when I cancel our booking with them, in case we decide to go with the Polo/Liva. I wish we could wait too. Just can't. This just wasn't meant to be

Some other time, Honda
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks