Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 18:24   #16
BHPian

Re: FEATURES comparison of select Hatchbacks in 4.75-5.25 (P) 5.75-6.25 (D) lakhs ran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayonpal View Post
Now, my budget is 6.5L to 7.5L (on-road, in Mumbai). As of now, I have test driven the Polo, Brio and Fabia. Out of those three, Polo seems more probable since I loved the drivability. I had also one rented a self-drive car, which was a Polo, and had driven it for over 2,000 kms. It was a very pleasurable experience. The only downside I could find was that the windshield wasn't as big and I'd have liked. I am a tall guy, and it would sometimes be a problem to keep an eye on the traffic signals.

However, reading your reviews, it would seem that the Polo is hardly a worthy car. Is that true, or did I surmise it wrong?

Additionally, what's your opinion about the cars I have listed above?

Regards.
Dear Shayon - If you ask me I would rule out the Fabia (though one of my favourites) as there is no clarity from Skoda whether they are continuing or stopping its production. For petrol hatchbacks it is best to stick with Maruti Suzuki or Honda. Brio is a size smaller & class lower, as per my personal assessment. Also if you have seen Polo's interiors, you'll not take to Brio economy spec interiors, plus it has a tiny boot. On the other hand the Swift offers the best combination of engine performance, mileage, after sales service and resale. But a result of all this Swift is quite common.

I personally prefer four cylinder engines (Brio, Grand i10, Swift) if it is available in the same price range as a 3 cylinder one (Polo, Fabia, Micra). So you can also look at the Grand i10, which also seems to be a good package. But being a BHPian, these decisions need to be taken more with the heart than the head - so if you like the Polo go ahead with it - you wouldn't regret it. But do test drive all vehicles comprehensively.

I liked the FIAT Punto 1.3 Multijet and went ahead with it, inspite of issues associated with FIAT. After almost three years, I'm satisfied with my choice. By not having bought any other car, I don't end up regretting seeing a Punto on road and wishing if I had bought it.

Competition nowadays is so stiff that manufacturers cannot afford to be complacent. At the end of the day, if you are staying in a major metro city, you can go with any make & model as per your personal preference.
Old 30th January 2014, 14:33   #17
BHPian

Just an update on Polo if someone interested, please wait for the new cars and take one with Airbags as standard. Price difference shouldn't be much in my opinion.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/v...tandard-114874

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks