Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2006, 20:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
Refer above Picture:
I think that part of the car looks a bit odd.

Me too.Something which spoils the look of what would have been a superb looking mini-suv.Maybe honda will work on it before the official release.
Old 28th September 2006, 21:23   #62
BHPian

Oh man, it looks sad! Kind of tried to fuse a car design into an SUV??? It seems like that to me...

Honda please, the current CRV is miles ahead in looks compared to the 2007 edition.
Old 28th September 2006, 23:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava 3rd generation honda crv coming soon on indian roads

Heres the link:
http://www.hondacarindia.com/CRVPreview/Default.html

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 28th September 2006 at 23:41.
Old 29th September 2006, 09:00   #64
BHPian

Still not so comfortable with the fact that there is a trend coming up where SUV blends with MPV and it is called "Crossover". It takes a bit of time to digest...I feel the majestic and road commanding SUV look is gone in this 3rd gen CRV! Am I alone here?
Old 29th September 2006, 09:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

I like it , wont say its got classic lines but to be frank none of the car has it nowadays .. ...its all about imposing presence , and in that manner I dont think this one is that bad a car !!!...oops SUV .......err...sorry softroader....hmm whatever !
Old 29th September 2006, 21:22   #66

Hey look at this.

This doesn't look that bad atall. IMHO it looks better than the present mellow one. This quirky design may not be able to find favours instantly but it has got the potential to grow on you strongly.
Old 29th September 2006, 22:03   #67
BHPian

In one side, it looked like a Volvo XJ, now it looks like the new RX300 or Harrier, esp the falling down curves in the rear! but this pic surely make it look better! :-)
Old 30th September 2006, 19:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Honda Motor Co plans to launch the new, third generation Honda CR-V, which was unveiled at the Paris Motor Show 2006 on Thursday, in India as well. The new and completely re-designed Honda CR-V is scheduled to be launched in India within the current calendar year, soon after its debut in the US and Japan. Talking about the forthcoming launch, Mr M Takedagawa — President & CEO, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, said, "The fact that new CR-V will be launched in few months after the US and Japan launches, shows the importance of Indian market for Honda. It also reiterates our commitment to offer our customers in the country the latest from Honda's global stable." Honda CR-V was introduced in India in the year 2003.

Source : Business Line (Online Edition) (9/29/2006)
Old 5th October 2006, 22:27   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Mixed bag

The new CR-V seems to be a mixed bag of styling elements that don't gel well as a whole.

The new CR-V:

Design elements:

1. D-pillar resembles that of the Ssangyong Rodius (yuck) - though not as ugly. But you get the drift :

Its very clear that Ssangyong cars are not desgined by people with automobiles as their area of specialization. And the new CR-V is too close to this design for comfort.

2. Tailgate has design cues from the Ford Explorer, which is a truck. Bad/bad? :

The saving grace being the overall package of the new CR-V seeming to have a better effect notwithstanding these design similarities with these other cars

Last edited by theMAG : 5th October 2006 at 22:31.
Old 5th October 2006, 22:47   #70
BHPian

I just wish the rear glass sillhouette gelled better with the D Pillar, but since the CRV has no third row of seats, I guess none of the passengers will find that to be a problem,
But I think thats the only real quirk, that can be singled out...Otherwise the design (which some find awkward) will grow on us gradually. Also the Interiors look really nice!!
Old 6th October 2006, 00:29   #71
BHPian

What a Crap !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse
what the hell was honda thinking.......screwing up their designs everyday
Very true indeed. Japanese tend to overdo designing. Current edition of CRV looks pretty. The new edition is a blunt copy of Lexus. 2007 Accord is even worse. Civic is an exception though. It's a superb next age design.
Old 6th October 2006, 08:19   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse
I reakon the new gen CRV look crap ........ more boxed and screwed up shape......what the hell was honda thinking.......screwing up their designs everyday.........even the accord new gen seems like a streched civic ...
the honda team needs good designers, who know what people want and like and how the car should like different ........it seems all their cars are having the same identical touch even of different models.............
even the new civics are not that great in terms of design......
come on it doesnt look that bad, but a good thing is it does have aftermarket, including suspension and a supercharger for the power freaks
Old 6th October 2006, 13:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Ok seems the launch of the CR-V is near, got this in my mail today from Honda.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/CRVPreview/default.html

Expected date is not suggested though!
Old 9th October 2006, 15:38   #74

I am not sure about this info. but one of the guy I know mentioned that re designed CR-V is also going to be released in diesel version this december. (Source Star news 9th oct).

Anyone has updates on this????
Old 9th October 2006, 20:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

the rear profile looks wierd.they should have done better than that especially after the civic.

the standing tail lights is also a poor feature of the car,it looks good from the front though.

Honda would better bring a diesel engine,but i dont think they have very good diesel engines for Suv's,only good one is their 2.2L common rail is guess.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 9th October 2006 at 20:19.

Most Viewed