Team-BHP - The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113631-mega-auto-expo-2012-thread-general-discussion-live-feed-pics-31.html)

Pls put a thread for Force one 4wd

Quote:

Originally Posted by sad:) (Post 2638275)
Guys !! Any updates from Fiat Stall...I did not see any picture or read anything about fiat. Were there any stall from Fiat Group ? Disappointing !

Quote:

Originally Posted by KkVaidya (Post 2638780)
Has the Fiat stall been featured in this thread? I have heard they have come up with a restyled Linea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey (Post 2638790)
Yes, would love to see the Fiat releases!! After buying the TJET earlier last year have been waiting for their 2012 announcements. Especially new color options !

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhkris (Post 2637452)
Bhpians,
Sorry if this has already been asked: Where is MITSUBISHI? Was the new Pajero Sport on display?

Fiat as well as Mitsubishi were absent from the show this time. While fiat launched new models, Mitsubishi seems to have gone off radar for almost a year now. Fiat showed off their new 2012 range at the fiat caffe at Janpath. Here's a link (Fiat Caffe)

Quote:

Has the Fiat stall been featured in this thread? I have heard they have come up with a restyled Linea.

AFAIK, Fiat did not participate the Auto Expo, and hence they did the separate launch of 2012 models on Jan 3rd.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey (Post 2638790)
Yes, would love to see the Fiat releases!! After buying the TJET earlier last year have been waiting for their 2012 announcements. Especially new color options !

Fiat did not participate in the auto expo

I cant see any Honda pictures.

Didn't Honda participate too?

I heard Ashok Leyland has launched SUV in Auto Expo. Does anyone have any news on this please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 2639196)
I heard Ashok Leyland has launched SUV in Auto Expo. Does anyone have any news on this please?

I think you heard about Ashok Leyland Stile, which is a rebadged Nissan Evalia and is meant for taxi segment. AFAIK, Ashok Leyland are not developing an SUV (I haven't heard about it, although I am employed at another company owned by Hindujas).

Quote:

Its a MUV,a seven seater, same as the Renault Evalia(?).

Quote:

Short and sweet of it:
Nose of an aria with projectors, body and interiors of the eeco.

Honestly, it was SHABBY once you saw the interiors.
I have pictures, will post them in some time if you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityvic (Post 2639175)

Even i am waiting for the Honda Pictures. The 2012 Civic was supposed to be launched, if i am not mistaken.

Also is the new CRV 2012 on display?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pats (Post 2639314)
Even i am waiting for the Honda Pictures. The 2012 Civic was supposed to be launched, if i am not mistaken.

Also is the new CRV 2012 on display?

Honda didn't showed anything new, Models which were already running show cased.

My experience at the auto expo (General Hours - Sat- Sun):

I have realised that the auto expo is no longer a show for the true auto enthusiast. One who waits every two years , stands in a line for an hour for tickets booked a month in advance and realises that he cant even go near his favourite machines due to the huge crowd. Crowd that consists of people who cant even pronounce 'Nano' correctly,aunties with lunch boxes having a picnic, people collecting (Snatching from executives) car brochures as if they were made of gold, girls clicking facebook profile pics without even knowing which car they are posing with,the hooligans delhi is known for having the ability to stare or grope any female form coming their way.

It was also an opportunity for people to show off their 'Jugaad' skills by flaunting media passes even if they are no way connected to the media. Was seriously pissed off by the management and crowds at pragati maidan. Though managed to cover all stalls in two days and i think it was worth the pain!

P.S. : Wanted to go during the premium hours to avoid the rush , though was not in a position to take a leave from office.

The exciting cars at the expo (In my opinion ) :

1) Smashing Red Mini cooper S
2) Again a smashing red Audi Q3
3) The Audi A3
4) Ford Ecosport
5) Defender concept
6) Tata Pixel
7) Renault Dzir concept
8) Nissan GTR
9) Merc SLS AMG Roadster
10) Chevy Camaro
11) DC avanti

Not so exciting (Again in my opinion):

1) Tata Safari storme
2) New Toyota Innova
3) Chevy Sail
4) Skoda Fabia Scout
5) The Honda Stall
6) Maruti Ertiga

Isn't Skoda participating! Looks like big brothers Audi and VW decided to dump their poor cousin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 2639351)
Honda didn't showed anything new, Models which were already running show cased.

This was new....a taillift!!
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-hc1.jpg
Quote:

this was it:
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-al1.jpgThe Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-al2.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 2639506)
Isn't Skoda participating! Looks like big brothers Audi and VW decided to dump their poor cousin.

except for the yeti, the "rupees 2k car", as per a kid who was pestering his dad to buy it "right now", was of interest.
lots of skodas.
Im sure theyll come up pretty soon
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-srs1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityvic (Post 2639175)

Honda did participated in the event but there was nothing exciting except the facelift City. All other cars were same and displayed as usual. Honda neither showcased the New Civic nor they introduced any variant of diesel engine.

But the City was crowd puller I must say. Here are few pictures I took from Honda's hall. As there is nothing new from Honda I didn't started a new thread.

Here are few pics from Honda's pavilion.

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-1.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-2.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-3.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-4.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-5.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-6.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-7.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-8.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-9.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-10.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-11.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-12.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-13.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-14.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-15.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-16.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-17.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-18.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-19.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-20.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-21.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-22.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-23.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-honda-24.jpg

Mods may please merge this post with Honda specific thread if it is started.