Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 14:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Info on the new RTO at Vasai (Maharashtra)?

Friends,

One of my office colleague is planning to buy Punto 2012 through a dealer in Thane. The fact that my friend stays near Kashimira, he was asked whether he would like Thane registered or Vasai registered. My friend was taken aback when he heard of Vasai RTO. As per the dealer the Vasai Virar RTO is now formed since April 2011 and has been given the registration no starting with MH-48. The deal here is in either case of RTO registration he would not have to pay the Octroi.

I would like to know if any BHPian have registered their vehicles through Vasai RTO and how has been the experience. If my friend decides to go for the MH 48 registration would he have to pay anything else other than what he would have paid in Thane RTO.

Here's the link regarding the Vasai RTO although no such records exists in the official transport website. As per the pic in the link this looks like a makeshift arrangement.
New RTO at Vasai | Manickpur

Mods - Could not find any thread related to the subject, hence new thread. In case any thread exists pls merge.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Info on the new RTO at Vasai (Maharashtra)?

This is the first time I am hearing of an option being provided. Ideally your friend should registered at the RTO under whose jurisdiction his residence/registered address is. There is no question of paying anything extra here.
Old 19th January 2012, 08:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
This is the first time I am hearing of an option being provided. Ideally your friend should registered at the RTO under whose jurisdiction his residence/registered address is. There is no question of paying anything extra here.
Uptil now his residence used to be in the jurisdiction of Thane RTO but now since the Vasai-Virar RTO has been opened for the customers residing in the Mira Bhayander-Vasai-Virar region who at times were finding it very difficult to approach Thane RTO, hence this query.

As far as Thane RTO was concerned it would be been a non Octroi registration which would have saved him some cash. If the same benefit is available with Vasai RTO why would some one prefer Thane registration?
Old 19th January 2012, 09:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ghodlur, Since he stays at Kashimira, please ensure that he also pays the MIRA Bhayander Municipal Corporation's tax for the purchase of new vehicles. The dealer's do not inform this to the consumer and even if they do, they do not help he consumer in paying this.

I am assuming that the dealer is Balaji motors at Mira Road, let me know who is the sales guy...
Old 19th January 2012, 09:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Ghodlur, Since he stays at Kashimira, please ensure that he also pays the MIRA Bhayander Municipal Corporation's tax for the purchase of new vehicles. The dealer's do not inform this to the consumer and even if they do, they do not help he consumer in paying this.

I am assuming that the dealer is Balaji motors at Mira Road, let me know who is the sales guy...
Thanks Amtak for the information, will update my friend on the same. The dealer in question here is Fortune Cars -Wagle Estate, Thane.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ah! I have not contacts at Fortune. Know someone at Balaji. A few people in my building who have bought TATA cars have received this particular notice and were horrified to see the same. Besides that, since the car was bought, and a notice after 6 months, they also had to pay hefty penalty.

There is no octroi now in Mira Road; But this a new way of looting the "aam aadmi"
Old 24th January 2012, 03:47   #7
BHPian

As far as i know, Vasai RTO is only for people residing at Naigoan-Vasai-Nalasopar-Virar Strech. Bhayandar and Mira Raod still comes under Thane(MH -04)
I would suggest your friend to register it through Thane RTO.
Also, few weeks back there was something called LBT (Local Body Tax) which was applied to all goods/vehicles sold ath Vasai-Virar area but now its been discontinued.
I will check with a friend and confirm on this.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheekkunder View Post
As far as i know, Vasai RTO is only for people residing at Naigoan-Vasai-Nalasopar-Virar Strech. Bhayandar and Mira Raod still comes under Thane(MH -04)
I would suggest your friend to register it through Thane RTO.
Also, few weeks back there was something called LBT (Local Body Tax) which was applied to all goods/vehicles sold ath Vasai-Virar area but now its been discontinued.
Pratheek,

Thanks for the info. As per the dealer the Vasai RTO option is available for Bhayandar and Mira Road customers too as it saves them the hassles of visiting the Thane RTO which is relatively far rather than the Vasai RTO. Also the dealer did not mention anything regarding the LBT, it will be really helpful if you could source the information.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering howcome Vasai is near than Thane? For Vasai, one has to drive across the Gujarat Highway and I believe it is about 30 odd kms drive; OTOH, Thane is 25 kms at the max.
Old 26th January 2012, 05:46   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

This is good news, my cars are registered in Vasai too so I guess the next time my plates will read MH-48 instead of MH-04. The good part is that it will be easier to get VIP numbers of your choice since this is a new RTO
Old 26th January 2012, 15:52   #11
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Never knew there was a RTO at Vasai. I found 2 cars (Hummer H1 & G55 AMG)at the SuperCar Rally sporting MH 48 plates with number 1. Not sure whether they belong to same person or not.

Info on the new RTO at Vasai (Maharashtra)?-b.jpg
Pic: facebook
Old 27th January 2012, 11:02   #12
BHPian

We also got MH-48 for our newest addition Alto K10
As per reports the Vasai RTO MH-48 will serve the area from Mira Road to Virar
There is also a new fourth RTO MH-47 coming up in Mumbai to serve the area between Goregaon-Dahisar
RTO office to open in Vasai by month end - DNA - English News & Features - Mumbai - dnasyndication.com<
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 22:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ron, where are you from? Mira Road?
Old 28th January 2012, 11:34   #14
BHPian

@amtak me from Vasai....now in Pune
Old 28th January 2012, 15:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ah, I thought i found someone from Mira Road on the forum!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks