Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 21:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Deadline of High security Number Plates (DELHI/Kerala/Manipur - 31st Dec 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Whoa! This is sudden; I had no clue the deadlines were so close.

By the way, when the SC spoke of Delhi, was it Delhi (per se) or NCR? If NCR, then Gurgaon, NOIDA etc would have to conform to the rule as well.

Any one with knowledge of where one could source these plates in Gurgaon? Cost?
Delhi means only Delhi registered vehicles. Noida and Haryana will be covere undered U.P. and Haryana states respectively. As per other rules, if those cars entering Delhi then they should legally comply with the orders.

Don't know about the vendors in Gurgaon.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 9th December 2011, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Deadline of High security Number Plates (DELHI/Kerala/Manipur - 31st Dec 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Good to see this strong stand by the SC. Also cant help but laugh at the attitude of some states. (Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa), who have not even bothered to file an affidavit-whatever that is. Shows the attitude of the concerned government and how seriously they take the SC's orders.
The no plates mfgr of that category must not have approached our 3 states mentioned above with under the table dealings with those dirty politicians or may be the deals must have not got through..
Old 9th December 2011, 23:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post

The procedure to get an HSRP is to pay the required fees and fill up the nominated form at the RTO under whom your car is registered. They would issue a challan, which has to be taken to the authorised shop, who would create the HSRP for you and fix the same in your car.
Thanks. It appears there is nothing of this sort happening in Pune so far - their RTO site has no information on HSRP.

BTW: I think this thread should be merged with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-india-26.html
Old 10th December 2011, 00:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Kerala has not done a thing to meet the December 31, 2011 deadline. Clones available aplenty and there are some who arrange plates from Bangalore.

When the real ones come in is now anybody's guess.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:16   #20
BHPian

High security number plates is fine.
But is it not putting the cart before the horse? Why not have a Central Registry for all vehicles in the country?

This is a State Subject but there is nothing to stop the Centre from consolidating all vehicular and licensing information into an information storehouse accessible to all agencies and the public for cross checking. It should be the basis of State security and elimination of lots of corruption in interstate transfer and issues of NOC.

High security number plates should follow such a consolidation of data and not precede it.
basky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 10:44   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Any idea where can I get the new high security number plates in Bangalore? Planning a trip to Kerala soon, thus don't wish to be flagged down on the way due to this. Any dealers in Whitefield or Varthur area? Or should I visit Indira Nagar RTO and then...what's the process? Anyone has gone through the red tape formalities? What is the charge for getting the number plate in Karnataka? Thanks.
Old 10th December 2011, 12:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joommen View Post
Planning a trip to Kerala soon, thus don't wish to be flagged down on the way
Don't worry about that in Kerala. If the numbers are of sizes as per rules then no concern at all.
Old 10th December 2011, 13:17   #23
BHPian

I think this is a very good move. I am not sure why some bhpians are concerned about the move. You should see some number plates used in Pune they are completely unreadable. This will atleast give an uniformity. It would be very useful at the time of vehicle thefts.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Happy New Year

The deadline has come and gone. Looks like the Governments have buried their heads in the sand and are waiting for an earthquake response from the court. Life goes on as usual.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:54   #25
BHPian

I thought the deadline was extended but i am not able to recollect the new date. Read it somewhere.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
Happy New Year

The deadline has come and gone. Looks like the Governments have buried their heads in the sand and are waiting for an earthquake response from the court. Life goes on as usual.
All that the SC was concerned was about its own position and say being challenged, i.e., the part about not filing affidavit by the states. Absolutely nothing, I repeat, absolutely nothing, has happened on ground towards implementation.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Absolutely nothing, I repeat, absolutely nothing, has happened on ground towards implementation.
Just as well. I can continue to remove and clean behind the number plate without having to run to the RTO to get a sanction to do so.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:32   #28
BHPian

Just a thought that crossed my mind earlier this day.

HSNP is already a failure before it even started. Blame it on many reasons - most importantly, the lack of confidentiality. People knew about HSNP many many years before it was actually launched, that conmen have got well ahead in the game which make even the GENUINE HSNPs look fake.

HSNP would have been a good idea if the GOVT knew where they were running with the idea. A vision was totally absent. Maybe this needs to be another project that needs the likes of Mr Nilekani to PLAN, IMPLEMENT and ROLL OUT.

IMO, HSNP must be mandatorily implemented on all vehicles irrespective of year of manufacture, model, owner, State, etc. Now, obviously the next questions arises, as to how can the govt manage to implement this on all vehicles that are already on the road. The answer lies in 'Vehicle Registration Renewal'. Please find below a link from the website of the RTO of the country:

Ministry Of Transportation - Content

Multiple advantages:
1. RTO reserves the right to cancel the registration of a vehicle that may be unfit for the road for reasons like - eg: non functional headlamps/indicators/brakes
2. RTO can ensure that any fines accumulated over the period are mandatorily paid in order to procure renewal
3. RTO can enforce the use of HSNP plates
4. Above all, this can be a boon to those adhoc traffic check posts wherein the HSNP check can also be a reason for a bribe!
Old 10th January 2012, 20:15   #29
BHPian

The deadline has been pushed to Mar 31

High security licence plates hit many roadblocks nationwide - Times Of India
Old 10th January 2012, 20:28   #30
BHPian

Recently when I bought my Vista, the CG guys had no idea as to what is a High Security Number Plate. Brought my car to Hyderabad and the guys here said, sir forget it. Even if they implement the same in Hyderabad, what about the smaller cities where this facility is not available.

It seems very few are willing to pay in the name of security. I think it is indeed our Government's duty to brief all about the advantages and make this happen fast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks