Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 21:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Rajah Creeper - ultra small car unveiled in Auto Expo 2012

They can donate couple of creepers to the children's traffic park at Kochi so that it would be quite beneficial to at least kids.
Owning RR and M cars is one thing and making cars another.
Jokes apart it would be interesting to know about its engine gearbox etc.

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th January 2012 at 21:08.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think the only thing available on public domain are pictures and a few specs, however, the performance, engines, and all other details are still being worked out right? Its easy for us to sit back and trash out a product without actually trying it.

Think about it, its as wide as a 2 wheeler, as powerful as a car and has four wheels. If this was available to drive me to work everyday- why would i not take it? True- its not meant to be a "family car" but as an urban transport vehicle- for which I think it suits the bill.

PERSONALLY- I think its a great effort and once the actual product is brought - it would be a decision for one to take.

Think about driving in any metro with this narrow airconditioned comfort - +1 from my end!
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 22:59   #18
BHPian

Love looking at pics of cars,but with a name like Creeper (somebody please explain the rationale behind that one) and looking like it does,hope the project does not go up in smoke,much like the other products manufactured by the group,the only catch being that beedies are intended to go up in smoke and cars are not.
That said, if the vehicle is practical and fits a niche somewhere in the market,you never know,so Good luck!
Old 7th January 2012, 23:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aptly named! They should also consider launching a 4-seater version named "Creature".

Apparently it is designed by some local Aluminium fabricator in and around Chavakkad/Guruvayur area. That explains all those 45-degree angles.

On a serious note, I doubt the inspiration of the design came from Malabar Palanquins:

http://malabardays.blogspot.com/2008...palanquin.html
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_qZNyn4aHrYE/Se...7x9C40/Pallak1[1].jpg

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 7th January 2012 at 23:09.
Old 8th January 2012, 05:06   #20

Seems there was no other innovative & superior way to spend the vast amount of wealth stashed through selling crude silent killers and employing child labour. But I guess entrepreneurship is welcome in all forms and what better than financial bootstrapping. Well that’s my personal opinion.

That apart, the product certainly has the scope to mature and can certainly be targeted for industrial application. In its current form it is really creepy to qualify for passenger market.
Old 8th January 2012, 10:07   #21
BHPian

Encore: And keep on trying till you get it right

While enjoyed reading all the comments in this thread, perhaps due credit must be given to them for trying to do something when 99.99 % of us (including myself) have dreams which will remain just that - as dreams. Never mind that the vehicle gets us to speculate on of many possible origins of the design.

My vote goes this way: for trying 100%. For the final outcome: 39% (for producing a finished prototype). Overall: eh ? , will be back later

Last edited by basky : 8th January 2012 at 10:11.
basky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 11:48   #22
BHPian

Apt name, the looks of the 'car' gives me the creeps! Its almost like the designers were given a mandate not to have any curves whatsoever
Old 8th January 2012, 15:29   #23
BHPian

oh what a shame for us from kerala to display something like this in the auto expo,like most mentioned apt name, but then again in kerala, malabar area people do have a weird way of naming ,shops, building,products ect, theres a electric shop in calicut called "hilarious", there's a builder whose company name is "zealot",there's a mens wear shop called "mens bottoms" .there's a washing soap named "freak".so the name "creeper" is not surprising,lol.
desigNation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 01:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Notice that the left hand side U shaped light is not working in the pic above from the Auto Expo. I can only imagine what will happen if this car actually runs on the road. I can recollect images of various cartoon movies from childhood when a car used to just dismantle itself with springs flying everywhere.

A partnership with HM is probably the best way forward. That way probably HM will die sooner than later and we will be able to finally see Mitsubishi in its full glory. Yes I am cruel!

At best this looks like a channel for the beedi company to convert some of that black currency into legitimate ones.
That has to be the indicator.......

A very modern design for an auto rickshaw.....

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 19:31. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 9th January 2012, 01:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

The design was done by a Blore based design firm and the prototype was made there. There are only 2 seats , the co driver seat is at the back of driver seat. Correct me if I am wrong
Old 9th January 2012, 02:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
That has to be the indicator.......
Oh my apologies. I thought they were some alien designed Fog lamps.

Guys modesty is a great virtue to have. Praising them for trying and coming out with this product would have sounded good if this was the Pre independence India. But in 2011 I am not really sure if this is a good way to bring your dream to reality. Its more of a nightmare. Why am I so critical? Because I want to think practically. Does anyone really believe including the designers and dreamers that anyone will shell out 1.75L or thereabouts for a 2 seater creeper? This makes even the Nano look like an aspirational car. Just my views with no intentions of sounding rude.

Last edited by drmohitg : 9th January 2012 at 02:08.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 11:53   #27
BHPian

Surrogate Advertisement for Beedis

I think it is just surrogate advertisement for the Beedis. How many of us would be familiar with the brand of beedis otherwise?

It may also be an aspirational product for the Beedi smoker - it produces less smoke than the beedi.
basky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:51   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

NACP testing anyone?

I serously doubt the safety levels of the vehicle but then can't say that the Bajaj Autorickshaw is safe either and it sells in huge volumes and we (or some one in our family or some relative) do all in general travel a lot by it.

But in this day and age this can only be a limited edition run - Why buy this over a Nano?
Old 9th January 2012, 15:10   #29
BHPian

The first impression is . But got to give them for the concept. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have the ability to professionally execute these brilliant ideas.

Maybe, like their earlier concepts, this too will some day become a hit when produced by a mainstream company - Their earlier failed models can be said to be baby steps towards tapping the Innova category and the Ace category.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

First RE60 from Bajaj and now this one from Rajah/Kajah whatever... Both falls in to same category!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks