Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 21:53   #91
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The YE3 is / was supposed to be the replacement for the M800 and not the Alto. It was supposed to be designed from scratch by Maruti engineers at their R&D facility here in India to keep costs in check with inputs from Suzuki Japan. If this is indeed the YE3, then a lot has changed from the original plan.

Pulling the plug on the current Alto is highly unlikely in the current situation. What they need is a replacement for the M 800 which is likely to end its glorious run by March 2012. If this is indeed the YE3, then the current Alto might see some drop in prices closer to current M 800 levels and the YE3 might take the current Alto's position (head on with the Eon).
I agree and your deduction appears to be logical. However this is the YE3 for sure - and since the launch isn't too far away either, I guess we would get to know soon enough. Till then the Eon and the Nano 2012 can have a field day
Old 12th January 2012, 10:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

This is what I've got from a reliable source (quoting verbatim): "It has been brought to india to test the performance of the 660cc tc kei engine in indian climate & traffic conditions. If found satisfactory the engine may well be used in future launches. This particular Model will not come."
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 20:09   #93
BHPian

Hi people,

I caught the new SUzuki Alto in Gurgaon today. It was parked at the JMD Regent Square sometime around noon.

The car had an HR26 registration.

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-20120115-12.03.01.jpg

The rear windows were snazzy. Though I believe you can't open them. Is a hit or a miss. For a family, it sure is a miss
SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-20120115-12.03.09.jpg

A ritz style tacho. Nice
SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-20120115-12.03.19.jpg

The car had a service slip attached at the rear. Giving the purpose as Clutch tuning.

Overall, there is nothing to position it as the new Alto. They could have very well reduced the price point of the A-Star to Alto levels.

Cheers,
Tapish

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th January 2012 at 13:16. Reason: It contains contact no. and name of individuals. I think it's inapproprate to publish them without permission.
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 20:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Tapish, this is the export version of our AStar, known as Alto in international markets. Here the AStar is known so beacuse it coexists with the old gen Alto.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 22:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Tapish, this is the export version of our AStar, known as Alto in international markets. Here the AStar is known so beacuse it coexists with the old gen Alto.
I thought it was the one for Indian markets (becauseof the registration). My bad. There go my chances of an awesome scoop.

Cheers,

Tapish
Old 29th June 2012, 17:07   #96
BHPian

Yes it indeed is the new look Alto, confirmed today by Zeenews website through their following link New Maruti Alto 800- First Look
Old 29th June 2012, 18:41   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Yes it indeed is the new look Alto, confirmed today by Zeenews website through their following link New Maruti Alto 800- First Look
No, apparently it's not. As a fellow bhpian explained earlier, it is the export version of the A-Star. A definite giveaway would be the absence of the Maruti badge, plus the rear wash/wipe with defogger cannot really be expected. Also, 2 door hatchback is definitely not the Indian cup of tea. Further, the distinct tacho on the dash indicates that it is more of a premium offering by Indian/maruti 800/alto standards.

edit: missed the rear door handle! So it is a 4 door with a fixed/butterfly rear glass. That's definitely news.

Last edited by mi2n : 29th June 2012 at 18:44.
Old 28th July 2012, 19:53   #98
BHPian

SCOOP-Is this the new Alto?

Hi,

Is this the new to be launched Alto?

Saw this car on NH-8 on the way to Gurgaon yesterday. I was not able to take great pics, but it had Alto written at the back. Was quite sprightly (so maybe a K-10 model) and there was moderate traffic so even my iVtec took a little bit of time to overtake it and take a look at its front.

Couldn't take pics of the front but it clearly was a copy of the A-Star from the front...so what is it? Is the new Alto a tall boy version of the existing A-Star?

I don't know whether this has been caught on camera earlier- so will request mods to please merge with appropriate threads.

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-1.jpg

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2012 at 09:01. Reason: Adding Watermark
achyutaghosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 12:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

^^^ That's the JDM Alto, not sure whether the same is M800 or some MS official using the car doe personal use. The M800 has different tail (resembling mix if K10 Alto & old i10) & slightly modified headlights (resembling mix of Figo & A-Star).
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 12:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP-Is this the new Alto?

Mod Note : The 2012 Maruti Alto 800 Review can be found at this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Hi,

Is this the new to be launched Alto?
It is the Japanese version of Alto. See the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-suzukialtoecorear.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 4th November 2012 at 14:40. Reason: Adding link to review
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks