Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 13:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012

I am amazed by the leg room in driver's seat. the steering column it too low. And its not adjustable. I couldn't even get my knee past it even after pulling the seat all the way back. Something went terribly wrong in the design. Also the seat height is very low and floor is very high. Anyone above 5'10" - do check and give your comments.

Am sure Big Big didn't drive it. No way he can get into the driver's seat.

Request Force Motors to look into it immediately.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

A few points i noted:

1) Why is a front bull bar standard on the 4x4? What if I dont want one? Its unsafe.

2) The rear bull bar is in the way of the exhaust!

3) The 4WD switch in the Force One is lifted off the Mahindra Scorpio.

4) Why such an awkward position for the electric ORVM adjustment knob? On the centre console behind the gear lever.

5) The rear looks boxy.

6) The alloys looks puny when compared to the tyres.

7) DRLs are much much better when compared to the XUV5OO.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The steering wheel on the Force One looks like a cheap imitation of Land Rover's steering wheels.
I don't see any similarities between the two.
BTW what made you think it looked like a cheap imitation.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The first monocoque in this class of commercial vehicles. It gets the same 2.2L diesel as the Force One, albeit detuned @ 128 BHP & 295 Nm of torque:
Attachment 868222
The first monocoque Force Traveller is also a 15 seater? Seems it also have 5 rows but on a lower trim than the one shown above.

Force can show some concept caravans/RV based on Traveller.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
The first monocoque Force Traveller is also a 15 seater? Seems it also have 5 rows but on a lower trim than the one shown above.

Force can show some concept caravans/RV based on Traveller.
Force traveller (previously known as tempo traveller) has always been a monocoque. In essence, GTO had been meaning that the traveller has been the first monocoque in its class.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 23:21   #21
BHPian

Sorry, but Whats monocoque ?
Old 10th January 2012, 23:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Force Motors was positioned in a pavilion that was home mainly to commercial vehicle manufacturers, and quite a distance away from the regular brands. Attachment 868187
Oh man, I totally missed Force Stand, where was it? Forgot about it completely. Thanks for the report GTO. This one seems to be a good option in the 4x4 SUV segment. The long wheelbase could create a problem while going hardcore. Look forward to a test drive report of 4x4.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Well, to me, it looks like a cheap and crude imitation. The arrangement of the switches and buttons of the steering wheel give it that look. I don't know of too many cars with similar arrangements for switches on the steering. And that's why I cited this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Sorry, but Whats monocoque ?
A monocoque is a type of construction that allows the structural load of an object to be supported on the external skin. However, in car-speak, monocoque is a term that describes a type of chassis-construction wherein the chassis is built into the body of the vehicle.

Most modern cars are built on monocoque frames. Many SUVs even now come with ladder-frame chassis though. These chassis are, in essence, ladder-frames, wherein the body of the car sits on a ladder. Some modern SUVs (mostly crossovers) are built on monocoque frames.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th January 2012 at 23:34.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The steering wheel on the Force One looks like a cheap imitation of Land Rover's steering wheels.
Except for the placement of the switches, there is no similarity. The LR steering wheel is 4-spoke whereas Force one is 3-spoke and the shape of the central hub is totally different . Also there are others like Captiva and Montero having similar placement of buttons
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:29   #25
BHPian

The badge on the Steering wheel! have never seen something this big! is it the same size of that goes on the outside?

about the monocoque construction of the Traveler, do you guys see any advantage of it on a van? i always thought Body on frame to be better..
Old 11th January 2012, 11:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

One of the vehicles which really impressed me in the flesh at the Expo was the Force One. It's totally different seeing in photos than in the flesh. Fit and Finish also seemed reasonably good. I saw a Touchscreen ICE on the 4x2 with all displays, led running light etc. looking quite a dash and value for money proposition at 10.99L.

Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012-force-one-front.jpg

The 4x4 (expected at a 1L+ from the 4x2)
Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012-force-one-4x4.jpg
Old 11th January 2012, 13:47   #27
BHPian

Looks like a very capable no-nonsense vehicle, with clean, functional interiors. Just waiting for the 4wd. I ike it
Paint job looks great but, swirls look like they are caused due to being cleaned with a non micro fibre cloth ( lol needs a visit to 3m ).
I just don't think projector headlights are a great idea for an offroader. Especially since it does not have the lens cleaning setup.

IMHO if they could further drop the price by removing all that chrome, projectors, indicators on ORVMS and high gloss paint; This would be lapped up by prospective buyers of 4x4 boleros ( does it exist ? ), 4x4 scorpios and 4x4 safaris. Or maybe replace the above with front, side and curtain airbags, abs, ebd and esp. If i remember right, one reviewer did mention how easily it reaches triple digit speeds. Such power without handling assists in the hands of our average taxi driver could be dangerous.
From what i know, airbags would be the only hardware investment here. The rest ( abs, ebd, esp ) are all software.

But none the less, this is going to be our next buy.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Same here. I also don't see any similarities between the two steering wheels. @suhaas307 please explain.

With the design perspective car looks well proportionate. I do not like their badging quality in rear. They should design some elegant badging for 10 lakh+ car.

I also feel, if this same car with same design is sold by some top brands (Toyota, Hyundai, Suzuki etc.), it should been sold like hot cake. But here Force have to fight with his branding as well.

Last edited by anujmishra : 11th January 2012 at 13:58.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:33   #29
BHPian

Force one's looks will please most and offend very few. It looks Masculine with clean uncluttered line. I for one feel its looks grow on you as the time passes by. I hate to admit it it is a very good option for anybody looking for a capable SUV. The mercedes power-train is a big draw too. The paint job is very good. I also agree with people who are saying, had it been a Toyota / Mahindra / Tata it would have certainly sold in decent numbers.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:26   #30
BHPian

Had a chance to peep into force one sometime back, The SA told that the Force one doesn't come with side facing seats in rear. It is not optional also as like in Scorpio. In this case the boot space has to be compromised when there are full occupants and more luggage to carry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks