Team-BHP - M&M Launches the new improved Scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   M&M Launches the new improved Scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11391-m-m-launches-new-improved-scorpio.html)

Its going to come in Feb 2006. Full rear suspension overhaul has been done and the package has been designed by none other than Lotus! Other changes include minor facelift to grill and front end. Hope they do something to the rear too. If Scorpio gets it handling act good, it will be the best budget SuV

Ooh so lotus has worked on it this time...cant wait...will definately be an improvement.(i hope).

Drifter

Awesome - A Scorpio that can handle seems impossible at the moment. Period.

Only question is why did Mahindra wait so long before incorporating such an important change to the Scorpio?

GTO

hey, its already more than a month since sold my car and couldn't wait to lay my hands on a scorpio. i was waiting to buy one by the end of this year (to avail year end discounts) and you tell me this.ya, it would be great to have a better suspension but i cant wait. what should i do?

how authentic is this news?

HOLLY SMOKES
the best thing that could happen to scorpio
suspension done by one of the best people in business

forget cosmetics just do the suspensions & breaks and we have a true Indian suv

@tsk: where did you heard it?

Its in the scoop section of Autocar India Dec Issue.
Thats one magazine I trust completely on such things

Oh yeah. Imagine a Scorpio beating other C-segmenters on the twisties!!! It could happen.......yeah right..........but still, Lotus, you know.........

is this legite info???? i am planning a diesel purchase...thats why..so i should wait instead...????

Might as well wait if you can. No point spending the money now if you can get a better product in a few months time.

They have certainly approached the right people for the job. I wonder if they will ditch the leaf springs or try to work with it.

That's a great news, Lotus's work on the suspension would have helped definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Its in the scoop section of Autocar India Dec Issue.
Thats one magazine I trust completely on such things

thank you for that info
really looking forward to it

its going to be a long long wait for me as well...lets see.
anyway thanks for the info.

thats nice.. its best you outsource what your not good at ...,, I think even the Matiz had suspension and ride desgined by Lotus.. and Harley did outsource something from Porsche for the Vrod

This is definitely good news...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
They have certainly approached the right people for the job. I wonder if they will ditch the leaf springs or try to work with it.

I will be very happy if they ditch it and have full independent suspension all around...Imagine, a 7 lakh vehicle having a better suspension setup than one costing twice or even thrice as much!

MPower what level of finesse can be achieved with leaf springs?
And how much better are coil springs? I am asking from the design POV not customer POV.