Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 14:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why Fiat Has Failed In The Past, Present & Will Continue To Fail In The Future

Note from Mod : This topic has been discussed already and, to be honest, gets redundant. Thread is hereby closed.

@ Smartcat : If you would rather that it is merged with an existing thread, please report this post. Thanks

My comments in-line in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
- Poor reliability
What?! I own a 2006 Model Palio and a 2009 Punto. Let's talk about the older one - with really rough use (some of my friends here know about it) the car has never got me stranded anywhere. You just drive it, service it every 7K, and again drive it.

- Poor after sales service
This has been discussed over and over again and not worth commenting anymore. The A.S.S. according to my experience is as good or bad as most of the other dealers. Also, I haven't faced a part availability issue till now - touchwood

- Poor mileage
You must be joking. Even the 1.6 100bhp dohc engine gives similar if not better mileage than many other engines of similar capacity. My 1.2 gives just about 13kmpl in city consistently in its 7th year - I have data to prove this as I log my fuel expenses and odo readings in an app in my phone. I have managed to get more than 18kmpl in highways with the car.

Not mentioning about 1.3 MJD models' mileage here, check above responses.

- Not so powerful heavy cars
Heavy they are, and yes not so much like Swift DDiS. But they drive like a dream on curvy highways with their superior and precise handling. Sadly an Indian driver still thinks that a feather light steering with no feedback - which feels like a dead fish in their hands - is actually a good thing!

and so on.

Of course, these might have contributed to the situation to a large extent. But to find the real reason why they are in this mess, you need to look at their recent history in India.

Year 1997 - Launch of Fiat Uno
Year 2000 - Death of Fiat Uno

Year 2000 - Launch of Fiat Siena
Year 2001/02 - Death Of Fiat Siena

Year 2001 - Launch Of Fiat Palio/Petra/Adventure
Year 2010 - Death Of Fiat Palio

Year 2009 - Launch Of Fiat Punto/Linea
Year 2014 - Death Of Fiat Punto/Linea
Can you also define what you meant by "Death" here? Their production ceased or they got eradicated form our roads or something else? All these cars are at least running in our roads even now.

Interested to know more about the prediction of Punto's death - I need to prepare.

Last edited by GTO : 29th February 2012 at 14:16. Reason: Adding thread closure note
clevermax is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks