Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 23:00   #46
BHPian

Re: 2012 Ford Fiesta now starts at 723,000 (ex-Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I still feel if ford had introduced an ambiente verison in the diesel model and priced it on par with skoda rapid TDI ambition, more people would consider it. For the moment the base variant of diesel starts at 8.99 lakhs and they could have removed cruise control, ACC, fog lamps(?), music system and such frills and had priced it around 8.25 lakhs - that would have been an extremely attractive proposition.
You took the words out of my mouth! A basic diesel without frills makes more sense than outpricing it above the competition even if the competition doesn't offer those features.
Old 16th March 2012, 18:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I still feel if ford had introduced an ambiente verison in the diesel model and priced it on par with skoda rapid TDI ambition, more people would consider it. For the moment the base variant of diesel starts at 8.99 lakhs and they could have removed cruise control, ACC, fog lamps(?), music system and such frills and had priced it around 8.25 lakhs - that would have been an extremely attractive proposition.
Absolutely correct. If Ford cannot provide basic features like DTE, USB at 8.99L, then it doesnot make sense to have Cruise control and ACC either. I am a great fan of Ford cars, but this offer still doesnt make the diesel NFS (or the 2012 VW vento) a VFM proposition. Got to give credit to Ford for providing safety features on all trims. For me it looks like I have to wait longer to own another Ford (may be the Ecosport).
Old 26th March 2012, 21:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Its an awesome move by Ford India. This car in much nicer to drive than the Honda or the VW, the only real downside is the lack of rear seat space and according to the dealer in Coimbatore Ford is redesigning the rear seat for its 2012 model and the cars should hit the showroom in a month or two. They do not take orders for the Diesel Fiesta as of now. Equipment levels are top class when compared to the competition. There s no better drivers car at this price point. Now all Ford need to do is to market it properly.
Vikram , do we have any more information on this ? as what is the change mainly , is it the angle of seat or redesign of head rest .

Cheers,
Ranjith
Old 26th March 2012, 21:57   #49
Team-BHP Support

If there is a negligible price change to the diesel version,
do we still expect the sales to get boosted? I doubt this very much.

People looking for driver's diesel sedan would still find this expensive.
Even with the change in price, I would expect a negligible increase in sales of the Fiesta.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta TDCi Style was costing 10.95 before the price cut and now its costing 10.78 OTR in Chennai. The only addition being the useless Cruise Control to the Style variant! Nothing has really changed and its only the entry level pricing of the New Fiesta that was made attractive with the Ambiente!

I am sure the same cartoon who came up with the absurd pricing during launch is still there at Ford and trying to make it 2nd worst market dud for Ford after the Mondeo! Agree with Bala80 on the Ambiente version in TDCi to fight the likes of the Vento & Rapid. I hope Ford wakes up soon to reality!

I had a booking, now cancelled and waiting to see how the market responds!

Last edited by anachronix : 26th March 2012 at 23:01.
Old 6th July 2012, 11:28   #51
BHPian

Has anyone got an update on any offers running on the new Fiesta ? Now that the Ford Figo facelift has been spotted with a Start Stop button , is there a chance that the feature will be included in the new Fiesta as well ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks