Team-BHP - The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113631-mega-auto-expo-2012-thread-general-discussion-live-feed-pics-35.html)

Looking at replies from the people who could manage to attend the expo, I am really Happy :D that I could not attend the expo live in Delhi.

Thanks clap: to all the team-bhpians for taking so much effort to bring the auto-expo to our desks with very neat and nice snaps and a detailed information. I am sure that sitting here I could know much more than attending the event live with so much pain.

Thanks again to the team of team-bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitg79 (Post 2643281)
How about a poll to determine which car was the star of the Expo?

I have a feeling it is the Ford Ecosport. My vote would go for that.

A poll would be great, I was also thinking about it. Summing it up in just one car wont be enough, may be the Mods should start a thread like "Your top 5 cars of Auto expo"??

Major thanks to Mods and T BHP members for updating this thread with information and super images.

You guys have had a hard time navigating through the crowds and even reaching the venue.

Excellent coverage of the Event !

Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 2644167)
..This is when the drama started, people who have been to the expo will know that the MB stall entrance takes up bit of the road, so at around 9:50 there is an ambassador coming in with a red light, then comes another and then an accent all with red lights and three stars for number plates. Out walks a funny looking fella trying his very best to look cool and this guy is surrounded by not less than thirty, yes thirty, I actually counted 26 but gave up after that, different men in uniform and in suits, trying all to look very FBI. I couldnt recognise him and I really do watch all the news everyday. Anyways MR important goes in the stall does God knows what inside and comes out. On the other hand the normal folk outside are queeing up there must be atleast 250 people in the line waiting for some ***, sorry for my language guys, to come out. We were finally let in at 10:45 after Sirji had left with his entourage.

This is ridiculous of the organisers to hold on the aam aadmi for a VIP when you know there are going to be around 100000 people visiting per day. Had to go through similar treatment due to a VIP when I went to see Taj Mahal at Agra the day before i went to Expo. Some Mr. VIP was visiting the Taj and it was closed for the aam aadmi from morning till 2 pm in the afternoon. After effect all the poor tourist who had planned there visit that day had to move to different venue Agra fort and only return to the Taj after 2 pm. Just imagine what would have happened to people who would have made plans to visit Taj and had a train or a flight to catch in the afternoon. You end up going to Agra and not able to see the Taj. It is so pathetic approach. I think the hounarable Supreme Court should put a ban on such special VIP visits to monuments/expos, etc at cost of trouble to the common man

Quote:

I have lived in the U.K. for over nine years, I have seen the prime minister countless times in London and it would be a lucky day when he would get anything more than a patrol car with two cops inside, here on the other hand every body with a God damn position of power, however big or small the power is acts all important.

What happens if the same British PM visits India? Or the US President? Our security is not trusted. They send their own people and vehicles in advance to prepare for their Premier's visit. May be, it is to do with the land itself:D.

Quote:

The companies were equally to blame, what was the reason of prostituting themselves so openly, The Tata stall had no models only company folk and guess what it was quite popular as well.

I have been following, off and on, the launches, calenders and auto shows for the past 15 years but still couldnt figure out how the semi-clad women are related in any way to the vehicle being show-cased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitg79 (Post 2643681)
I just had a radical idea!

What if the organizers keep a dedicated booth for the models (female, not automotive) while the other booths can be dedicated to cars and bikes. stupid:

That way, the model-ogling crowd will get out of the way and the true petrolheads can look at cars in peace. :D

I guess if you make such a thing, half of the crowd will vanish!lol: btw, i see and read in the german newspapers quite bad about the organisation! they dont call it chaos rather its got even worse. Moreso, the germans have understood that we indians, treat the firangis as god, and they get VIP treatment, so they are making good use of our innocence(I would like to call it that way to be more diplomatic) and started to dump their waste into us, by marketing it as simply "made in germany".

Hey so what happened to the various CS versions of Dzire, Manza and the Verito? I guess they didn't make it to the Expo but what is the new time frame for there launch now?

There is no sign / mention of Bajaj. "Pulsar" days are over ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINMAKER (Post 2651673)
There is no sign / mention of Bajaj. "Pulsar" days are over ?

pulsar is coming, in new flavors.
As per Mr. Pulsar himself.
I, for one, can hardly wait.
Although I wont be queuing up to buy, but i am a big fan of the pulsar brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2641954)
But the Indian Crowd takes it to a whole new level. You will feel ashamed when you hear some of those comments passed at the stalls. And this beats the whole purpose of the Expo. So they have to devise a way of dealing with the crowd.

Its same everywhere Doc. See this link and read the comments below the article. Even Indians will feel ashamed.

Ladies of the 2012 Detroit Auto Show Photos | Ladies of the 2012 Detroit Auto Show Pictures - Yahoo! Autos

These Auto companies very well know what the response of the crowd would be still they are doing it means they want that response. Another thing Yahoo.. how can they come up with such article. It is an International Auto expo or what. Clicking girls.. How cheap..

It's an established fact that models are paid to pose next to display-cars, and it's an established fact that this is a tactic to grab as many eye-balls as possible. It's not just auto-shows. You'll find this tactic being implemented everywhere. In advertisements especially. And I believe that there is nothing wrong with it, as long as it's tasteful.

However, it's also established that things can go a little overboard. Like it had at the 2012 Auto Expo. Nothing new in that either. Let these desperadoes get their own fix, while we 'real' enthusiasts get ours.

I wouldn't dwell on this. I'd rather concentrate on the real deal. Not that I have no interest in women or anything. Just saying.. :D

Oh, and I think credit is due.

Well done Rehaan, GTO, Jalsa and the others. *thumbs up* I got a ring-side view of the Auto-Expo via Team BHP - all while enjoying the comfort of my cozy home *grins* and I'm positively chuffed for two reasons:

- I'm glad I wasn't a part of that maddening crowd

- I wouldn't have gotten such good views of each and every car if I was there. Unless..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2634290)
Ashok Leyland is revealing their version of Nissan Evalia, named Stile which will use Renault Logan's diesel engine.
Attachment 864566
Source
SCOOP! Ashok Leyland Stile - News - Autocar India
I didn't know that Ashok Leyland was working with Nissan/Renault :eek:

Looks like Stile is slated for a 2013 release. The link below shows scoop pics of the vehicle spotted testing at Chennai.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/a...le-spied-60079

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddyoni10 (Post 3016293)
Looks like Stile is slated for a 2013 release. The link below shows scoop pics of the vehicle spotted testing at Chennai.

Isn't Stile's rear lamp too similar to that of Scorpio's?